The Top 5 books I Read This Year
Note: These books didn't necessarily come out this year.
1. "Is That a Fish in Your Ear? Translation and the Meaning of Everything" by David Bellos
2. "The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives" by Leonard Mlodinow
3. "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain
4. "Cheap: The High Cost of Discount Culture" by Ellen Ruppel Shell
5. "I, Fatty" by Jerry Stahl
I didn't read nearly as many books this year as I usually do, but there's always next year. ;)
How'd you like Quiet? It's been on my to-read list for a while now.
Originally Posted by orpheus
Top 12 for 2012 - in no order
Lucero - Women and Work
The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten
Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
Deftones - No Koi Yokan
The Ghost Inside - Get What You Give
Glass Cloud - The Royal Thousand
Gallows - S/T
Such Gold - Misadventures
Baroness - Yellow & Green
No Bragging Rights - Cycles
Teenage Bottlerocket - Freak Out!
Stick To Your Guns - Diamond
Bouncing Souls - Comet
Luther - Lets Get You Somewhere Else
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist
Pinback - Information Retrieved
Less Than Jake - Greetings & Salutations
State Champs - Overslept ep
Forever Came Calling - Contender
Peace'd Out - S/T ep
I enjoyed it an as an introvert, I could relate to a good amount of what was said in the book. I've gotten to the point that I could fake extroversion in certain situations in order to function, and the whole process of introverts attempting to adapt to social situations is a major theme of the book.
Originally Posted by Salty Dog
Hey Adgy...why no best of from you son????