Click Here!
Page 8 of 302 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 3014
Like Tree813Likes

Thread: The recommend-a-beer thread

  1. #71
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,776
    Liked
    8236 times
    Karma
    1045000
    Images
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    Anchor Steam goes hand in hand with a steaming bowl of clam chowder in the Fisherman's Wharf like Jack goes hand in hand with Jill up the hill.

    you know what I mean. put that at the top of the list of things to do before your last day on Earth.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

  2. #72
    Obediah
    Guest

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    My favorite Anchor Steam is their Wheat Beer. The Yardhouse used to have it on tap, last time I checked Goathill Tavern still does

  3. #73
    Arrogant Ba$tard
    Guest

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsjohn
    My favorite Anchor Steam is their Wheat Beer. The Yardhouse used to have it on tap, last time I checked Goathill Tavern still does
    How is the Old Goat Hill these days? It used to be crawling with jarheads looking to fight. What is the crowd now?

  4. #74
    Obediah
    Guest

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Ba$tard
    How is the Old Goat Hill these days? It used to be crawling with jarheads looking to fight. What is the crowd now?
    How long ago was this?

    I haven't been in about a year, but have never seen that crowd there.

  5. #75
    #SimianNation mitchrock's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    26,837
    Liked
    8045 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    610 Post(s)

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    I love Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. By far my favorite.
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

  6. #76
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,776
    Liked
    8236 times
    Karma
    1045000
    Images
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AB$
    How is the Old Goat Hill these days? It used to be crawling with jarheads looking to fight. What is the crowd now?
    last time I was there 6-7 years ago, only saw mostly yuppie/hipster crowd, the usual afterwork social crowd.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

  7. #77
    With us always. DougW8's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,077
    Liked
    184 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    Just got back from a few days in Portland. Didn't have near enough time away from my conference to see the local pubs. Did get a chnace to try some Blackhook Porter, which I had not had before. Pretty decent porter put out by Redhook. Yhe conference itself featured Widmer at the various receptions. Very nice perk on the flight on Horizon (Alaska) Airlines. They now offer free beer and wine on the flights to Portland. They feature a different brew each month. This month it was Pyramid Hefeweisen.
    Wasn't thinking of anything specific
    Like in a dream, when someone wakes up and screams
    Nothing too very scientific
    Just thinking of a series of dreams

  8. #78
    #SimianNation mitchrock's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    26,837
    Liked
    8045 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    610 Post(s)

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DougW8
    Just got back from a few days in Portland. Didn't have near enough time away from my conference to see the local pubs. Did get a chnace to try some Blackhook Porter, which I had not had before. Pretty decent porter put out by Redhook. Yhe conference itself featured Widmer at the various receptions. Very nice perk on the flight on Horizon (Alaska) Airlines. They now offer free beer and wine on the flights to Portland. They feature a different brew each month. This month it was Pyramid Hefeweisen.

    Love the Blackhook Porter. Great Stout to have with a cigar.
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

  9. #79
    lakingsfan2000
    Guest

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    My favorite beer is Yuengling Lager. It isn't fancy or anything, but it tastes great. Unfortunately you cannot get it on the West Coast, but its available across most of the East Coast. Its much better on tap than out of the bottle or can.


  10. #80
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,565
    Liked
    30 times
    Karma
    1000100
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default Re: The recommend-a-beer thread

    Never had anything from them, but I do know that it's the oldest continually operating brewery in the US.
    Sole member of the Mark Visheau fan club.

Page 8 of 302 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66