Click Here!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: All Things The Following

  1. #1
    All Star x-wingcamewest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,577
    Liked
    3046 times
    Karma
    4325321
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)

    Default All Things The Following

    I searched back 4 pages and did an advanced search and couldn't find a thread so here goes.

    I have watched the first two episodes, mostly started cos' I enjoy Kevin Bacon. This day thing has so many twists and turns that you cant even hit your beer without missing something.

    I am enjoying it so far. Have any of you checked it out and whatcha think?
    Dexter likes this.

  2. #2
    woundedwarriorproject.org Dexter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    5,508
    Liked
    2731 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah, we bunched it into the All Things: Television thread I think, but it deserves it's own.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

    http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

  3. #3
    All Star x-wingcamewest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,577
    Liked
    3046 times
    Karma
    4325321
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)

    Default

    yeah, what I'm mostly "concerned" with is how they'll make this cult thing a several season thing. I mean, the dude that started it is gotta get the needle, then what? I hope it doesn't go the way of the prison escape series that went all limp dick after they all escaped.

  4. #4
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,542
    Liked
    1524 times
    Karma
    1106210
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

    Default

    I thought it was more violent than it really needed to be. I get just as much suspense without seeing someone stabbing herself in the eye, or a dog mashed to bits.

    It seems pretty unbelievable that these cult guys could've gone 2-3 years living a completely separate life without giving away anything, and planning for this. Seems like just about anyone can be a cult member to keep the story going.

    Kevin Bacon is really good. I also enjoy the little musical interludes during flashbacks or short sequences (I heard some Deftones, marilyn manson, etc).

    Question - when the head FBI girl handed Carroll the book at the end of the last episode, they both kind of smirked. Does that mean she's part of his "cult" too, or was she just smirking at how crazy he is..?

    I hope there is an endgame too, but enjoying it thus far.
    x-wingcamewest likes this.

  5. #5
    All Star x-wingcamewest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,577
    Liked
    3046 times
    Karma
    4325321
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm actually expecting the little puppy dog like, I wan to please everyone FBI young dude to play into this. But who knows.

  6. #6
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,114
    Liked
    7446 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Really? I take a few days off to mourn a love of my life and this is what happens? This show DOES NOT deserve it's own thread. AND, up till now, I was the only one singing it's praises. Whatever. Life is too short and things are less important than they used to be. Yeah, I like this show. I like Kevin Bacon on it. Purefoy is waiting to be a star...Fox is embracing the cable model by having a show with less than the full boat of NETWORK episodes. Well done Fox. This show plays out nicely as contained episodes with greater care towards the long con. I will tell you, Bacon is ONLY signed for the initial run. Which says that there is gonna be a dark pot at the end of the rainbow. Trite? Predictable? YUP. But damnitall the packaging is shiny. Nice use of the most overused song ever in Sweet Dreams(m.m. version) and last episode used Deftones House of Flies very nicely...complaints about violence for the sake of...VALID. The dog stuff was horrible. Nice touch with the 'the eye is connected by 7 muscles...I disconnected each one seperately'. It's a great start for a network show.

  7. #7
    All Star x-wingcamewest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,577
    Liked
    3046 times
    Karma
    4325321
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Really? I take a few days off to mourn a love of my life and this is what happens? This show DOES NOT deserve it's own thread. AND, up till now, I was the only one singing it's praises. Whatever. Life is too short and things are less important than they used to be. Yeah, I like this show. I like Kevin Bacon on it. Purefoy is waiting to be a star...Fox is embracing the cable model by having a show with less than the full boat of NETWORK episodes. Well done Fox. This show plays out nicely as contained episodes with greater care towards the long con. I will tell you, Bacon is ONLY signed for the initial run. Which says that there is gonna be a dark pot at the end of the rainbow. Trite? Predictable? YUP. But damnitall the packaging is shiny. Nice use of the most overused song ever in Sweet Dreams(m.m. version) and last episode used Deftones House of Flies very nicely...complaints about violence for the sake of...VALID. The dog stuff was horrible. Nice touch with the 'the eye is connected by 7 muscles...I disconnected each one seperately'. It's a great start for a network show.

    Sorry for your loss. Like I said, I couldn't find anything being discussed with an advanced search. I guess a mod needs to merge this and let it die.

  8. #8
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,114
    Liked
    7446 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x-wingcamewest View Post
    Sorry for your loss. Like I said, I couldn't find anything being discussed with an advanced search. I guess a mod needs to merge this and let it die.
    Thanks. No big deal. But where were you when I was the lone voice in the wilderness saying I loved this show??
    orpheus likes this.

  9. #9
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Thanks. No big deal. But where were you when I was the lone voice in the wilderness saying I loved this show??
    ...eh hem.

    Having said that, I totally missed the second one and need to catch up. Without doing any legwork myself, can someone tell me if they're showing it online like a lot of the networks are doing these days?

  10. #10
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,114
    Liked
    7446 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    ...eh hem.

    Having said that, I totally missed the second one and need to catch up. Without doing any legwork myself, can someone tell me if they're showing it online like a lot of the networks are doing these days?
    OOps...meant One of...sorry brother.
    SmytheKing likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84