Watched Sunday's The Killing ep yesterday. So good. Yeah, so sue me, it took me a few minutes to figure out who was in the trunk. Lighting too dark. I am pegging it as one of the cops/guards now though. Nice and vague. :)
1) Who did Becker's (the antagonistic death row prison guard) son shoot at the end of the episode?
2) (As mentioned in santiclaws' thread above) Why did Holder's new "partner" have a large bandage on his hand when Holder was beating him down?
3) Why did Linden tell Skinner that "she was wrong" and there was no link to Seward's wife's murder with the other murders? The reason I ask this is, even though she couldn't put any PHYSICAL evidence to link the crimes together, she STILL has Adrian's confession AND his drawings of where the bodies were found? How else would he have known that?? Wouldn't you still consider those to be "links" to the murders?
4) Danette tells Linden that Joe was in Alaska for 3 years, and so he couldn't have been in town the night of Seward's wife's death. Oh really?? Since Joe's such a reliable, honest guy, she just took his word for it that he was in Alaska the whole time?
5) The other thing that irked me (and I saw on other discussion boards) is that, Bullet wouldn't be dead had she just SAID ON HER VOICEMAILS to Holder WHO the killer was, by name. That is, assuming that the killer wasn't Holder's new "partner", and she felt uncomfortable telling Holder that unless she could say it in person?
6) What's the deal with Twitch? (is that the dude's name dating Lyric?). There sure are a lot of red herrings surrounding that guy (and not just because Seattle is known for its seafood at Pike Place Market! Ba da bing!). Is it possible that, Twitch might've been the one who got shot at the end of the episode? Or maybe Skinner? Most likely, it wouldn't have been a stranger, but instead, someone Becker's kid knew. Is it possible that, Twitch is involved in these killings? Or how about Skinner?
OK, so Holder was hurting...and it's clear that he feels a connection to Linden that he will NEVER have with anyone else...but that aborted kiss. WOW, why is nobody discussing that. Powerful moment and Kinnamen AND Enos have both been truly terrific, EMMY worthy, this season. Saarsgard, as Seward...also. Kq thought it was odd how he was such a badass, but onbce the clock started ticking he folded. I found that wonderfully refreshing. Once his anger got displaced by a little bit of hope he was beat. That cell-ie next door playing with his emotions, man, that was true sociopathy. Without a doubt, a TREMENDOUS season and AMC better bring this **** back.
almost positive that Holder's other partner is guilty of something. Or not. Maybe he is just an ass.
The other guard, the dark haired heavyset one...hurm...can't help but feel that there is something waiting to uncoil there
Linden's old partner, who she had an affair with, is complicit in some way with the death of Ray Seward's wife/conviction.
LOVE this show.
AMC Orders HALT & CATCH FIRE and TURN to Series; Starz Renews BLACK SAILS for Season 2 | Collider
Ok, so the Killings ratings have been improving. Not sure that is good enough to warrant another season as no numbers or confirmation has been offered yet. Part of the reason they decided to revisit this show is because they think that Kinnamen/Enos are potential future stars, Enos didn't exactly light up WWZ and Kinnamen's big go is the buzzing upwards slightly Robocop remake, so I am not sure that will be a factor.Quote:
This is the first time that AMC has ordered two new shows to series in the same cycle, but it comes at a time when AMC is facing a pretty significant turning point. Breaking Bad ends its series run this fall, and Mad Men returns for its final season next spring, which leaves the network without two of its most popular shows. Of course the ratings juggernaut The Walking Dead will still be running for quite a long while, but the only other scripted series on the lineup include the uneven (but improving) The Killing, the low-rated Hell on Wheels, and the new crime series Low Winter Sun, which premieres on August 11th. Obviously the network is hoping that its three new offerings catch on, and all of them certainly look promising. Expect Halt & Catch Fire and Turn to premiere sometime next year.
Good news is that the finale' is 2hrs.