Page 23 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1362
Like Tree2045Likes

Thread: All things: GAME OF THRONES

  1. #221
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,546
    Liked
    1213 times
    Karma
    1020254
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah, decided to get the audio books after realizing that I have no time to read. I think hearing the audio while I'm working is a better option. Gonna start with book 1 tomorrow.
    notbob likes this.

  2. #222
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,579
    Liked
    1205 times
    Karma
    30740000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

    Default

    I have heard good things about the audio. Enjoy your expanded version, but it will be a tough choice when you finish up book two. I would almost say you should keep watching the show first if you like getting to see it on screen first, experiencing the surprises that way, and then getting the more detailed versions later from the books. The third book is the best, and thankfully the producers of the show are going to spend two seasons on it. I still think the first season could have benefitted from being 13 episodes long and the season season 20, but 10 episodes of HBO is miles better than a three hour movie or a cheap crappy syndicated show.
    Ecktore likes this.

  3. #223
    Over the rail! Fropitar's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,903
    Liked
    542 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    Yeah, decided to get the audio books after realizing that I have no time to read. I think hearing the audio while I'm working is a better option. Gonna start with book 1 tomorrow.
    Enjoy the audio. There are some sizable differences with Danearys and John Snow between the show and Books.

    Anyone else notice any changes made between TV and Book?
    Ecktore and Noble Savage like this.

  4. #224
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,546
    Liked
    1213 times
    Karma
    1020254
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheWest View Post
    I have heard good things about the audio. Enjoy your expanded version, but it will be a tough choice when you finish up book two. I would almost say you should keep watching the show first if you like getting to see it on screen first, experiencing the surprises that way, and then getting the more detailed versions later from the books. The third book is the best, and thankfully the producers of the show are going to spend two seasons on it. I still think the first season could have benefitted from being 13 episodes long and the season season 20, but 10 episodes of HBO is miles better than a three hour movie or a cheap crappy syndicated show.
    That's going to be a tough decision indeed. I'm enjoying the audio much much more than I expected. And after hearing that Book 3 is going to be split into 2 seasons, I'm not sure I can wait 2 years to get started on book 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fropitar View Post
    Enjoy the audio. There are some sizable differences with Danearys and John Snow between the show and Books.

    Anyone else notice any changes made between TV and Book?
    Yeah, quite a difference. For instance, I never knew WHY his last name was Snow, until the first few chapters of the book. I don't think it's fully explained in the show. Also the significance of the dead Dire Wolf in the woods when they found the pups. and another thing, I can't believe how young the characters really are.

  5. #225
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,816
    Liked
    6379 times
    Karma
    1657103
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1416 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    That's going to be a tough decision indeed. I'm enjoying the audio much much more than I expected. And after hearing that Book 3 is going to be split into 2 seasons, I'm not sure I can wait 2 years to get started on book 3.



    Yeah, quite a difference. For instance, I never knew WHY his last name was Snow, until the first few chapters of the book. I don't think it's fully explained in the show. Also the significance of the dead Dire Wolf in the woods when they found the pups. and another thing, I can't believe how young the characters really are.
    Yeah, you are ****ed son...you will be posting in the OTHER Thrones thread(SPOILERS/basically for the book readers) in no time. No possible way, once you start, that you can stop reading the books. I see it this way...I don't lose a thing knowing what happens going in. I get the gutpunch of seeing it in my mind(which is always stronger than any image on tv) and then I get to see them try to recreate that. Enjoy the books.
    Ecktore likes this.

  6. #226
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,816
    Liked
    6379 times
    Karma
    1657103
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1416 Post(s)

    Default

    here is the link to that other thread

    spoilers:Game of Thrones:The BOOKS...SPOILERS!!!!!!

    DO NOT go there until you are all the way through the books. There are MAJOR book only spoilers here. You have been warned.
    Ecktore and Drunken Crunker like this.

  7. #227
    Little Priest Noble Savage's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,260
    Liked
    340 times
    Karma
    1031400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

    Default

    Jon Snow STILL knows nothing. . .

  8. #228
    Over the rail! Fropitar's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,903
    Liked
    542 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Yeah, you are ****ed son...you will be posting in the OTHER Thrones thread(SPOILERS/basically for the book readers) in no time. No possible way, once you start, that you can stop reading the books. I see it this way...I don't lose a thing knowing what happens going in. I get the gutpunch of seeing it in my mind(which is always stronger than any image on tv) and then I get to see them try to recreate that. Enjoy the books.

    Agreed with the punch of the twists having a greater effect when reading over viewing.

    An example I can use without spoiling much is when Bran was pushed out of the window in the first book. I was FAR more invested in his character and it felt like such a huge blow. But when it happens in the show it feels they just blazed right by it. You also get more of a feeling of who the characters are, and their thought process. Including changes they go through. Stuff you can't really get on the show.

    I would really recommend reading ahead of the show.
    Last edited by Fropitar; August 2nd, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
    jerseydevil and Ecktore like this.

  9. #229
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,816
    Liked
    6379 times
    Karma
    1657103
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1416 Post(s)

    Default



    Gee thanks Batman!

  10. #230
    Selke Smooth notbob's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,724
    Liked
    5619 times
    Karma
    5654128
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    464 Post(s)
    jerseydevil likes this.
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27