Page 61 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1362
  1. #601
    I’m sicka the high hat!! santiclaws's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    14,997
    Liked
    14953 times
    Karma
    2116663
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    It's pretty much been conceded that it's Dany in most of the things I read. Shut up and take yer clothes off, it's nothing we haven't seen already. She wants to be known for her acting...well how about you tighten up that accent that threatens to get away from you every now and again. Tyrion is another one who needs to address his accent too. You can easily tell the British actors from the non.
    I was hoping it was Shae. The irony would be too delicious.

  2. #602
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,244
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm fine with Dany not getting naked anymore. I mean I'm not fine with it but.....

    when the show started she was vulnerable and unsure of herself so her almost constant nudity served to remind us of how fragile she was. Then the fire and the Dragons and her growing strength.

    I dunno.... gratuitous nudity is awesome but it's not why I love the show.

  3. #603
    1st Scoring Line BigBrown's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Liked
    514 times
    Karma
    1095400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

    Default

    Honestly there is so much nudity that I never had the chance to miss her being naked. Plenty of nice looking naked women to look at. I thought her nude scene in this last episode was a bit cheap, it didn't have much context to it other than it had been a while since she had been naked. Unlike her previous ones where it either helped show her vulnerability when partnered up with Drogo or she just stepped out of a fire carrying dragons. I guess maybe they wanted to show the contrast between her being naked and vulnerable in season one and how she now could be confident in a similar situation, but I'm honestly thinking they just wanted her to have another nude scene.

  4. #604
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,853
    Liked
    6392 times
    Karma
    1657103
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1419 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    I'm fine with Dany not getting naked anymore. I mean I'm not fine with it but.....

    when the show started she was vulnerable and unsure of herself so her almost constant nudity served to remind us of how fragile she was. Then the fire and the Dragons and her growing strength.

    I dunno.... gratuitous nudity is awesome but it's not why I love the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
    Honestly there is so much nudity that I never had the chance to miss her being naked. Plenty of nice looking naked women to look at. I thought her nude scene in this last episode was a bit cheap, it didn't have much context to it other than it had been a while since she had been naked. Unlike her previous ones where it either helped show her vulnerability when partnered up with Drogo or she just stepped out of a fire carrying dragons. I guess maybe they wanted to show the contrast between her being naked and vulnerable in season one and how she now could be confident in a similar situation, but I'm honestly thinking they just wanted her to have another nude scene.

    And here is the thing. Brownie gets the 2 points with the vulnerable/confident thing. So yes...it has context. In the books, at least in my opinion, Dany knows her sexuality is one of the tools she possesses. Her rising up out of that tub was her 'I will cower before no man' moment. so yes, it had great significance.

  5. #605
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,040
    Liked
    1139 times
    Karma
    1080000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    And here is the thing. Brownie gets the 2 points with the vulnerable/confident thing. So yes...it has context. In the books, at least in my opinion, Dany knows her sexuality is one of the tools she possesses. Her rising up out of that tub was her 'I will cower before no man' moment. so yes, it had great significance.
    That's what I thought as well. Especially clear with her standing there naked in front of him and waiting for her robe. It juxtaposed well with the first time when her brother was removing her dress or Conan was taking her clothes off. I mean, obviously different situations, but it definitely showed a woman who wasn't afraid of some random drifter seeing her body.

  6. #606
    I’m sicka the high hat!! santiclaws's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    14,997
    Liked
    14953 times
    Karma
    2116663
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    And here is the thing. Brownie gets the 2 points with the vulnerable/confident thing. So yes...it has context. In the books, at least in my opinion, Dany knows her sexuality is one of the tools she possesses. Her rising up out of that tub was her 'I will cower before no man' moment. so yes, it had great significance.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    That's what I thought as well. Especially clear with her standing there naked in front of him and waiting for her robe. It juxtaposed well with the first time when her brother was removing her dress or Conan was taking her clothes off. I mean, obviously different situations, but it definitely showed a woman who wasn't afraid of some random drifter seeing her body.
    I'm still going with the "Let's get the hot chick naked on the screen again and we can figure out why it was important to the plot later" theory.

  7. #607
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,040
    Liked
    1139 times
    Karma
    1080000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I'm still going with the "Let's get the hot chick naked on the screen again and we can figure out why it was important to the plot later" theory.
    It's a very sound and successful technique.

  8. #608
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,853
    Liked
    6392 times
    Karma
    1657103
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1419 Post(s)

    Default

    Boobs for the sake of titilation??? Preposterous, which is just south of Westeros...tip yer waitresses ladies and germs.

  9. #609
    Team Melf. Dexter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    5,905
    Liked
    1988 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah and for ****s sakes do something about the eyebrows!
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

    http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

  10. #610
    Dorkus Malorkus jom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,677
    Liked
    642 times
    Karma
    1121031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)

    Default

    Out of the first two seasons and only real nude scene I thought was a complete waste of time was that one with Baelish. Going on and on to his whore about how to have please their customers or whatever the hell it was. To me, there was a lot of other stuff that could have been done with the precious screen time. But...whatever.

    jom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •