Page 229 of 257 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2564
Like Tree1282Likes

Thread: All Things: TELEVISON

  1. #2281
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,002
    Liked
    10980 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    428 Post(s)

    Default

    An interesting choice. Not my favorite, but I have a good feeling about it. Of all the current correspondents, I think he's maybe the most obviously likely to do something that isn't just The Daily Show Pt. 2.
    notbob and LetTigerIn like this.

  2. #2282
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,340
    Liked
    6081 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1313 Post(s)

    Default

    Man, Hannibal is in a slump. Struggled with the 2nd episode in a row. Just cannot buy Will and Hannibal looking into each others tear swollen eyes and having 'My Dinner with Andre' melodrama. And Dr. Bloom coming to the crime scene and dressing down Will(through profiling) while everyone looks on was another misstep. How clueless is Jack?

  3. #2283
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,340
    Liked
    6081 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1313 Post(s)
    ucsdguy1 likes this.

  4. #2284
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,002
    Liked
    10980 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    428 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Man, Hannibal is in a slump. Struggled with the 2nd episode in a row. Just cannot buy Will and Hannibal looking into each others tear swollen eyes and having 'My Dinner with Andre' melodrama. And Dr. Bloom coming to the crime scene and dressing down Will(through profiling) while everyone looks on was another misstep. How clueless is Jack?
    The most recent episode? I don't want to say anything if you haven't seen it.

    I thought the second half, last 1/4 of the most recent one was reeeeeeeally good, but NOT. ENOUGH. HANNIBAL.

  5. #2285
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,340
    Liked
    6081 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1313 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    The most recent episode? I don't want to say anything if you haven't seen it.

    I thought the second half, last 1/4 of the most recent one was reeeeeeeally good, but NOT. ENOUGH. HANNIBAL.
    I'll confess, I haven't made it past the initial 40 minutes or so. Too many things irritating(Pitt's out-of-place/Over-the-top Verger, The songbird meal, everyone staring at each other with welling eyes while the same damned dischordant music plays in the background) things. Maybe I have lost my taste for it. It just feels ridiculous at times and repetetive at others. I don't buy the conceit that Will has embraced his inner Hannibal and I keep waiting for them to pull the 'reveal' where Freddie Lounds appears...and like Sherlock faking his own death, I don't know how they are gonna sell it, but I ain't buying it. And if Will has become what he hates then, for me, the show has really lost it's moral center. It was a very delicate balance before with Will representing 'good'. If he is no longer on that side of the scales the whole thing tips for me. If anything, there isn't enough everyone else. I like the forensic guys...and Fishburne...and in my opinion the absence of Beverly is huge. As well as Chilton/Gideon. TOO MUCH Hannibal. When they show him so much it really makes it hard to believe that nobody thinks this guy is a full fledged weirdo whose cabinets and crawlspaces NEED to be checked.

  6. #2286
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,002
    Liked
    10980 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    428 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I'll confess, I haven't made it past the initial 40 minutes or so. Too many things irritating(Pitt's out-of-place/Over-the-top Verger, The songbird meal, everyone staring at each other with welling eyes while the same damned dischordant music plays in the background) things. Maybe I have lost my taste for it. It just feels ridiculous at times and repetetive at others. I don't buy the conceit that Will has embraced his inner Hannibal and I keep waiting for them to pull the 'reveal' where Freddie Lounds appears...and like Sherlock faking his own death, I don't know how they are gonna sell it, but I ain't buying it. And if Will has become what he hates then, for me, the show has really lost it's moral center. It was a very delicate balance before with Will representing 'good'. If he is no longer on that side of the scales the whole thing tips for me. If anything, there isn't enough everyone else. I like the forensic guys...and Fishburne...and in my opinion the absence of Beverly is huge. As well as Chilton/Gideon. TOO MUCH Hannibal. When they show him so much it really makes it hard to believe that nobody thinks this guy is a full fledged weirdo whose cabinets and crawlspaces NEED to be checked.
    Ok, finish the episode and then come back because things may be different.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  7. #2287
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,340
    Liked
    6081 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1313 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    Ok, finish the episode and then come back because things may be different.
    will do. now I am excited!!!!!!

  8. #2288
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,002
    Liked
    10980 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    428 Post(s)

    Default

    Well, I hope I'm not building it up, but I was pleased.

  9. #2289
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,521
    Liked
    1097 times
    Karma
    29136553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

    Default

    Blacklist: (spoilers)

    Is it just too obvious for Lizzie's father to really be psycho one-handed Russian? He had a daughter, and those could have been anyone's parts that were being given to him in prison. If Lizzie's husband is still alive, since we didn't see him die on screen, I am going to be very annoyed, even if it was stupid how he died.

  10. #2290
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,340
    Liked
    6081 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1313 Post(s)

    Default

    [TV] Preview the "Hannibal" Season Finale! -

    Ok Adgy...things took a turn for the better in the last 1/4 of last last weeks ep(haven't watched this weeks yet)...
    adgy-san likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. June 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28