Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1076
Like Tree601Likes

Thread: All Things:Fx

  1. #151
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,244
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    It's brilliant.

    C'mon: "I sat in gum"
    It's really funny... but it suffers from the same disease that Always Sunny does.

  2. #152
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,897
    Liked
    10903 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    It's really funny... but it suffers from the same disease that Always Sunny does.
    Please elaborate. Not because I disagree.

  3. #153
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,897
    Liked
    10903 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Man...American Horror Story was awesome last night. Finally...a pay-off. So creepy, especially the 'thing in the darkness' at the beginning. And hey...childbirth, what a beautiful thing...sheesh! Looking forward to the finale next week.
    I was pretty much going to say the same thing. I've been enjoying this show the whole time, but last night was high gear. The thing in the darkness... i LOVE that they let you see the face for a couple of seconds before it grabbed Tate instead of just going for the jump scare. I LOVE THAT THEY DID THAT.

    What could they possibly do with a second season of this?!

  4. #154
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,244
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    Please elaborate. Not because I disagree.
    I still haven't found a way to articulate it that I like but here's the gist....


    The shows are funny because the characters are funny... but the characters aren't really believable and the scenarios we see them in aren't believable either. So while I still laugh at it... it feels like a cheat.


    It's like those horrible Bill Engvall "here's your sign" bits where he makes up some totally bull**** story that involves people doing or saying things that nobody has ever done/said in order to deliver his punchline.

    It's the comedic version of the racism in Crash.
    adgy-san likes this.

  5. #155
    Concussed Villain Mondo Blando's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    8,264
    Liked
    1702 times
    Karma
    1396926
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1044 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    I still haven't found a way to articulate it that I like but here's the gist....


    The shows are funny because the characters are funny... but the characters aren't really believable and the scenarios we see them in aren't believable either. So while I still laugh at it... it feels like a cheat.


    It's like those horrible Bill Engvall "here's your sign" bits where he makes up some totally bull**** story that involves people doing or saying things that nobody has ever done/said in order to deliver his punchline.

    It's the comedic version of the racism in Crash.
    The thing about shows that drop the veneer of "reality" is that it allows them to create and dwell within the world they create. And I LOVE Philly and The League for that reason - they are limited in scope, but fully explore the boundaries of that world.

    I can't tell if its over-magnified or stripped down, but in essence they are shows about people who simply love hanging out with each other, have a distrust of those outside of the group, and love nothing more than getting over on each other - it's actually a fairly realistic concept, just in an absurd half hour comedy form.

  6. #156
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,244
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    The thing about shows that drop the veneer of "reality" is that it allows them to create and dwell within the world they create. And I LOVE Philly and The League for that reason - they are limited in scope, but fully explore the boundaries of that world.
    Oh stop it! Fully explore the boundaries of that world??? Enough... I'll listen to you tell everybody that Kopitar is a floater and that Brown has a brick in between his ears but I won't hear this nonsense.

  7. #157
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,026
    Liked
    5866 times
    Karma
    1602103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1247 Post(s)

    Default

    You actually both make good points. How's that for straddling a fence?

  8. #158
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,026
    Liked
    5866 times
    Karma
    1602103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1247 Post(s)

    Default

    BD Horror News - [TV Recap] 'American Horror Story' Episode 01.11

    Keep in mind that each season of the show focuses on a new group of people in a new situation, so once season one concludes, we will have seen the end of the group of ghosts . In some respects, this is really a series finale in terms on saying goodbye to the familiar and moving on to something new.
    Ok, well that question has been answered. Love the idea. Almost makes this a sort of anthology show. Also allows the creators to hand off to new writers and get different perspectives. Plus, a self contained story each season. May throw some people who like routine.
    Mondo Blando and adgy-san like this.

  9. #159
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,897
    Liked
    10903 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)

    Default

    That sounds much better, and I'll be glad not to have to see all of these characters again, except for Constance. Jessica Lange owns that ****.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  10. #160
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,244
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    You actually both make good points. How's that for straddling a fence?
    Yea but mine are legitimate.

Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28