3 cups cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 can 7-Up
Bring 7-Up & sugar to a boil.
Add cranberries after sugar is dissolved and cook until popped.
Im rolling with the Spatchcock!
"How Dare You Trump My Clever Witticism"
Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE
Be the Match! www.bethematch.org
2011 - 2012, we believed, they delivered!
2012 - 2013, be the best 7th man in the league! and do it again for Tanner!
I've been spatchcocking the chickens and it works well. I'm going with the whole bird because it's a perfect fit in my small traeger. Did a tester earlier in the week since I have never cooked a turkey and it was amazing. I used an injection with chicken stock and butter.
Since my Thanksgivings seem to be smaller affairs, I am all about getting straight to the turkey sandwiches and football/Twilight Zone. Last year I came up with the prefect all in one turkey sandwich with a sweet potato yeast bread, cranberry sauce and turkey.
Sweet Potato Yeast Bread Ingredients
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-3/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sweet
- potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, honey, egg, salt and whole wheat flour.
- Beat until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Shape into loaves. Place in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf
- pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown (cover
- loosely with foil if top browns too quickly). Remove from pans to
- wire racks. Melt remaining butter; brush over warm bread. Cool.
1 pkg Fresh Cranberries
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Orange Juice
Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan
Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook until berries pop.
Chill until ready to serve.
Hmmm, Sweet Potato Yeast Bread sounds tasty.
One potato, two potato, Sweet Potato bread.
If that cranberry sauce I put in here was pureed in a blender...it could almost pass for my sweet and sour sauce...give or take one or two more additions...
You know whats been annoying me in recent years WRT turkey day and christmas, nobody gives leftovers to guests anymore. I'm left to make my own "left overs" by piecing together the fixins and making due.
I'm beginning to believe that I'm the only one who likes Thanksgiving anymore...
Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
Now go away.