Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 60 of 60
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Thanksgiving Recipes

  1. #51
    Selke Smooth notbob's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,566
    Liked
    5131 times
    Karma
    5614128
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daxx View Post
    You know whats been annoying me in recent years WRT turkey day and christmas, nobody gives leftovers to guests anymore. I'm left to make my own "left overs" by piecing together the fixins and making due.
    I'm beginning to believe that I'm the only one who likes Thanksgiving anymore...
    You need to come over to my place. I deliberately make too much of everything.
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

  2. #52
    Go, Kings, Go Rink Dawg's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    211,072
    Liked
    7683 times
    Karma
    55466126
    Images
    6660
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)

    Default

    Gonna smoke my first Thanksgiving turkey. My family is gonna TRIP because I could never cook anything. Didn't realize how easy it was till I did a tester the other day. 350 for 3 hrs. ... Done!

    Injecting today with butter and chicken stock.

  3. #53
    Win it again..for Tanner! nosoupforyou's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,801
    Liked
    827 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    243 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daxx View Post
    You know whats been annoying me in recent years WRT turkey day and christmas, nobody gives leftovers to guests anymore. I'm left to make my own "left overs" by piecing together the fixins and making due.
    I'm beginning to believe that I'm the only one who likes Thanksgiving anymore...
    take matters into your own hands:

    Hipcheck and jammer06 like this.
    Be the Match! www.bethematch.org

    2011 - 2012, we believed, they delivered!
    2012 - 2013, be the best 7th man in the league! and do it again for Tanner!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=100755849966783

  4. #54
    Win it again..for Tanner! nosoupforyou's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,801
    Liked
    827 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    243 Post(s)

    Default

    we've got up to 30 people coming, so I'm cooking 4 turkeys tomorrow and we'll have a turkey taste off:

    2 smoked - 1 regular, 1 with stuffing under the skin
    1 deep fried
    1 ultimate turkey (LA Times recipe above) in the oven.

    Going to do 2 types of gravy too (Ramsay version and a more traditional roux based version).

    I do want to pick up an injector today if possible.
    DMAN3474 and notbob like this.
    Be the Match! www.bethematch.org

    2011 - 2012, we believed, they delivered!
    2012 - 2013, be the best 7th man in the league! and do it again for Tanner!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=100755849966783

  5. #55
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,684
    Liked
    6658 times
    Karma
    1147768646
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1016 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosoupforyou View Post
    we've got up to 30 people coming, so I'm cooking 4 turkeys tomorrow and we'll have a turkey taste off:

    2 smoked - 1 regular, 1 with stuffing under the skin
    1 deep fried
    1 ultimate turkey (LA Times recipe above) in the oven.

    Going to do 2 types of gravy too (Ramsay version and a more traditional roux based version).

    I do want to pick up an injector today if possible.
    Y'all gonna have a carve off with all them turkeys?
    notbob and jccawdrey like this.

  6. #56
    Win it again..for Tanner! nosoupforyou's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,801
    Liked
    827 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    243 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Y'all gonna have a carve off with all them turkeys?
    carving is NOT a part of my many vast shallow talents.
    Be the Match! www.bethematch.org

    2011 - 2012, we believed, they delivered!
    2012 - 2013, be the best 7th man in the league! and do it again for Tanner!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=100755849966783

  7. #57
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,684
    Liked
    6658 times
    Karma
    1147768646
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1016 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosoupforyou View Post
    carving is NOT a part of my many vast shallow talents.
    Interesting, perhaps it needs it's own thread but there is more than one way to carve a turkey. Specifically most people argue about the breast. I prefer to carve it on the carcass although I do know folks that debone and then carve it like a roast. Anyone else have a preference?

  8. #58
    Win it again..for Tanner! nosoupforyou's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,801
    Liked
    827 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    243 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Interesting, perhaps it needs it's own thread but there is more than one way to carve a turkey. Specifically most people argue about the breast. I prefer to carve it on the carcass although I do know folks that debone and then carve it like a roast. Anyone else have a preference?
    I like doing it on the carcass as well.
    Be the Match! www.bethematch.org

    2011 - 2012, we believed, they delivered!
    2012 - 2013, be the best 7th man in the league! and do it again for Tanner!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=100755849966783

  9. #59
    Selke Smooth notbob's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,566
    Liked
    5131 times
    Karma
    5614128
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)

    Default

    I remove the breasts then slice with an electric knife
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

  10. #60
    waxing poetic Hipcheck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    31,100
    Liked
    1217 times
    Karma
    1346238
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    346 Post(s)

    Default

    I will be rolling the cider gravy as well....I found some Dry Hornsbys Cider at the Liquor Store Ill be using....Ill try and post some pics to instagram and twitter.
    "How Dare You Trump My Clever Witticism"

    Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28