Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 909
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: All Things:Animated

  1. #491
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,288
    Liked
    19454 times
    Karma
    105203176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

    Default

    Oh stop.

    It is NOT Hollywood's place to introduce ADULT sexuality and lifestyle choices into ANY family's dynamic through strategic placement in children's film.

    Yes, that sort of stuff occurs in life...and when it comes to our daughter growing up and and being taught about the lifestyles people choose having to be respected (but not necessarily approved of), it is THE PARENT'S CHOICE when to delve into that sort of thing. Overt sexuality of any kind (and this movie had plenty, both overt and covert) doesn't belong in a movie that's geared towards children...let alone any other form of entertainment geared towards kids. It could easily have been left out without harming the story in the least. Instead, whoever made the film felt the need to literally blindside people with it in an obvious desire to push an agenda and create a buzz.

    Whatever happened to telling a fresh, charming story to kids and families? Sure include a simple moral messages. Or better yet, don't. Focus on the adventure!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  2. #492
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,391
    Liked
    6101 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1319 Post(s)

    Default

    I just wonder...if the offensive matter had been in line with your beliefs, would it have bristled so much? Haven't seen the movie nor am I a parent...but this was marketed as a kids flick. I find it hard to believe that there was OVERT sexuality. Not arguing your rights as a parent to teach things at your pace but it's kind of hard to shield children from same sex couples/families these days. It's not like the 'good old days.'

  3. #493
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,288
    Liked
    19454 times
    Karma
    105203176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

    Default

    What? That question didn't even make sense. If it had been something in line with my way of thinking, of course it wouldn't have been offensive. Regardless...the homosexuality isn't the offensive thing to us.

    And here's a good question: Would homosexuals have been offended to find out by the end of the movie that no one in it was gay?

    The revelation at the end of the movie that the dumb buff jock older brother character isn't interested in the dumb blonde bimbo older sister (who had been lusting after him the whole movie) because he has a boyfriend doesn't do anything at all for the plot.
    Last edited by FBJ; September 25th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  4. #494
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,391
    Liked
    6101 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1319 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
    Oh stop.

    It is NOT Hollywood's place to introduce ADULT sexuality and lifestyle choices into ANY family's dynamic through strategic placement in children's film.

    Yes, that sort of stuff occurs in life...and when it comes to our daughter growing up and and being taught about the lifestyles people choose having to be respected (but not necessarily approved of), it is THE PARENT'S CHOICE when to delve into that sort of thing. Overt sexuality of any kind (and this movie had plenty, both overt and covert) doesn't belong in a movie that's geared towards children...let alone any other form of entertainment geared towards kids. It could easily have been left out without harming the story in the least. Instead, whoever made the film felt the need to literally blindside people with it in an obvious desire to push an agenda and create a buzz.

    Whatever happened to telling a fresh, charming story to kids and families? Sure include a simple moral messages. Or better yet, don't. Focus on the adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
    What? That question didn't even make sense. If it had been something in line with my way of thinking, of course it wouldn't have been offensive. Regardless...the homosexuality isn't the offensive thing to us.

    And here's a good question: Would homosexuals have been offended to find out by the end of the movie that no one in it was gay?

    The revelation at the end of the movie that the dumb buff jock older brother character isn't interested in the dumb blonde bimbo older sister (who had been lusting after him the whole movie) because he has a boyfriend doesn't do anything at all for the plot.
    Adult sexuality is adult sexuality. Heterosexual mores are part and parcel of almost every damned movie. You take offense because the sister's beau is a closeted ****? So as long as movies continue to preach the adam and eve way of life it's not offensive? C'mon...this ain't the '50's anymore. Does your child go to a school where NO ONE has same sex parents? C'mon man...tv, movies...everywhere the family dynamic is a bit more open minded even if there are a group of people who aren't. And no...homosexuals probably wouldn't have judged a kids movie on whether it clung to outdated stereotypes. C'mon brother...
    orpheus likes this.

  5. #495
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,244
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    I took my 8 year old sister to see this movie... and I find this conversation hilarious. I hope your kids aren't allowed to watch live action Disney shows.

  6. #496
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,391
    Liked
    6101 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1319 Post(s)

    Default

    or teletubbies

  7. #497
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,244
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Adult sexuality is adult sexuality. Heterosexual mores are part and parcel of almost every damned movie. You take offense because the sister's beau is a closeted ****? So as long as movies continue to preach the adam and eve way of life it's not offensive? C'mon...this ain't the '50's anymore. Does your child go to a school where NO ONE has same sex parents? C'mon man...tv, movies...everywhere the family dynamic is a bit more open minded even if there are a group of people who aren't. And no...homosexuals probably wouldn't have judged a kids movie on whether it clung to outdated stereotypes. C'mon brother...
    Here's the moment...

    The girl finally asks the boy out to a movie and he says...

    “Sure. You’re gonna love my boyfriend. He’s like a total chick flick nut.”

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

    Incidentally my 8 year old sister didn't even notice or care that he said "boyfriend".

  8. #498
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,244
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    or teletubbies
    Hah. But no... I'm serious. I have serious "moral" issues with everything about the way Disney programs their shows and their channel. But I don't think it's a liberal progressive agenda... i just think it's crass exploitation of dumb kids.

  9. #499
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,244
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    OR have we gone too far off the topic of "Animation" at this point....

  10. #500
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,391
    Liked
    6101 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1319 Post(s)

    Default

    Damned subversive liberal agenda ruins e'rything.

Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66