Click Here!
Page 194 of 242 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2415
Like Tree1176Likes

Thread: All Things: TELEVISON

  1. #1931
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,448
    Liked
    5366 times
    Karma
    1572103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1134 Post(s)

    Default

    Black Sails was pretty cool. Pirate politics/economics AND ample nudity/girl on girl action and solid violence. Looks terrific too. $$$$ up on the screen. Acting was better than expected.

  2. #1932
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,778
    Liked
    1108 times
    Karma
    1177739
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

    Default All Things: TELEVISON

    Who watched the opener for king of the nerds last week?

    There some SOLID cast members this go around
    jerseydevil likes this.

  3. #1933
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,448
    Liked
    5366 times
    Karma
    1572103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1134 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Who watched the opener for king of the nerds last week?

    There some SOLID cast members this go around
    Ok. I'm in. But unlike last year, they did NOT try to get anything resembling a hottie. OOOOfa these are soem ass ugly nerds. The credentials are definitely bumped up, I never knew there were so many rocket scientists. That one girl HAD to GO. Not sure what the eff, but she could speak what 10 languages but she spoke English with an accent I have NEVER heard before. Like she was the love child of a pixie and a space troglodyte. It was hurting my ears.

    Did you watch Black Sails???? It was pretty solid with a chance to be really good. For Michael Bay, very understated and almost too talky and it looks magnificent. Might just be 'cause Neil Marshall(Blackwater) directed but I moved this one up a few spots on the when to watch list.

  4. #1934
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,778
    Liked
    1108 times
    Karma
    1177739
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Who watched the opener for king of the nerds last week?

    There some SOLID cast members this go around
    Ok. I'm in. But unlike last year, they did NOT try to get anything resembling a hottie. OOOOfa these are soem ass ugly nerds. The credentials are definitely bumped up, I never knew there were so many rocket scientists. That one girl HAD to GO. Not sure what the eff, but she could speak what 10 languages but she spoke English with an accent I have NEVER heard before. Like she was the love child of a pixie and a space troglodyte. It was hurting my ears.

    Did you watch Black Sails???? It was pretty solid with a chance to be really good. For Michael Bay, very understated and almost too talky and it looks magnificent. Might just be 'cause Neil Marshall(Blackwater) directed but I moved this one up a few spots on the when to watch list.
    I thought the eliminated blond girl was the hotty (at least of that group). Didn't think she'd be let go so early but didn't have much to offer otherwise. (And not much at that)

    I had to watch black sails twice and I think I'm still confused. I get the general "need the missing page to find the loot" idea, but trying to figure out who everyone is still. This sure ain't your daddy's pirates show.

    Agreed on the too talky. Probably could've shaved 15+ minutes off the episode.

    Still reluctant to get involved when Michael bay is around
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; January 27th, 2014 at 09:02 PM.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  5. #1935
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,448
    Liked
    5366 times
    Karma
    1572103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1134 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I thought the eliminated blond girl was the hotty (at least of that group). Didn't think she'd be let go so early but didn't have much to offer otherwise. (And not much at that)

    I had to watch black sails twice and I think I'm still confused. I get the general "need the missing page to find the loot" idea, but trying to figure out who everyone is still. This sure ain't your daddy's pirates show.

    Agreed on the too talky. Probably could've shaved 15+ minutes off the episode.

    Still reluctant to get involved when Michael bay is around
    I wound up dozing to This is the End(which you were wrong on) and waking up multiple times to Black Sails. The more I watched the more I liked. Lot to offer. I thought it was fairly clear who all parties were...but I have weird focus/a.d.d.. I thought it was smater than it needed to be(at times) while keeping the bodice ripping 'Tales of Ribaldry' stuff to a minimum. All the players looked the part, and were distinct at the same time. I know they are pumping the Michael Bay association like crazy, but try not to hold it against this. We shall see what the future holds, but that was a damned fine looking first episode.

  6. #1936
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,441
    Liked
    1038 times
    Karma
    29131553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)

    Default

    As weak as this season of How I Met Doogie has been in general, tonight's episode just nailed it, even if a ukulele was prominently involved. All the callbacks were brilliant and the returning guests were great, but it was the emotional aspects that really killed it. It also helps for credibility's sake when they make the mother as big a dork as Ted. Does she have a name yet?

    I wish my DVR were not so full or I would try that nerd show. At least I'm not wasting space on The Following. Hearing radio commercials declaring that "Ryan Harding is the Jack Bauer of horror", I don't know whether to laugh or beat my head against my desk.

  7. #1937
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,778
    Liked
    1108 times
    Karma
    1177739
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I wound up dozing to This is the End(which you were wrong on) and waking up multiple times to Black Sails. The more I watched the more I liked. Lot to offer. I thought it was fairly clear who all parties were...but I have weird focus/a.d.d.. I thought it was smater than it needed to be(at times) while keeping the bodice ripping 'Tales of Ribaldry' stuff to a minimum. All the players looked the part, and were distinct at the same time. I know they are pumping the Michael Bay association like crazy, but try not to hold it against this. We shall see what the future holds, but that was a damned fine looking first episode.
    I typically am very slow. It goes without saying. Yes I will say the acting on black sails was very good. Not sure how to describe it, but the guy who stole the paper and is trying to sell it with the girl who goes both ways (see, I'm slow) - something about him seems too....poppy or fresh for the part. Still early though. Otherwise like the cast a lot. The duel was fairly brutal.

    and one more King of the Nerds re-hash. Just give this guy a shot:

    Last edited by ucsdguy1; January 28th, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  8. #1938
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,448
    Liked
    5366 times
    Karma
    1572103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1134 Post(s)

    Default

    Dude IS a Hobbit.

    Yeah, agree with you on the one guy...I think he said his name was John Silver or some nice Easter Egg like that. His teeth are a little too white. They didn't brush their teeth. I do like the general level of filth on the characters. It's the balmy Bahamas with questionable hygiene. They oughtta look smelly. Really liked the first mate(?) who was doing everything he could to save the Captain. I am a sucker for Pirates and I just really thought it was well done.

  9. #1939
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,715
    Liked
    10669 times
    Karma
    1169100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

    Default

    I was pretty pleased with Black Sails. A little hard to follow at times, but I got the general gist and I just thought it looked great. Definitely going to stick with it for now and see how it goes.

    The Blackbeard gag was pretty funny.

  10. #1940
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,715
    Liked
    10669 times
    Karma
    1169100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice Meaty Trailer For Hannibal Series 2 - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors



    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I understand that the premiere episode of series 2 is a stonker and ends on an image we’ll all be talking about for weeks, if not years.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jerseydevil likes this.

Page 194 of 242 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. June 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66