vBookie Event: Kings vs Lightning - 7:30: November 19th, 2013 (Kings)
This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Kings Win 2/1 F (3.00) 48 725222114 WIN!
Bolts Win 2/1 F (3.00) 8 15424866  
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 216
Like Tree984Likes

Thread: Kings vs Lightning - 7:30: November 19th, 2013

  1. #31
    All Star PPharoah's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,501
    Liked
    9111 times
    Karma
    650075000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishMonger View Post
    I will uncharacteristically abstain for the good of the team.
    Think we can do this?

  2. #32
    I'm Your Huckleberry. Rawley19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,286
    Liked
    4673 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geogirl View Post
    The science of lightning is called fulminology, and the fear of lightning is called astraphobia.
    I have actually driven a professional photographer around parts of Arizona during monsoon season in search of shots of lightning. Funny part was I had no fear of the lightning but paid very close attention to possible flash flood conditions and ended up getting very close to struck by lightning, ended up blinded for a solid five minutes and the photographer was knocked on his ass. Got some great photos though, will post some as I find a few.

  3. #33
    Team LGK DorsalPhin's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,593
    Liked
    5064 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    542 Post(s)

    Default

    Damn, I think I have tendonitis now from catching up on all the karma I needed to give out. 2 orgy's, 2 vBookie threads....ya'll are whores!

  4. #34
    Cougar Patrol geogirl's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,371
    Liked
    7790 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DorsalPhin View Post
    Damn, I think I have tendonitis now from catching up on all the karma I needed to give out. 2 orgy's, 2 vBookie threads....ya'll are whores!
    Why yes, yes I am!

    Do you need some ice for that?

  5. #35
    Defensive forward kings022's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    504
    Liked
    561 times
    Karma
    2150688
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geogirl View Post
    There's not much time, people!
    Wait, the Earth's not going to explode, is it, cuz I still have things on my bucket list.

  6. #36
    Classic player VCRW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,861
    Liked
    6598 times
    Karma
    901014825
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1539 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawley19 View Post
    I have actually driven a professional photographer around parts of Arizona during monsoon season in search of shots of lightning. Funny part was I had no fear of the lightning but paid very close attention to possible flash flood conditions and ended up getting very close to struck by lightning, ended up blinded for a solid five minutes and the photographer was knocked on his ass. Got some great photos though, will post some as I find a few.
    In all the years of doing shows outdoors, I have had only 2 close encounters with lightning. The first was in 1979 while mixing the Doobie Brothers at the old Mississippi River Festival in southern Ilinois. Lightning hit the large scaffolding tower that housed those of us who were running sound, lights and spotlights. Luckily the structure was built on a concrete slab and well grounded to the re-bar. The steel structure glowed eerie blue and looked like translucent plasma. The air smelled of ozone. We were all scared to death but no one was hurt. Everyone of us had our long hippie hair sticking straight out. It was pretty comical.

    The second time was in Baltimore in 1986. The mixing tower was pretty flimsy and set up next to a huge oak tree. Lightning hit the oak full on during Bonnie Raitt's set as a microburst slammed into the concert area. The concussion blew me off the tower and I flew through the air for quite a ways. Luckily I landed on grass and nothing broke. The largest branch was split off the tree and landed right where I hand been standing. The audio console was destroyed, as I would have been had I not been launched by the force of the strike. Every local news station interviewed me for the 11:00pm broadcasts.

    I don't want to tempt fate with a third time.

  7. #37
    Cougar Patrol geogirl's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,371
    Liked
    7790 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    In all the years of doing shows outdoors, I have had only 2 close encounters with lightning. The first was in 1979 while mixing the Doobie Brothers at the old Mississippi River Festival in southern Ilinois. Lightning hit the large scaffolding tower that housed those of us who were running sound, lights and spotlights. Luckily the structure was built on a concrete slab and well grounded to the re-bar. The steel structure glowed eerie blue and looked like translucent plasma. The air smelled of ozone. We were all scared to death but no one was hurt. Everyone of us had our long hippie hair sticking straight out. It was pretty comical.

    The second time was in Baltimore in 1986. The mixing tower was pretty flimsy and set up next to a huge oak tree. Lightning hit the oak full on during Bonnie Raitt's set as a microburst slammed into the concert area. The concussion blew me off the tower and I flew through the air for quite a ways. Luckily I landed on grass and nothing broke. The largest branch was split off the tree and landed right where I hand been standing. The audio console was destroyed, as I would have been had I not been launched by the force of the strike. Every local news station interviewed me for the 11:00pm broadcasts.

    I don't want to tempt fate with a third time.
    That is so cool!

    I mean, that's just terrible! Thank goodness you weren't hurt.

  8. #38
    Cougar Patrol geogirl's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,371
    Liked
    7790 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)

    Default

    I wonder if I can get to 17 million karma by game time tomorrow...

  9. #39
    I'm Your Huckleberry. Rawley19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,286
    Liked
    4673 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Default

    (Here are some of those photos I promised)

    Believe it or not these photos are ones that the photographer did not keep and gave to me. The first photo came closest to hitting us on this particular day. These were all taken around the same location close to the Colorado River. Since we were at a slightly higher position to avoid flash floods we were also one of the highest points in the area, and as it turns out lightning likes to hit those spots that stand out. We set up a tripod and set the camera then lay down on the dirt as to not be higher than the METAL (questioned photog at length about that decision) tripod, (had to hike equipment up and car was not close). We were soaked.

    Name:  lightning -1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  33.6 KBName:  lightning -3.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  44.3 KBName:  lightning -5.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  42.5 KBName:  lightning -6.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  43.4 KBName:  lightning -8.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  41.3 KB
    PPharoah, TooCool, VCRW and 6 others like this.

  10. #40
    4th Line Rabble-Rouser beedee's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,179
    Liked
    2677 times
    Karma
    22251955
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LighttheLamp View Post
    I wanna go all in again, but I really love looking at all that karma.

    Someone convince me the Kings will kick some Lightning tail! :
    Member what happened last time when we went all in?

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28