Click Here!
Page 89 of 302 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 3014
Like Tree813Likes

Thread: The recommend-a-beer thread

  1. #881
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Good News! Dogfish is bringing more beers to CA next year. No word on what they are yet, but more will be available

  2. #882
    kingsnation
    Guest

    Default

    For a great German beer you have

    Bitburger
    hofbura Munchner Original

  3. #883
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,774
    Liked
    8231 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Images
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsJohn/Obediah View Post
    You need to try the Palo Santo. Wayyyy better than the 90 Minute or the MT
    Vendome Liquor in Toluca Lake had that out for me to look at but I passed on it because it's a brown ale, which isn't my cup of tea. I'll give it a go next time I visit that place, if they have it.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsJohn/Obediah View Post
    Remember the Midas Touch is a hopless beer that is also brewed w/o yeast. The honey helps the fermentation so the beer is sweeter.
    yep, I knew that.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

  4. #884
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    Vendome Liquor in Toluca Lake had that out for me to look at but I passed on it because it's a brown ale, which isn't my cup of tea. I'll give it a go next time I visit that place, if they have it.
    I don't like brown ales either. Mitchrock actually convinced me to try it. Them calling it a brown is a bit deceiving. It's literally one of the best beers I have ever had

  5. #885
    Inland Emperor Azagthoth's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    7,642
    Liked
    62 times
    Karma
    1011232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsJohn/Obediah View Post
    I don't like brown ales either. Mitchrock actually convinced me to try it. Them calling it a brown is a bit deceiving. It's literally one of the best beers I have ever had
    Brown Ales are hit or miss, same with red/ambers. Although, I'd take a brown ale over a red any day of the week.

    Dogfish Head's Indian Brown Ale is phenomenal.

    Here are some other great browns that come to mind:

    Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale
    Rogue Hazelnut Nectar
    Greenflash Nut Brown Ale
    Sierra Nevada Brown Ale

    I picked up a Nogne O Brown Ale from Holiday Wine Cellar last weekend in Escondido, and will report back once I have consumed it.

  6. #886
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthoth View Post
    Brown Ales are hit or miss, same with red/ambers. Although, I'd take a brown ale over a red any day of the week.

    Dogfish Head's Indian Brown Ale is phenomenal.

    Here are some other great browns that come to mind:

    Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale
    Rogue Hazelnut Nectar
    Greenflash Nut Brown Ale
    Sierra Nevada Brown Ale

    I picked up a Nogne O Brown Ale from Holiday Wine Cellar last weekend in Escondido, and will report back once I have consumed it.
    Hey did you ever try the Palo Santo? I try to keep up with this thread but might have missed it......

    Also how is the Sierra Nevada brown?

  7. #887
    Inland Emperor Azagthoth's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    7,642
    Liked
    62 times
    Karma
    1011232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsJohn/Obediah View Post
    Hey did you ever try the Palo Santo? I try to keep up with this thread but might have missed it......

    Also how is the Sierra Nevada brown?
    Sierra Nevada Brown is great. Definitely go to Pizza Port Solana Beach since they have it on tap. I am pretty sure that beer isn't bottled anymore.

    Still haven't come across the Palo Santo yet.....

  8. #888
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthoth View Post
    .

    Still haven't come across the Palo Santo yet.....
    The Brea Bevmo has it.

  9. #889
    Go, Kings, Go rinkrat's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    210,859
    Liked
    7289 times
    Karma
    55431126
    Images
    6660
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

    Default

    Beer makes me feel all funny inside!

  10. #890
    With us always. DougW8's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,077
    Liked
    184 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Brooklyn Brown is probably the best brown ale I've ever had, but it's only available back east.
    Wasn't thinking of anything specific
    Like in a dream, when someone wakes up and screams
    Nothing too very scientific
    Just thinking of a series of dreams

Page 89 of 302 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66