Click Here!
Page 46 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1811
Like Tree1023Likes

Thread: All Things:Science Fiction/Fantasy

  1. #451
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,497
    Liked
    5421 times
    Karma
    1577103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1141 Post(s)

    Default

    i feel good about this...

  2. #452
    devenir gris gescom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    33,435
    Liked
    1884 times
    Karma
    1252516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    i feel good about this...

    you shouldn't... it's doc.

  3. #453
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,241
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gescom View Post
    you shouldn't... it's doc.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffffff.....

  4. #454
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,269
    Liked
    19398 times
    Karma
    105193176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I can honestly say that I have not had the same feelings for a movie since the original Star Wars trilogy.
    MAN am I glad to hear you say you enjoyed it!!!

    I've been thinking about this film since I saw it, and I have to say that the very thought quoted above crossed my mind as well. I think it WILL see sequels because, well ****, man...they made a sequel for that steaming piece of **** flop Ghost Rider, didn't they?

    I know that's not a logical assumption, but whatever. I've been recommending this one to everyone I know that might enjoy it. I'm going to see it again on Tuesday night, taking the daughter this time. I was just about her age when I saw Star Wars the first time, and I'm hoping I can instill a real love in her for this story the way I loved the original three Star Wars flicks. The stories are there for the taking from Edgar Rice Burrows...almost turn-key projects for Disney to continue the saga. If they don't do a sequel, it'll be incredibly disappointing.

    J'D, I'm going to drop your review of the movie onto FB (hope you don't mind), because I think it's a very well written one and I really want to get the word out about this movie. What Doc said is true...the advertising campaign sucked royal. Maybe word-of-mouth can carry this thing a bit farther?
    jerseydevil likes this.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  5. #455
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,497
    Liked
    5421 times
    Karma
    1577103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1141 Post(s)

    Default

    Not at all...I am honored. And I bought an omnibus version of Burroughs Mars stories last night. LOVE this movie.
    FBJ likes this.

  6. #456
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,779
    Liked
    10771 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    380 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    If you see it...and don't like it...it's because you don't want to. It's an extremely likeable movie. Beauty on screen...from the sets/fx/actors...If you don't like it, it says more about you than the movie.
    I haven't seen it yet, but... c'mon. Doesn't that work both ways? Couldn't someone have liked it just because they wanted to?

    After hearing the thoughts on it so far, I expect to enjoy it myself, but if the story really is as weak as some say, then what's the difference between this and Tron: Legacy?

  7. #457
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,787
    Liked
    1121 times
    Karma
    1177739
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    233 Post(s)

    Default

    $30.6m domestic over the weekend. Not the stellar # we thought might surprise us..

  8. #458
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,241
    Liked
    1366 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but... c'mon. Doesn't that work both ways? Couldn't someone have liked it just because they wanted to?

    After hearing the thoughts on it so far, I expect to enjoy it myself, but if the story really is as weak as some say, then what's the difference between this and Tron: Legacy?

    Good points.

    I'm back to not seeing it.

  9. #459
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,497
    Liked
    5421 times
    Karma
    1577103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1141 Post(s)

    Default

    Condemning this for having a simple story is the same as condemning the original Star Wars for the same thing. It's what you do with the story that counts. And please, stop trying to justify Tron 2 as anything more than a pretty light show.

  10. #460
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,497
    Liked
    5421 times
    Karma
    1577103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1141 Post(s)

Page 46 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66