Click Here!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 118
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: What's your favorite bar? Why?

  1. #11
    Lucky Luc! DRGinLBC's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,641
    Liked
    1685 times
    Karma
    2000724362
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    EJ Malloys, in Long Beach (Broadway & Redondo). Pretty mellow vibe, great beers on tap, the best beer battered fish'n'chips evaaaar. They have a handful of tv's behind the bar, and at each end of the bar, and they have a rad outdoor patio with a fire pit.
    Best fish and chips ever? You must not get out often. Theirs are OKAY.

  2. #12
    job
    job is offline
    Gross Impressions job's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,755
    Liked
    499 times
    Karma
    31527760
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geogirl View Post
    There is no need for further discussion. Goathill Tavern in Newport is the best bar ever. If you haven't been...Go. Now. They are probably open.
    It's actually Costa Mesa but, yes, it was a fave haunt of mine from 89-95 when I lived down there.

    Who remembers Rumplestiltskins in Newport?

    Who remembers sobering up at Charlies Chili?




    Oh to answer the OP: These days it's Johnny's Saloon in HB. Find out why for yourself.
    Last edited by job; October 10th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

  3. #13
    King of Swing BIG JOE's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,614
    Liked
    1177 times
    Karma
    1055000
    Images
    72
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Hofbrauhaus...
    roenick likes this.

  4. #14
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,486
    Liked
    1259 times
    Karma
    1125100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geogirl View Post
    There is no need for further discussion. Goathill Tavern in Newport is the best bar ever. If you haven't been...Go. Now. They are probably open.
    i used to go here all the time when i was in college. love this place.


    Quote Originally Posted by WingHater View Post
    I liked the Library in Lake Forest. But sadly they closed.
    haha... we had a girl apply for the receptionist position at my old job (surgical ophthalmology office) and her previous work experience was at the library in lake forest.

    Quote Originally Posted by job View Post
    It's actually Costa Mesa but, yes, it was a fave haunt of mine from 89-95 when I lived down there.

    Who remembers Rumplestiltskins in Newport?

    Who remembers sobering up at Charlies Chili?




    Oh to answer the OP: These days it's Johnny's Saloon in HB. Find out why for yourself.
    johnny's! i used to go here also. if i weren't a mother and still found it appealing to hang out in bars, i would totally still be going to johnny's. a friend of mine used to manage/bartend there. she went on to be a suicide girl and moved to vegas for the cheaper living.
    job likes this.

  5. #15
    Cougar Patrol geogirl's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,236
    Liked
    7723 times
    Karma
    701000554
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    733 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    Lazy Dog - Great place to hang and watch Kings games.
    I've been spending a lot of time at the Dog on Katella, great outdoor firepit area. Drinks are good but pricey, and their bartenders aren't nearly as cute as the Goat bouncers. That soft pretzel they have is amazing though.

    Oh, and it's right down the street from the Cherry Pit!!
    mitchrock likes this.

  6. #16
    1st Scoring Line WingHater's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,228
    Liked
    161 times
    Karma
    65454485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

    Default

    What about the Salty Dawg?

  7. #17
    job
    job is offline
    Gross Impressions job's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,755
    Liked
    499 times
    Karma
    31527760
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    johnny's! i used to go here also. if i weren't a mother and still found it appealing to hang out in bars, i would totally still be going to johnny's. a friend of mine used to manage/bartend there. she went on to be a suicide girl and moved to vegas for the cheaper living.
    I don't have much time to be in bars anymore at all, but I usually hit Johnny's before softball on Thursdays. Then Michael's (formerly the awesome Lookers) on Goldenwest and Bolsa afterwards. With an occasional last stop into the Green Girl on the way home.
    beedee likes this.

  8. #18
    Dolphins Hate Sharks! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,031
    Liked
    7853 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

    Default

    Despite being an alcoholic, haha, I've been to like one bar within the last five years.

    I was a bit of a barfly when I was going to uni in the bay area. Lol, and I have some good stories from those days. :P

  9. #19
    4th Line Rabble-Rouser beedee's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,762
    Liked
    3223 times
    Karma
    21815601
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRGinLBC View Post
    Best fish and chips ever? You must not get out often. Theirs are OKAY.
    Uhhh, okay. Last time I checked, opinions were subjective.
    job likes this.

  10. #20
    4th Line Rabble-Rouser beedee's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,762
    Liked
    3223 times
    Karma
    21815601
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by job View Post
    I don't have much time to be in bars anymore at all, but I usually hit Johnny's before softball on Thursdays. Then Michael's (formerly the awesome Lookers) on Goldenwest and Bolsa afterwards. With an occasional last stop into the Green Girl on the way home.
    I used to go to Michaels after thursday night softball also!!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28