Click Here!
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 239
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: The single malt scotch thread

  1. #91
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    I just had some Johnny Walker Blue Label. Best damn blended scotch I've ever had.

  2. #92
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,778
    Liked
    812 times
    Karma
    1295234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    I just had some Johnny Walker Blue Label. Best damn blended scotch I've ever had.
    i hear that's very good, but for the money it costs, i'd rather buy a single malt.

    too bad i can't check out xcheck's la scotch club. i gave up scotch and hard liquor when i found out there was a mini box in me. :(

  3. #93
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    i hear that's very good, but for the money it costs, i'd rather buy a single malt.

    too bad i can't check out xcheck's la scotch club. i gave up scotch and hard liquor when i found out there was a mini box in me. :(
    My roomate bought the bottle at the duty free shop, so I'll be having more of it soon. Don't worry so much about the Blue Label being a blend, it's easily better than half of the single malts I've had. Trust me.

  4. #94
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,778
    Liked
    812 times
    Karma
    1295234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    My roomate bought the bottle at the duty free shop, so I'll be having more of it soon. Don't worry so much about the Blue Label being a blend, it's easily better than half of the single malts I've had. Trust me.
    i figured as much.
    and i don't doubt you at all. i've heard nothing but good things about it although the people i know who've tried it would still save their money for their favorite single malts.

    after all the violently sick episodes i've had with blends, i've also developed an aversion towards the phrase "blended scotch". (despite how good i hear johnny blue is). lol. don't worry, i'd be inclined to try it once i'm fit to... just not likely to buy a whole bottle.

  5. #95
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    i figured as much.
    and i don't doubt you at all. i've heard nothing but good things about it although the people i know who've tried it would still save their money for their favorite single malts.

    after all the violently sick episodes i've had with blends, i've also developed an aversion towards the phrase "blended scotch". (despite how good i hear johnny blue is). lol. don't worry, i'd be inclined to try it once i'm fit to... just not likely to buy a whole bottle.
    I totally understand your position. Fortunately for me, me and this blended whiskey are becoming good friends.

    (I'm going upstairs for a sifter glass right now)

  6. #96
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    377
    Liked
    51 times
    Karma
    1110884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Default

    Hats off to Johnny Blue. If you're going to drink a blend, it's the way to go.

    But for that money (heck for half of the price of Johnny Blue) there are some good 15-21 year single malts and some interesting independent bottlings that have a much more complex flavor profile.

    Hope you enjoyed the Blue Mr. I.

  7. #97
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,006
    Liked
    273 times
    Karma
    1208532
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

    Default

    I got my JW Blue from BevMo for $160 awhile ago, the best price around that I could find, without looking too hard. Everywhere else was closer to $200.

  8. #98
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    377
    Liked
    51 times
    Karma
    1110884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Default

    Hey there fellow Scotchers. I had mentioned in a previous post that I had been dramming with some locals in the LA Scotch Club. Well, we have a meeting set for Friday July 17 in Sherman Oaks. Check out the page at: The Los Angeles Scotch Club

    It looks like the selections are all across the board with a super peaty whisky, a young Macallan, a couple well-aged Cadenheads bottlings and (what looks to be) a interesting Springbank. So we've got peaty, Speyside and Lowland covered.

    Price is only $20 if you reserve in advance. Check out the site or PM me for more details. Hope to see you there.

  9. #99
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcheck View Post
    Hey there fellow Scotchers. I had mentioned in a previous post that I had been dramming with some locals in the LA Scotch Club. Well, we have a meeting set for Friday July 17 in Sherman Oaks. Check out the page at: The Los Angeles Scotch Club

    It looks like the selections are all across the board with a super peaty whisky, a young Macallan, a couple well-aged Cadenheads bottlings and (what looks to be) a interesting Springbank. So we've got peaty, Speyside and Lowland covered.

    Price is only $20 if you reserve in advance. Check out the site or PM me for more details. Hope to see you there.
    Definitely will.

  10. #100
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,778
    Liked
    812 times
    Karma
    1295234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)

    Default

    would it look bad if a 7 mo.s pregnant woman showed up at this thing?

    (i keed, i keed)

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28