Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 816
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: All Things:Comedy

  1. #51
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    I'll be stunned if this doesn't join the list of awful stupid movies that people like you and jersey automatically love because of it's cast and subject matter.

    I ****ing hate this movie already.
    Whoa there pilgrim...I like Steve Coogan...that's about it. Rudd is ok in small parts and when he isn't playing the same-ish kind of part. But don't lump me in on this one. I hate Zooey. Elizabeth Banks never hurt anyone and Rashida Jones don't make me turn away, but do i think this is a hell of a cast? Nope. And I think this looks like an oversimplified version of Being There, which was a usage of the Urkel character that I think even you can agree was good. I think the man-child thing can be enjoyable(Forrest Gump still tugs at my heartstrings) but Galifinakis/Carell do nothing for me. You forget, my biggest problem is I love the Pirates movies. I'm not the one who likes these quirky romcoms. Sheesh, you think someone knows you...

  2. #52
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,243
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Whoa there pilgrim...I like Steve Coogan...that's about it. Rudd is ok in small parts and when he isn't playing the same-ish kind of part. But don't lump me in on this one. I hate Zooey. Elizabeth Banks never hurt anyone and Rashida Jones don't make me turn away, but do i think this is a hell of a cast? Nope. And I think this looks like an oversimplified version of Being There, which was a usage of the Urkel character that I think even you can agree was good. I think the man-child thing can be enjoyable(Forrest Gump still tugs at my heartstrings) but Galifinakis/Carell do nothing for me. You forget, my biggest problem is I love the Pirates movies. I'm not the one who likes these quirky romcoms. Sheesh, you think someone knows you...
    Yea I actually had left you out of that but then went back and added you... not sure why.

    My apologies.

    BUT I've had an assfull of Elizabeth Banks. She's not hot enough to justify the fact that she's not interesting enough to be in all these movies. She's like a 6 playing in a sandbox with no girls so she gets automatically upgraded to an 8. I'm done pretending.

    Rashida Jones.... meh..... I'm a few seasons behind on Parks and Recreation so the only thing I have to go on is The Office and I Love You Man.


    Oh and Forrest Gump doesn't count because unlike the rest of these obnoxious charactes HE WAS ACTUALLY COMPLETELY AWARE AND SOMEWHAT CONCERNED ABOUT HIS CONDITION!!! Unlike "The Urkel" who gets the end of the flick speech about "well at least I'm a nice person" where the audience and the mean old protagonist learns a lesson about life and love and I puke with rage and start looking for puppies to kick.

  3. #53
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    Yea I actually had left you out of that but then went back and added you... not sure why.

    My apologies.

    BUT I've had an assfull of Elizabeth Banks. She's not hot enough to justify the fact that she's not interesting enough to be in all these movies. She's like a 6 playing in a sandbox with no girls so she gets automatically upgraded to an 8. I'm done pretending.

    Rashida Jones.... meh..... I'm a few seasons behind on Parks and Recreation so the only thing I have to go on is The Office and I Love You Man.


    Oh and Forrest Gump doesn't count because unlike the rest of these obnoxious charactes HE WAS ACTUALLY COMPLETELY AWARE AND SOMEWHAT CONCERNED ABOUT HIS CONDITION!!! Unlike "The Urkel" who gets the end of the flick speech about "well at least I'm a nice person" where the audience and the mean old protagonist learns a lesson about life and love and I puke with rage and start looking for puppies to kick.

    Thanks for admitting.
    See, I actually like Banks for the same reasons you point out. She has a very likeable quality about her maybe because she isn't stunning. She comes off very well as a regular gal.
    And, I may have read it wrong, but do you LIKE Gump?

  4. #54
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,243
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Thanks for admitting.
    See, I actually like Banks for the same reasons you point out. She has a very likeable quality about her maybe because she isn't stunning. She comes off very well as a regular gal.
    And, I may have read it wrong, but do you LIKE Gump?
    Liking it isn't the issue.

    The point is he doesn't fit "The Urkel" mold for two very important reasons.

    1. Complete self awareness.

    2. He doesn't threaten to ruin anyone's life.*


    *Lieutenant Dan doesn't count.

  5. #55
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    Liking it isn't the issue.

    The point is he doesn't fit "The Urkel" mold for two very important reasons.

    1. Complete self awareness.

    2. He doesn't threaten to ruin anyone's life.*


    *Lieutenant Dan doesn't count.
    BUT...do you like it. Personally it would be one of my Desert Island Blurays. Great performances...epic in scope...and hella emotional. An unforgettable movie in my opinion...so, what say you?

  6. #56
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,243
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    BUT...do you like it. Personally it would be one of my Desert Island Blurays. Great performances...epic in scope...and hella emotional. An unforgettable movie in my opinion...so, what say you?
    I loved it when it came out.... but I was 16 years old.

    I haven't actually watched it all the way through in years and years.

  7. #57
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    I loved it when it came out.... but I was 16 years old.

    I haven't actually watched it all the way through in years and years.
    You should...while it's a simple concept it was made with a lot of care towards era-details and it's just so loveable like the cutest little lab puppy savaging a roll of really soft toilet paper.

  8. #58
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

  9. #59
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,884
    Liked
    10877 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    403 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    True... but aren't you tired of Steve Carrell/Zach Galifinakis/Paul Rudd being trotted out to play the doe eyed idiot savant for maximum sympathy?

    Enough already.
    Absolutely. But it could still be funny.

  10. #60
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,912
    Liked
    5784 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1233 Post(s)

    Default

    Movie News After Dark: Attack the Block, Monty Python, Michael Bay and Green Lantern vs. Critics | Film School Rejects

    Tonight in news that is strange but oh-so-wonderful, the Monty Python gang will be getting back together. All of them, even Graham Chapman, who died of cancer in 1989. According to the New York Times, Chapman recorded an audiobook before he died, chronicling his life and times with the Python gang. Now Terry Jones, Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin, John Cleese and (if he signs) Eric Idle will use those recordings for an animated film about Chapman’s life. My heart swells at the very notion.
    Am I alone in thinking this is a tremendous idea and pretty much the only way a reunion would be worth it?

Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28