March 25th, 2008, 10:12 PM #1
Time to talk about the best... SANDWICH
I love me a good sandwich and i am always looking for a place that has a great meal on bread.. whats the best one you've frequented and why?
my personal favorite list:
1. Balboa subs (Balboa & Parthenia)- Owned by one family and the same guy makes all the sandwiches... ask for the special... Ground beef, pastrami, turkey, bacon (i personally go no bacon) tomatoes, lettuce, avocado and hot sauce on a nice roll... 8 bucks and worth every penny.
2. Giamelos (DeSoto & Nordhoff)- Bomb
3. Filips! (China town) - never go wrong with a good dip
... am excited to hear about the new spots and what you guys get..
March 25th, 2008, 10:16 PM #2
im a big sandwich person. these are my 3, well 4, personal favorite places.
1. california turkey w/ garlic turkey from mikeys place in redondo beach
2. anything from big mikes in hermosa beach
3. ashleys & grannys delis in hermosa beach.
March 25th, 2008, 10:31 PM #3
I've only had it once, but I need to go back and get the Hot Pastrami at this sandwich shop inside of a market somewhere in Santa Monica. I don't remember the name, but I can get there by memory haha.
March 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM #4
Since I don't know any of the small, local, family owned places in Cali I can only suggest places that are chains. And as far as chains go, the best is totally Jersey Mike's. Not only is it named after me (Originally from NJ and named Mike) but if you get your sandwich "Mike's Style" it's exactly how I'd order it on my own. That place rules hard.
March 25th, 2008, 10:37 PM #5
Tony's Italian Deli in Burbank (on Alameda) is awesome! I love the lemon-pepper turkey sandwich. The sandwiches come with an extra thin slice of bread in the middle, & nice, crunchy chunks of pickle (as well as all of the other usual veggies).
March 25th, 2008, 10:53 PM #6
The Torpedo sub from Guilianos (I know of 3 of them - one in Redondo Beach, one in Torrance and I believe the original one is in Gardena)
A delicious combination of Italian mortadella, cotto salame, Buon Gusto Italian salame, Italian capocollo, provolone cheese, peperoncini & crisp lettuce. Served on a fresh 16” torpedo roll.
March 25th, 2008, 11:01 PM #7
Pretty much anything from Mario's Deli in Glendale.
Marios Italian Deli & Market
March 25th, 2008, 11:39 PM #8
Wow, that sounds amazing. I will have to try it one of these days.
Originally Posted by KingsFanKat
March 26th, 2008, 12:33 AM #9
Toasted Peanut Butter and Jelly from Watti's in Northridge
March 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM #10
I concur with both Mario's Deli and any one of the Giamella's locations.