Page 81 of 197 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1964
Like Tree1510Likes

Thread: All Things:AMC television

  1. #801
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

  2. #802
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    I may have waited too long to make my Hell On Wheels push. The ratings were not as good as season 1 where they had the Walking Dead as a lead in...but they weren't too far off off where Homeland winds up every week. It just depends on whether AMC wants to hold on to a show that gets decent ratings but costs a few dollars. If they are smart they will, it keeps it's numbers and for a network with very little content you need shows that may not be huge hits but still bring in audience. It's simply gonna be a cost thing at this point.

  3. #803
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    Walking Dead showrunner promises 'major character deaths' in S3 | Blastr

    BlahBlahBlah people are gonna die...BlahBlahBlah. Would be nice if they could assure us that they were going to focus on storytelling as much as 'surprising' us with character deaths. At this point the only character I would miss is Darryl. T-dog/Carol I HAVE to figure the clock is ticking.
    roenick likes this.

  4. #804
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    Lost in the whole Walking Dead adfest...COMIC BOOK MEN season 2 starts this Sunday as well. First season on HULU. It's a solid little show. And the postgame Talking Dead w/Chris Hardwicke too. Sunday just got EVEN MORE crowded. Man...the battle for hearts and minds takes place on Sunday Night tv!!!!!
    BigBrown likes this.

  5. #805
    CalgaryKing chaingunsofdoom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,013
    Liked
    502 times
    Karma
    4047479
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I may have waited too long to make my Hell On Wheels push. The ratings were not as good as season 1 where they had the Walking Dead as a lead in...but they weren't too far off off where Homeland winds up every week. It just depends on whether AMC wants to hold on to a show that gets decent ratings but costs a few dollars. If they are smart they will, it keeps it's numbers and for a network with very little content you need shows that may not be huge hits but still bring in audience. It's simply gonna be a cost thing at this point.
    I think with it being shot on the outskirts of Calgary, they should be able to do fine if they have the same budget as S2. I read some stories in the Herald about the new sets they built for S2 (which if you saw the S2 finale you will know what happened to those), but they seemed to do well with the spending of cash in S2.

  6. #806
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,484
    Liked
    1075 times
    Karma
    29136553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    204 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Walking Dead showrunner promises 'major character deaths' in S3 | Blastr

    BlahBlahBlah people are gonna die...BlahBlahBlah. Would be nice if they could assure us that they were going to focus on storytelling as much as 'surprising' us with character deaths. At this point the only character I would miss is Darryl. T-dog/Carol I HAVE to figure the clock is ticking.
    You wouldn't miss Glen?

    They are going to hype the deaths because deaths = ratings. What with the setup at the end of the last episode, there should be plenty of material to work with.

  7. #807
    Selke Smooth notbob's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,534
    Liked
    5022 times
    Karma
    5604128
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)

    Default

    Finally got to sit down and watch the finale of HoW. Great ending to a great season.

    Oh yeah almost forgot F the swede, F him right in the A!
    jerseydevil likes this.
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

  8. #808
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob8880 View Post
    Finally got to sit down and watch the finale of HoW. Great ending to a great season.

    Oh yeah almost forgot F the swede, F him right in the A!
    Me too. I admire their decision to kill ____. he/she had become a caricature. Weepy/whiny...no growth. Is the ____ dead? I doubt it. They left it in a good place. If AMC does not renew(possible) fairly satisfying conclusion. If they do...still a lot of story to tell. Love this show...and Bohannon/Elam are great characters. Whatever happens...2 terrific seasons.
    notbob likes this.

  9. #809
    Go Tanner Go! roenick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,156
    Liked
    1186 times
    Karma
    172532594
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

    Default

    Interesting Walking Dead tonight. Showed prison to be a true house of horrors that it could be. I always thought Kirkman kind of made taking the prison easy. I liked the way they had to work to get as far as they could. I like where Rick is at as well. Screw Lori.
    Dexter and jerseydevil like this.

  10. #810
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    Ok. So Herschell is the new Dale. Fair enough. Nice, albeit predictable turn of events. Good episode overall. REALLY nice work on the practical effects. The removal of the riot helmet(and the general maximum of skin) was nice puppetry work. The anorexic zombie that Carl did before the opening credits was nice too. Still too much reliance on cgi blood shots, but what the hell. Was surprised nobody got killed. Good to see T-Dog in the middle of things. Carol's flirtiness w/Darryl was cute too. Nice start. Nothing too special. Yeah. Lori is horribly unlikeable.
    Last edited by jerseydevil; October 14th, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
    Dexter and roenick like this.

Page 81 of 197 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28