Click Here!
Page 235 of 242 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2413
Like Tree1175Likes

Thread: All Things: TELEVISON

  1. #2341
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,731
    Liked
    940 times
    Karma
    1364497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)

    Default

    I got home yesterday, and watched my recording of Rising Star. (If you're wondering, sorry, not going to explain further in this message).

    Anyway, I was immediately put off by the hyperbole. "We're going to do something that has never been done before!" Sorry, nope. "We have the best celebrity panel!" Sorry, they're okay, but, nope.

    If that's not enough, Josh Groban reports that even though USA drew with Portugal in their match earlier that day, the USA is still through to the elimination round. Uhhhhhhhh... no, they are not yet.

    Who is writing this thing? I hate them.

  2. #2342
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,501
    Liked
    4806 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1339 Post(s)

    Default

    24 is so damn good this season but the ratings are low for 24 standards. Damn you people.
    LetTigerIn likes this.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  3. #2343
    Resident Cynic




    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,935
    Liked
    2210 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    I got home yesterday, and watched my recording of Rising Star. (If you're wondering, sorry, not going to explain further in this message).

    Anyway, I was immediately put off by the hyperbole. "We're going to do something that has never been done before!" Sorry, nope. "We have the best celebrity panel!" Sorry, they're okay, but, nope.

    If that's not enough, Josh Groban reports that even though USA drew with Portugal in their match earlier that day, the USA is still through to the elimination round. Uhhhhhhhh... no, they are not yet.

    Who is writing this thing? I hate them.
    I tried to watch it but too many people with punchable faces spouting nonsense(Keisha) so I lasted 8 minutes to be exact.
    LetTigerIn likes this.

  4. #2344
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,731
    Liked
    940 times
    Karma
    1364497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    24 is so damn good this season but the ratings are low for 24 standards. Damn you people.
    I'm doing my part. It's got my business.
    TooCool likes this.

  5. #2345
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,731
    Liked
    940 times
    Karma
    1364497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon0 View Post
    I tried to watch it but too many people with punchable faces spouting nonsense(Keisha) so I lasted 8 minutes to be exact.
    I like Ke$ha. Not her music, so much, but I appreciate that she writes a lot of it, and writes for others. But apparently she's also a math nerd. That, I can dig.

    This show, though, not so much. You missed nothing. The contestants are not so great so far.

  6. #2346
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,415
    Liked
    5314 times
    Karma
    1562103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1125 Post(s)

    Default

    No offense, but I am so glad I don't even know what Rising Star is.

  7. #2347
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,668
    Liked
    10631 times
    Karma
    1164100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    LetTigerIn likes this.

  8. #2348
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,431
    Liked
    1028 times
    Karma
    29131553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

    Default

    24 is fantastic and I am mystified why the ratings are not better. Good to see Michael Wincott is still around - he was so good in The Crow and all he ever did after that was show up in a bad Eddie Murphy cop movie and one of the Aliens that never happened. A little puzzled why there was not even a hint of future repercussions for Jack throwing a handcuffed Catelyn out the window (even though I was cheering in my head when it happened). Lots of credit to FOX for having their promos continuing the misdirect of the previous episode instead of spoiling it like most network promos would.

    I'm probably the only one here erudite and sophisticated enough to watch Big Brother, but my God. Over the last five plus years, CBS has been going out of their way to cast some of the most annoying and abhorrent people they can find on BB, Survivor, and the Amazing Race, but this time they have truly outdone themselves. I have never detested a cast like this. If I ignore how impressed the huge baseball guy is with himself (ummm, no dude, no one is mistaking you for Dwayne Johnson) and the just-a-little-too-much of the blonde girl's weirdness, I guess I can root for them. I really hope the contestants who have yet to appear (I am 45 minutes in) are less repellant.

    Also, if the contestants only had an hour to pack after the staged scene where they are surprised to find their key even though a cameraman is standing right next to them filming it, how did the rock climbing girl find time to uglify herself with that spray tan and curl job?

    Fargo continues to be brilliant.
    TooCool likes this.

  9. #2349
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,501
    Liked
    4806 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1339 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheWest View Post
    A little puzzled why there was not even a hint of future repercussions for Jack throwing a handcuffed Catelyn out the window (even though I was cheering in my head when it happened). Lots of credit to FOX for having their promos continuing the misdirect of the previous episode instead of spoiling it like most network promos would.
    That was a really bad ass moment from Jack the way he just killed Margot. It may seem like an oversight but I think the reason why Jack wouldn't have future reprecussions is because he can just say she "slipped" or that she tried to kill him when he was trying to stop the last drone and he had no other choice. Plus, she just tried to kill Heller 30 minutes ago, so I'm sure everyone can look the other way.
    KingInTheWest likes this.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  10. #2350
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,431
    Liked
    1028 times
    Karma
    29131553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    That was a really bad ass moment from Jack the way he just killed Margot. It may seem like an oversight but I think the reason why Jack wouldn't have future reprecussions is because he can just say she "slipped" or that she tried to kill him when he was trying to stop the last drone and he had no other choice. Plus, she just tried to kill Heller 30 minutes ago, so I'm sure everyone can look the other way.
    They could have him throw her out without even having handcuffed her, or have him ziptie her (it may have been a ziptie anyway) so he could easily slice them off before giving her a push. It would be odd for the show to make it clear that she was cuffed and then not have anything come of that.

    CBS managed to contain themselves and only include three awful people in the second octet of BB contestants. Three of the others I actually like so far. And then there is a girl that I am fairly sure used to be a man. It would be awesome if these shows could pick some rules and stick with them for a few years. It seems to work for most sports leagues. Or who knows, maybe the NBA will add a loser's bracket where the winner can come back into the playoffs for the conference finals and the NFL can have a fan vote so the Cowboys can actually make the playoffs.

Page 235 of 242 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. June 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28