Click Here!
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 194
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse-We Hardly Knew Ye

  1. #161
    THHHHHTTPD!!!! Bandit's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    15,067
    Liked
    85 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoalJunkie View Post
    Ill be honest, talent or not. She got exactly what she was asking for. I dont feel its tragic or waste or whatever when someone is in control of their own destiny and this is how they choose to live/be remembered. The only thing that is truly wasted are the feelings people invested into her.
    Nothin' but... rim.
    The Original Pancake Hater

  2. #162
    3rd Line Role Player GoalJunkie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    42 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Nothin' but... rim.
    Weird fetish you have there, but ok...

    Another one huh? You don't agree with me so i must be wrong...
    Last edited by GoalJunkie; July 25th, 2011 at 03:51 PM.

  3. #163
    3rd Line Role Player GoalJunkie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    42 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    For all you that dont agree this sums up everything im trying to say... The Amy Winehouse "Tragedy" ?

  4. #164
    Part IV. A new begining.. empire's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    8,269
    Liked
    19451 times
    Karma
    1348916
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoalJunkie View Post
    For all you that dont agree this sums up everything im trying to say... The Amy Winehouse "Tragedy" ?
    Sad.....


    "Amy was about one thing and that was love. Her whole life was devoted to her family and her friends and to you guys as well," Mitch Winehouse told fans gathered in Camden Square.

  5. #165
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,123
    Liked
    7452 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    The things you are describing are symptoms of an altogether different ailment.

    Self-medication, whether it be heroin, jogging, ice cream, hoarding, its all the same. There are numerous factors that frame and define the self-medicating "drug" of choice - some socially acceptable, some not, but the underlying reasoning is still the same.

    You have a hole, you subconciously, and sometimes conciously as well, feel an uncontrollable need to fill it. Your social circumstances, desires, interests, upbringing - all kinds of things - help determine the method you choose to try and control your own healing process.

    And thats not even discussing those who are aware of the need and cruelly deny themselves help because of self-destructive tendancies that are very much the same method of control. It's the opposite end of the spectrum - denying yourself the help you know you need is very much the same as going out of your way to seek treatment - it's about self ownership and control, for good or bad.

    It really is interesting that you can read so many strongly argued, but naive viewpoints on subjects like these. Unless it is something that enters your life in one manner or another, its unlikely that you will have the reason to go beyond face value knowledge. But why be so dead certain about it and chose to argue with those who have more in depth and personally experienced first hand understanding?

    Not all opinions are worth the same.

    This thread alone shows why it is so difficult for people with this issue to seek and find proper treatment - the social stigma of mental disease and its manifistation in "illegal" drugs are so blatantly and widely misunderstood that it makes the subject a taboo. It's so difficult to change the public outlook because the immediate drug angle is cause enough to reduce the significance of the disease. It's allowed to obscure the real issue, and the mentality of those not familiar with root cause frankly don't care enough to go beyond their initial naive reaction.
    I just wanted to repost this so you folks could read it. This should have been the last post.

  6. #166
    All Star




    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,550
    Liked
    119 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I am abstaining from this thread because I clearly have a different opinion and I still respect others and don't see others as being wrong even if it differs.


    I will point out however, that I do think it's funny that the LGK "elite" transcend many threads, and in all of them...seemingly declare themselves to be in the "right"....


    just sayin Carry on.

  7. #167
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,123
    Liked
    7452 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaygokings! View Post
    I am abstaining from this thread because I clearly have a different opinion and I still respect others and don't see others as being wrong even if it differs.


    I will point out however, that I do think it's funny that the LGK "elite" transcend many threads, and in all of them...seemingly declare themselves to be in the "right"....


    just sayin Carry on.
    That seems a little snarky. First off, to abstain...means to not say anything. And if you have learned nothing else from a message board if you are going to post...YOU BETTER BELIEVE what you are saying is right. If you have an alernate opinion, YOU BETTER BELIEVE in yourself enough to argue your point.

    Just saying.

  8. #168
    All Star




    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,550
    Liked
    119 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    That seems a little snarky. First off, to abstain...means to not say anything. And if you have learned nothing else from a message board if you are going to post...YOU BETTER BELIEVE what you are saying is right. If you have an alernate opinion, YOU BETTER BELIEVE in yourself enough to argue your point.

    Just saying.
    From here on out I do abstain. I don't want to mince opinions with anyone. It IS a sensitive subject and to each their own. I don't want to upset anyone in here basically because I get the feeling there are people talking from experience and that is a very personal battle and experience i would rather not devalue with my own opinions.

  9. #169
    Concussed Villain Mondo Blando's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,963
    Liked
    2603 times
    Karma
    1256346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    733 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaygokings! View Post
    I am abstaining from this thread because I clearly have a different opinion and I still respect others and don't see others as being wrong even if it differs.


    I will point out however, that I do think it's funny that the LGK "elite" transcend many threads, and in all of them...seemingly declare themselves to be in the "right"....


    just sayin Carry on.


    ?????

  10. #170
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,123
    Liked
    7452 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaygokings! View Post
    From here on out I do abstain. I don't want to mince opinions with anyone. It IS a sensitive subject and to each their own. I don't want to upset anyone in here basically because I get the feeling there are people talking from experience and that is a very personal battle and experience i would rather not devalue with my own opinions.
    True...and fair enough.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28