Click Here!
Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1341
Like Tree2020Likes

Thread: All things: GAME OF THRONES

  1. #11
    3rd Line Role Player




    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    17 times
    Karma
    1035317
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default Any Game of Thrones fans?! Season two premiere tonight!

    I need to read the books. I'm thinking about reading them after the series is done because I like being constantly surprised and not knowing whats going to happen.

    That said, screw House Lannister!!

  2. #12
    All Star




    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,681
    Liked
    885 times
    Karma
    1915798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

    Default

    Love the Half Man

  3. #13
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,633
    Liked
    411 times
    Karma
    1574552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

    Default

    Wish there was more Tyrion in the episode, hope the rest of the season is better because I didn't really think the premiere was particularly good

  4. #14
    One Marmot, Two Cups darby's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,772
    Liked
    423 times
    Karma
    1089400
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Wish there was more Tyrion in the episode, hope the rest of the season is better because I didn't really think the premiere was particularly good
    You'll get your wish. There had to be a lot of set up just to get things moving again and introduce some of the new key players.



    Quote Originally Posted by Carrlyn View Post
    I need to read the books. I'm thinking about reading them after the series is done because I like being constantly surprised and not knowing whats going to happen.
    HBO's said they're committed to doing the series as long as he writes the books. And there are two more to come at least. I think book five came out... last year? And each book gets longer, so they may have to split a book or two into multiple seasons as it goes on.

    So in the end, the series is gonna have to be on for a loooong time. So you may just wanna read them after this season.


    "Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

  5. #15
    1st Scoring Line BigBrown's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Liked
    447 times
    Karma
    1085400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    Whetever, dudes. I'm posting here.


    House Lannister must burn (except for Tyrion. That dude's a keeper.)
    I don't know, Tywin is pretty damn cool.

    Was good to see the snooty Lord Baelish get a taste of reality, even if it was from a Lannister. Stannis seems like trouble. Tyrion's entrance as the Hand was glorious. Solid season opener.

  6. #16
    CalgaryKing chaingunsofdoom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,008
    Liked
    485 times
    Karma
    4047479
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)

    Default

    Good start last night. That meteor just sort of came from nowhere eh?

    If I am to understand without spoiling (since I haven't read the books) certain characters have had their stories fleshed-out this season when compared to the book.

    Also is Stannis' red-headed wife(?) the first magic user we've seen?

  7. #17
    1st Scoring Line BigBrown's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Liked
    447 times
    Karma
    1085400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

    Default

    I guess we'll just have to wait and see

    There definitely seemed to be something funky going on with her.

  8. #18
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,420
    Liked
    5319 times
    Karma
    1562103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1126 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carrlyn View Post
    I need to read the books. I'm thinking about reading them after the series is done because I like being constantly surprised and not knowing whats going to happen.

    That said, screw House Lannister!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Wish there was more Tyrion in the episode, hope the rest of the season is better because I didn't really think the premiere was particularly good
    Yeah, I was on the fence about reading the books too. The surprise/shock value is just as good if not better. And like Darby said, you will have to wait a loooooong time for this show to run it's course. I find myself almost looking forward to seeing the visual equivalent of what I have read more than if I was just waiting for the show itself.

    And Diehard, you better get used to the story being spread around. There are times in the books where major characters disappear for LARGE portions of time. The story is all about the different perspectives.

    Personally, I thought the premiere was as good as last season. The fact that they went to Malta/Croatia/etc and found these beautiful existing settings just really make it such a believable immersive world. Tremendous casting and acting along with all the costumes etc...It really is something special. The shot of the Kings Road at the end of the episode was pretty kickass. Just a great show and the season will be over far too soon. So, to sum up...read the books, don't get too fond of any character, and keep watching...cause **** is going to happen.
    Drunken Crunker likes this.

  9. #19
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    494
    Liked
    49 times
    Karma
    1025000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    You'll get your wish. There had to be a lot of set up just to get things moving again and introduce some of the new key players.




    HBO's said they're committed to doing the series as long as he writes the books. And there are two more to come at least. I think book five came out... last year? And each book gets longer, so they may have to split a book or two into multiple seasons as it goes on.

    So in the end, the series is gonna have to be on for a loooong time. So you may just wanna read them after this season.

    I'm sorry that I can't find the link on this.. but i'm wondering if anyone else remembers hearing/reading this... HBO said that the seasons probably won't exactly sync up with the books. Because they can only do 10 episodes a year, it sounded like, for instance, book 2 could bleed over into season 3 just because they won't have enough time to fit it in. The show films in too many different locations and all the effects that go into it mean that they only felt comfortable cranking out 10 a year.

    As for first episode i dug it. It's gotta be hard for a show like this since they have so many characters/locations. You really have to do the pseudo tour around just to reestablish who everyone is and where they are. I thought tho that the episode did a pretty good job of also beginning to set up what will happen. i imagine it will be far easier for them to get stuff going in episodes 2-5 than it was last season.

  10. #20
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,420
    Liked
    5319 times
    Karma
    1562103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1126 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
    I'm sorry that I can't find the link on this.. but i'm wondering if anyone else remembers hearing/reading this... HBO said that the seasons probably won't exactly sync up with the books. Because they can only do 10 episodes a year, it sounded like, for instance, book 2 could bleed over into season 3 just because they won't have enough time to fit it in. The show films in too many different locations and all the effects that go into it mean that they only felt comfortable cranking out 10 a year.

    As for first episode i dug it. It's gotta be hard for a show like this since they have so many characters/locations. You really have to do the pseudo tour around just to reestablish who everyone is and where they are. I thought tho that the episode did a pretty good job of also beginning to set up what will happen. i imagine it will be far easier for them to get stuff going in episodes 2-5 than it was last season.

    I think I had a link on the HBO thread that substantiated that. But yeah, besides that there are some books(#3 in particular) that, under the best of circumstances, are going to have to be split. I have not read anything since, but there should also be a link talking about how they wanted to have a fast turnaround on filming next season...as far as I know that is still in effect. I will try to dig stuff up and repost on here.

Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66