Click Here!
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 194
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse-We Hardly Knew Ye

  1. #51
    Team LGK Cross Traffic's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,861
    Liked
    400 times
    Karma
    1162300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

    Default

    Almost 100 people are murdered by some nutcase in Norway, yet a trailer trash skank gets all the press.

  2. #52
    about to burst apart Goallum's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,811
    Liked
    317 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Traffic View Post
    Almost 100 people are murdered by some nutcase in Norway, yet a trailer trash skank gets all the press.
    What does one have to do with another?

    And if you want to have completely proportional coverage, what about these people: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...da09c28522190f ? Or do you only care about white people getting killed?
    Last edited by Goallum; July 23rd, 2011 at 10:55 PM.

  3. #53
    fantastic hair. lunchbox's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,486
    Liked
    1259 times
    Karma
    1125100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

    Default

    wow. we had a super late night last night so my little family woke up at almost noon today and the first thing my husband tells me after looking at his phone was "amy winehouse is dead". what a rude awakening. i WAS surprised, only because i honestly thought if she hadn't gone earlier, she might just be the female keith richards. i was pretty bummed. spun her record on my car ride up to ventura and wore my amy winehouse/fred perry dress for an occasion i was already going to.

    you know, it's already been said before in this thread, but there are plenty of intelligent, artistic individuals who get caught up in the grips of some really bad addictions. it's just been really unfortunate for her that she's had all of it captured by the paparazzi so most of you (and the general public) just know her for the s*** that gets slung in the tabloids than her actual musical talent.

    RIP.

    ps.
    here's a good story from a source that is a bit more credible than the tmz everyone just loves to hate and hates to love.
    http://news.yahoo.com/amy-winehouse-...234836700.html

    Someone who could satirize others as brilliantly as that never should have become so easily parodiable herself. And the devastation in her songs should never have become increasingly self-fulfilling schtick. We've lost a great artist, not a caricature.
    Last edited by lunchbox; July 24th, 2011 at 02:20 AM.
    Goallum, RockPile and Off2NvrLnd like this.

  4. #54
    Pumping Chicks Dave's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,122
    Liked
    175 times
    Karma
    1010300
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    wow. we had a super late night last night so my little family woke up at almost noon today and the first thing my husband tells me after looking at his phone was "amy winehouse is dead". what a rude awakening. i WAS surprised, only because i honestly thought if she hadn't gone earlier, she might just be the female keith richards. i was pretty bummed. spun her record on my car ride up to ventura and wore my amy winehouse/fred perry dress for an occasion i was already going to.

    you know, it's already been said before in this thread, but there are plenty of intelligent, artistic individuals who get caught up in the grips of some really bad addictions. it's just been really unfortunate for her that she's had all of it captured by the paparazzi so most of you (and the general public) just know her for the s*** that gets slung in the tabloids than her actual musical talent.

    RIP.

    ps.
    here's a good story from a source that is a bit more credible than the tmz everyone just loves to hate and hates to love.
    Amy Winehouse: "I'll be dead in a ditch, on fire" - Yahoo! News
    You dress is a collectors item now.

  5. #55
    2nd Scoring Line DiscoHoDown's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    445
    Liked
    72 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    The news got 'broke' at the Family Guy panel @ SDCC...with a joke that was, in really poor taste...but still funny. The sense of shock was silly. Look, this lady outlived her lifespan. Is anyone surprised? Really???? Actually, her living as long as she did was the real shock. I feel sorry for her. She isn't dead 48 hours and she really will be just a punchline. She had family who loved her. Try to remember that.
    I was there at the panel and even Seth MacFarlane was kind of shook up by the joke, I remember him saying "you didn't ask anyone about doing that joke did you?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Traffic View Post
    Almost 100 people are murdered by some nutcase in Norway, yet a trailer trash skank gets all the press.
    How do you think people in Mumbai feel? 21 people where killed and over a hundred injured, do you know what the top story of the day was? Wiener's wiener.
    Last edited by DiscoHoDown; July 24th, 2011 at 08:55 AM.
    Goallum likes this.

  6. #56
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,744
    Liked
    664 times
    Karma
    3246651
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

  7. #57
    waxing poetic Hipcheck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    30,869
    Liked
    1817 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoHoDown View Post
    I was there at the panel and even Seth MacFarlane was kind of shook up by the joke, I remember him saying "you didn't ask anyone about doing that joke did you?"
    Really so Seth had no issue calling John McCain and Sarah Palin Nazis but a junkie english R&B singer OD all of a sudden he practices etiquette?
    "How Dare You Trump My Clever Witticism"

    Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

  8. #58
    waxing poetic Hipcheck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    30,869
    Liked
    1817 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

    Default

    Some more Winehouse with a beatle link...

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWBFjPYVmD8"]‪Amy Winehouse: " All My Loving "‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]
    RockPile likes this.
    "How Dare You Trump My Clever Witticism"

    Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

  9. #59
    is busy cogitating. Winsomemore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    12,302
    Liked
    79 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Th list of very intelligent, very drug addicted people is just about endless. "Intelligent" and "self-destructive" are not mutually exclusive.
    Well, maybe I have a bit of luck with me because in my mind they go hand in hand.

    I don't see how it doesn't come down to a matter of intelligence, or rather, lack of.

    Obviously, she wasn't smart enough to jettison the bloodsucking drug dealers and sycophant "friends" that enabled this sad drama to reach its inevitable conclusion.

    Her mind couldn't process the logical conclusion that her behavior was leading her to.

    I mean, it's a perfect tragedy, truly. Again, may she R.I.P.

  10. #60
    waxing poetic Hipcheck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    30,869
    Liked
    1817 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

    Default

    I always try to envision what makes people do what they do and I always liken it to...

    How long would it take if you had hundreds of people throwing adulation at you and saying how great you are before you finally start believing it? At what point does being humble get overtaken by ego in that scenario?
    "How Dare You Trump My Clever Witticism"

    Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28