Page 228 of 257 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2565
Like Tree1282Likes

Thread: All Things: TELEVISON

  1. #2271
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,351
    Liked
    6088 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1314 Post(s)

    Default

    Fox Fall 2014 Schedule Released; BROOKLYN NINE-NIN Moves to Sundays

    Interesting, Fox is seemingly moving out of the Animation Domination business. With the cancellation of Dads, are they starting to get out of the McFarland business too?

    Pairing Gotham with Sleepy Hollow...that's solid. They will OWN Mondays.
    LetTigerIn and mmmcammy like this.

  2. #2272
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,827
    Liked
    1076 times
    Karma
    1384497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Is it possible for something to look expensive AND cheap at the same time? Seems like they got a LOT of Constantine right but I can't help but think this looks like another Grimm, where it's the same sorta story grinding gears till you just give up.
    I'm with you on the look. While TV shows — even expensive ones, and this one probably is not high on the food chain — either frequently or eventually bump into the limitations of their budget and schedule when it comes to polish, the real disappointment in the footage here is that the overall look is so pedestrian. This is a show that not only could withstand a severe visual style, it practically demands it. The pilot, apparently, is directed by Neil Marshall, who did The Descent (and, apparently a couple of Black Sails and Game of Thrones episodes, too), so gutsy visuals are certainly within his purview. It's both possible and probable that the look of the show will evolve, perhaps even before air date. I will still give this a chance, of course.

    And, of course, the other bummer is I still don't know how they will pronounce his name in the show yet.
    adgy-san and jerseydevil like this.

  3. #2273
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,351
    Liked
    6088 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1314 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    I'm with you on the look. While TV shows — even expensive ones, and this one probably is not high on the food chain — either frequently or eventually bump into the limitations of their budget and schedule when it comes to polish, the real disappointment in the footage here is that the overall look is so pedestrian. This is a show that not only could withstand a severe visual style, it practically demands it. The pilot, apparently, is directed by Neil Marshall, who did The Descent (and, apparently a couple of Black Sails and Game of Thrones episodes, too), so gutsy visuals are certainly within his purview. It's both possible and probable that the look of the show will evolve, perhaps even before air date. I will still give this a chance, of course.

    And, of course, the other bummer is I still don't know how they will pronounce his name in the show yet.
    Oh, given his prior TV work that you mentioned I GUARANTEE, the pilot/initial episode will be spectacular. After that though is where I worry. Very weird to see so many genre folks(Marshall/David Slade((who I think is showrunning as well as directing episodes of Hannibal)), and Vincenzo Natali((who also directs eps of Hannibal))) getting heavily involved in tv, but it's a good thing. Like on Penny Dreadful, they had J.A.Bayona(the Orphanage) direct the first 2 episodes, and the first episode was as 'cinematic' as it gets.
    LetTigerIn likes this.

  4. #2274
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,827
    Liked
    1076 times
    Karma
    1384497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    adgy-san and jerseydevil like this.

  5. #2275
    Selke Smooth notbob's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,638
    Liked
    5332 times
    Karma
    5624128
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    434 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Fox Fall 2014 Schedule Released; BROOKLYN NINE-NIN Moves to Sundays

    Interesting, Fox is seemingly moving out of the Animation Domination business. With the cancellation of Dads, are they starting to get out of the McFarland business too?

    Pairing Gotham with Sleepy Hollow...that's solid. They will OWN Mondays.
    I might stop watching sleepy hollow out of spite for cancelling almost human and dads
    jerseydevil and LetTigerIn like this.
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

  6. #2276
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,827
    Liked
    1076 times
    Karma
    1384497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    I might stop watching sleepy hollow out of spite for cancelling almost human and dads
    They should have combined them instead into Almost Human Dads.
    adgy-san, jerseydevil and notbob like this.

  7. #2277
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,351
    Liked
    6088 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1314 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    They should have combined them instead into Almost Human Dads.
    Call me crazy...i'd watch that.
    notbob and LetTigerIn like this.

  8. #2278
    Selke Smooth notbob's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,638
    Liked
    5332 times
    Karma
    5624128
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    434 Post(s)
    LetTigerIn likes this.
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

  9. #2279
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,351
    Liked
    6088 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1314 Post(s)
    TooCool, notbob and LetTigerIn like this.

  10. #2280
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,002
    Liked
    10981 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    430 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    CONSTANTINE Trailer. NBC's CONSTANTINE Adapted from the DC Comic



    Is it possible for something to look expensive AND cheap at the same time? Seems like they got a LOT of Constantine right but I can't help but think this looks like another Grimm, where it's the same sorta story grinding gears till you just give up.

    NBC 2014 TV Schedule Unveiled; CONSTANTINE to Air Fridays

    And it'll be on Fridays, so that'll likely kill it in one.
    There are some really awesome bits in this.

    And then some really not awesome bits.
    LetTigerIn likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. June 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66