Click Here!
Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1051
Like Tree1439Likes

Thread: All things: GAME OF THRONES

  1. #641
    Classic player VCRW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,399
    Liked
    8375 times
    Karma
    700463277
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1376 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
    Are we spoilerly talking about last night now that it has aired?

    If so, I hope I am not jumping ahead (since I haven't read the books), but did they kill the guy who got married? And I take it they killed ALL of the Stark army?
    I think that Tully was in on the massacre plot. That's why he got the little hottie to marry.
    nocturn likes this.

  2. #642
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,113
    Liked
    7445 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    I think the two Tullys are unnacounted for(Edmure and The Blackfish) so no spoilers from those who know. I assume there will be more post-Red Wedding coverage in the finale'. It's good to see the reax from you book virgins and I am glad that the scene I have been dreading since I read it has gone by the boards. It was tough and i get what you guys feel about loving characters to watch them suffer/die, but i always thought that was Martin's point. Too much fantasy has the good guys win thru adversity and the stakes really are dampened when you know no harm will come of them. The gutpunches as far as Stark-punishment are a reminder that sometimes life just ain't fair. When i read the books I went through the stages of grief and the frustration of the unfairness of it all. Does it get better? For some...Does it get worse? For some. Such is life in the seven Kingdoms.
    jom, Annapurna, gescom and 3 others like this.

  3. #643
    woundedwarriorproject.org Dexter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    5,507
    Liked
    2728 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah people,


    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

    http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

  4. #644
    devenir gris gescom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    33,435
    Liked
    3141 times
    Karma
    1252516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)

    Default

    DEATH to the Starks!

    well, except for Arya.

  5. #645
    devenir gris gescom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    33,435
    Liked
    3141 times
    Karma
    1252516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)

    Default

    by the way... it's the f***ng mom's fault anyway!

  6. #646
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,539
    Liked
    1520 times
    Karma
    1106210
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I think the two Tullys are unnacounted for(Edmure and The Blackfish) so no spoilers from those who know. I assume there will be more post-Red Wedding coverage in the finale'. It's good to see the reax from you book virgins and I am glad that the scene I have been dreading since I read it has gone by the boards. It was tough and i get what you guys feel about loving characters to watch them suffer/die, but i always thought that was Martin's point. Too much fantasy has the good guys win thru adversity and the stakes really are dampened when you know no harm will come of them. The gutpunches as far as Stark-punishment are a reminder that sometimes life just ain't fair. When i read the books I went through the stages of grief and the frustration of the unfairness of it all. Does it get better? For some...Does it get worse? For some. Such is life in the seven Kingdoms.
    but do you have to kill ALL the good guys?
    jerseydevil likes this.

  7. #647
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,539
    Liked
    1520 times
    Karma
    1106210
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    I think that Tully was in on the massacre plot. That's why he got the little hottie to marry.
    I didn't think so only because he looked like he was going to vomit when he saw the other daughters and feared who he'd get. He looked so surprised and happy when he saw his wife was a hottie....didn't seem like someone in on it, but who knows

  8. #648
    devenir gris gescom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    33,435
    Liked
    3141 times
    Karma
    1252516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    but do you have to kill ALL the good guys?
    WHO are the "good guys?"
    Dexter, jerseydevil, Watti and 1 others like this.

  9. #649
    woundedwarriorproject.org Dexter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    5,507
    Liked
    2728 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gescom View Post
    WHO are the "good guys?"
    Stannis and only Stannis of course.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

    http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

  10. #650
    Out of Hibernation Watti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,385
    Liked
    35 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Should have ended the episode with us thinking Arya was dead, too (as they did in the book. Axe to the head, not knowing who swung it and assuming the worst).

    Other than that....

Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83