Page 344 of 410 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 4091
Like Tree1379Likes

Thread: The Comic Books and Comic Book movies thread

  1. #3431
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,351
    Liked
    6089 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1314 Post(s)

    Default


  2. #3432
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,002
    Liked
    10981 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    430 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm cool with that, unless it means he can't be Lobo.
    jerseydevil and LetTigerIn like this.

  3. #3433
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,351
    Liked
    6089 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1314 Post(s)

    Default

    Dunno Adge...if they add him to an already heavy Superman flick...just too distracting. AND I WANT MY LOBO.

  4. #3434
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,002
    Liked
    10981 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    430 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Dunno Adge...if they add him to an already heavy Superman flick...just too distracting. AND I WANT MY LOBO.
    No argument there. Just ok with him as that character as an idea. I'm already thinking Bats/Supes is going to be poorly handled.

  5. #3435
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,351
    Liked
    6089 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1314 Post(s)

  6. #3436
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,002
    Liked
    10981 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    430 Post(s)

    Default

    Gail Simone Back At Marvel. For Deadpool. - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

    Just a story in the Deadpool wedding issue, apparently, but her original run on Deadpool is what got me into her work. A run which, by the way, is finally hitting TPB tomorrow:
    Deadpool Classic Volume 9: Gail Simone, Udon Studios: 9780785185130: Amazon.com: Books

    Pre-ordered it a few months ago. Very happy to finally get to re-read it.

  7. #3437
    Go Tanner Go! roenick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,177
    Liked
    1210 times
    Karma
    172532594
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    Gail Simone Back At Marvel. For Deadpool. - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

    Just a story in the Deadpool wedding issue, apparently, but her original run on Deadpool is what got me into her work. A run which, by the way, is finally hitting TPB tomorrow:
    Deadpool Classic Volume 9: Gail Simone, Udon Studios: 9780785185130: Amazon.com: Books

    Pre-ordered it a few months ago. Very happy to finally get to re-read it.
    I have been very interested in Deadpool but have never read much. Any suggestions where to start with him? Thanks.

  8. #3438
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,351
    Liked
    6089 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1314 Post(s)

  9. #3439
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,523
    Liked
    1098 times
    Karma
    29136553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

    Default

    I think betting hundreds of millions of dollars on millions of people paying their own dollars to see a movie about a guy who shrinks down to the size of an ant and another movie about a CGI talking raccoon is what is going to kill off superhero movies.

  10. #3440
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,351
    Liked
    6089 times
    Karma
    1632103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1314 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheWest View Post
    I think betting hundreds of millions of dollars on millions of people paying their own dollars to see a movie about a guy who shrinks down to the size of an ant and another movie about a CGI talking raccoon is what is going to kill off superhero movies.
    Ok, that's one way of looking at it but I see Guardians and Ant Man as wild card movies that actually are counter to what this article proposes. Both bring in directors who are VERY off the board choices and who may bring some non comic book fans to the table. And Guardians look like it has something that is sadly lacking in these recent movies...a sense of real fun and bright colors and strange places...you know, like an actual comic book. They may both actually fail simply because they aren't as calculated for profit like Avengers 2, FF vs Xmen and Supes vs Batman vs everyone in the DC universe. If they are even total failures I respect Marvel for NOT playing it entirely safe.
    adgy-san likes this.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66