Page 131 of 197 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1969
Like Tree1513Likes

Thread: All Things:AMC television

  1. #1301
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,797
    Liked
    834 times
    Karma
    1296545
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    Ugh. Can't stand Marie. I've hated ever character since they shoehorned in her klepto story line in season 1. What the **** was the point of that again?
    i don't like her either. mostly because of how everything in her house is purple. EVERYTHING. purple drapes. purple rug. purple chair. purple bedding. EVERYTHING. the klepto storyline wasn't as interesting as everything else but i think it showed you what a pathetic character she is and how weak both her and hank can be (hank for the reasons you've pointed out). they're a perfect pair, really. i liked how she finally had a backbone once and when she delivered that bitch slap, i was like "OH!"
    Last edited by lunchbox; August 19th, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Kubrick likes this.

  2. #1302
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,051
    Liked
    5876 times
    Karma
    1602103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1253 Post(s)

    Default

    Aw hell no...Marie is valuable. Her and Hank both have undergone changes. And when Marie was silently grilling Skyler she was even quicker than Hank to realize just how duplicitous her sister was...going back to Hank's near death experience. I think both of them have been presented as the counterpoint to the Walt/Heisenberg schism. In other words, what happens when a milquetoast/mild mannered person is pushed to the brink. I was so fiercely happy for Marie condemning Skyler while Hank is still giving Skyler the benefit of the doubt, refusing to believe she is anything but a victim. Real nice work by both Hank and Marie(the actors) and it really, for me at least, made Walt/Skyler seem wretched in comparison. The scene with the tug'o'war for the baby was painful.


    slightly off-topic
    I always complain that parts of this show are recorded way too low, and the conversation between Skyler/Hank on the floor of the bathroom was about the worst it's ever been. Time to get the subtitles out.

  3. #1303
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,047
    Liked
    1241 times
    Karma
    1239154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    611 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    i don't like her either. mostly because of how everything in her house is purple. EVERYTHING. purple drapes. purple rug. purple chair. purple bedding. EVERYTHING. the klepto storyline wasn't as interesting as everything else but i think it showed you what a pathetic character she is and how weak both her and hank can be (hank for the reasons you've pointed out). they're a perfect pair, really. i liked how she finally had a backbone once and when she delivered that bitch slap, i was like "OH!"
    Ha! That's great. I never noticed her purple house before. Now I have to go back and keep an eye out for it.

  4. #1304
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,797
    Liked
    834 times
    Karma
    1296545
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Aw hell no...Marie is valuable. Her and Hank both have undergone changes. And when Marie was silently grilling Skyler she was even quicker than Hank to realize just how duplicitous her sister was...going back to Hank's near death experience. I think both of them have been presented as the counterpoint to the Walt/Heisenberg schism. In other words, what happens when a milquetoast/mild mannered person is pushed to the brink. I was so fiercely happy for Marie condemning Skyler while Hank is still giving Skyler the benefit of the doubt, refusing to believe she is anything but a victim. Real nice work by both Hank and Marie(the actors) and it really, for me at least, made Walt/Skyler seem wretched in comparison. The scene with the tug'o'war for the baby was painful.
    *******************spoilers******************





    ya man, when skyler says walt can't turn himself in or they lose the money, you see again how she's just as bad as walt.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    Ha! That's great. I never noticed her purple house before. Now I have to go back and keep an eye out for it.
    i think i noticed because my old roommate loves purple. got the closest thing possible to a purple car. purple bedding. purple dishes. purple clothes. purple desk chair. purple lamp. i like blue but not everything in my house is blue. it's overkill, haha!

  5. #1305
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,051
    Liked
    5876 times
    Karma
    1602103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1253 Post(s)

    Default

    LOL: Where Do Walt’s Coordinates on ‘Breaking Bad’ Lead? | /Film


    ...But in reality, those numbers correspond not to a desolate desert landscape as seen on the show, but to Albuquerque Studios, where Breaking Bad is shot. Other recent projects that have used those facilities include The Avengers, The Host, and The Lone Ranger. The location is valuable in its own way, but not because there are barrels of drug money hidden there.

  6. #1306
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,051
    Liked
    5876 times
    Karma
    1602103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1253 Post(s)

    Default

    Terminally Ill Breaking Bad Superfan Turned Down Vince Gilligan’s Offer To Spoil The Ending
    http://nerdapproved.com/misc-weirdne...fJTSyW17shu.99

    If you watched the Breaking Bad season opener, you may have seen a dedication to Kevin Cordasco and wondered who he was.

    Kevin Cordasco, was a Breaking Bad superfan who came to the notice of star Bryan Cranston and show creator Vince Gilligan when they were contacted by his godmother back in September of last year. Kevin had been living with cancer the last 7 years and, as his father told The Hollywood Reporter “There was something about the Walter White character … the way he took control of his illness, and his life, that really resonated with Kevin.”

    So there’s no doubt that Kevin was overwhelmed and touched when Bryan Cranston spent time with him at the hospital, stayed in touch by email and then arranged for Vince Gilligan and Kevin to meet.

    At which point, moved by what a great kid Kevin was and by the severity of his illness, Gilligan offered to tell him the how Breaking Bad ends provided he keep it to himself.

    Here’s what choked me up about this story. Kevin thanked him and declined. Because he wanted to find out like the other fans and because he was worried he might not be able to keep it secret and he didn’t want to spoil it for anyone.

    Some part of me thinks Kevin didn’t want to know because he was determined to live and find out himself.

    He didn’t, sadly, but I’m pretty sure he knows. And I’m pretty sure he made a huge impact on a lot of people in the course of his life.

    What a cool kid.
    Tito...get me a tissue
    santiclaws and lunchbox like this.

  7. #1307
    Iím sicka the high hat!! santiclaws's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    14,752
    Liked
    13825 times
    Karma
    2041663
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    986 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post


    slightly off-topic
    I always complain that parts of this show are recorded way too low, and the conversation between Skyler/Hank on the floor of the bathroom was about the worst it's ever been. Time to get the subtitles out.
    I replayed that three times and I still didn't hear all of it, I just got tired of rewinding. WTF, people?

  8. #1308
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,797
    Liked
    834 times
    Karma
    1296545
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

    Default

    i live in a small place and my kid is usually in bed by the time i watch breaking bad so at that point, i always watch the tv on low sound with subtitles. most of the time, i can hear but when i can't, it's there to read so i guess i didn't notice how quiet that dialogue was. haha.


    edit: oooh and lookie here, this was mesmerizing.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjeffe...-contesta?bffb
    Last edited by lunchbox; August 20th, 2013 at 12:53 AM.
    santiclaws, Kubrick and BigBrown like this.

  9. #1309
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,051
    Liked
    5876 times
    Karma
    1602103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1253 Post(s)

    Default

    In regards to Low Winter Sun...


    Was anyone else flabbergasted by the coke-rich kids plan to open a crack-den, complete with whooers AND a fried chicken stand????

    What if the chicken was REALLY GOOD and you just happened to be picking up a to-go order when the fuzz came busting in? It made me proud as an American that Detroit is still the creative forefront of a new industry.

  10. #1310
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,900
    Liked
    10906 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)
    Kubrick and lunchbox like this.

Page 131 of 197 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28