Click Here!
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 592
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Concerts of 2k11 Thread

  1. #31
    The Doctor is in... doctordestructo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,718
    Liked
    1122 times
    Karma
    213805000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post

    As far as QOTSA...damn that is a fun band to see live. Wiltern too...oh Kq...set the wayback machine.
    Didn't know you liked QOTSA... I was a Kyuss fan so they were a natural progression, particularly the first three releases. The last couple albums haven't been as good as the older **** but this Wiltern show is going to be fun.

  2. #32
    Dolphins Hate Sharks! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,028
    Liked
    7847 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Off2NvrLnd View Post
    but that's no fun :-P
    Um, yeah, now, you are just trying to psychoanalyze me. :O

    I am not a psychoanalyst, but a behaviorist.

    B.F Skinner is my man.

    Only by living absurdly is it possible to break out of this infinite absurdity.
    -Julio Cortazar

  3. #33
    Dolphins Hate Sharks! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,028
    Liked
    7847 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

    Default

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE"]YouTube - Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows[/nomedia]
    Only by living absurdly is it possible to break out of this infinite absurdity.
    -Julio Cortazar

  4. #34
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,123
    Liked
    7452 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doctordestructo View Post
    Didn't know you liked QOTSA... I was a Kyuss fan so they were a natural progression, particularly the first three releases. The last couple albums haven't been as good as the older **** but this Wiltern show is going to be fun.
    You kidding me...as far as modern ROCK(god that term is applied to too many undeserving bands Radiohead, Kings of Leon, etc...I am talking to YOU) QOTSA are the saving grace of music. The only thing that would make this a more 'must see' show is if Them Crooked Vultures and Eagles of Death Metal were opening. Kyuss was a little too fuzz metal for me...I like the hooks.

  5. #35
    Dolphins Hate Sharks! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,028
    Liked
    7847 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

    Default

    Dunno. But it made me sad when Josh Homme fired Nick Oilveri from QOTSA. Oliveri's addiction to drugs and alcohol had reached a fever pitch. And Homme couldn't take it anymore and it's sad because they go back to the KYUSS days. I haven't been paying complete attention to everything, but apparently there is a KYUSS reunion in the works and Oliveri is being welcomed back to the fold.

    And BTW, I always thought Josh Homme was a good looking dude.

    lunchbox and Off2NvrLnd like this.
    Only by living absurdly is it possible to break out of this infinite absurdity.
    -Julio Cortazar

  6. #36
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,123
    Liked
    7452 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Dunno. But it made me sad when Josh Homme fired Nick Oilveri from QOTSA. Oliveri's addiction to drugs and alcohol had reached a fever pitch. And Homme couldn't take it anymore and it's sad because they go back to the KYUSS days. I haven't been paying complete attention to everything, but apparently there is a KYUSS reunion in the works and Oliveri is being welcomed back to the fold.

    And BTW, I always thought Josh Homme was a good looking dude.

    Dude..Oliveri's last album was a love letter to drugs. Dude is scary. It's funny how much Homme has steered into the mainstream. OOOfa I would be remiss if I did not mention...saw a great show in ridiculous rain at the Greek theater(when they say RAIN OR SHINE...they aren't playing) MASTERS OF REALITY opened for QOTSA...brilliant. If you like Queens, and have not heard Masters...check em out straight away!!!!

  7. #37
    Nessie Jr Says Hi Off2NvrLnd's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,525
    Liked
    74 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Dunno. But it made me sad when Josh Homme fired Nick Oilveri from QOTSA. Oliveri's addiction to drugs and alcohol had reached a fever pitch. And Homme couldn't take it anymore and it's sad because they go back to the KYUSS days. I haven't been paying complete attention to everything, but apparently there is a KYUSS reunion in the works and Oliveri is being welcomed back to the fold.

    And BTW, I always thought Josh Homme was a good looking dude.

    got to meet 2 members of QOTSA, but not him :o(

  8. #38
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,261
    Liked
    17236 times
    Karma
    1094100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)

    Default

    QOTSA is one of the few bands that gets played on KROQ that I like anymore. Everything Homme touches is worth listening to, which puts him in rare company for me.

    I remember when QOTSA did a in-store at Amoeba... never seen so many people packed so tightly.

  9. #39
    The Doctor is in... doctordestructo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,718
    Liked
    1122 times
    Karma
    213805000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

    Default http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NON4mQmCts&feature=related

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    You kidding me...as far as modern ROCK(god that term is applied to too many undeserving bands Radiohead, Kings of Leon, etc...I am talking to YOU) QOTSA are the saving grace of music. The only thing that would make this a more 'must see' show is if Them Crooked Vultures and Eagles of Death Metal were opening. Kyuss was a little too fuzz metal for me...I like the hooks.
    Awesome Like I said, the S/T, Rated R and Songs For The Deaf are all 5 star in my book and still get heavy rotation. Post SFTD hasn't been as consistent but like you said, they/whatever lineup he has at the time has always delivered live. Sucks that this Wiltern show is on a Tuesday, but at least they gave us plenty of time to schedule a bull**** doctors appointment with our respective places of employment

    Interesting tidbit... the last time QOTSA played The Wiltern, Kyuss vocalist John Garcia joined Homme for the first time in over 10 years and they played a couple Kyuss tunes. Maybe Nick Oliveri will kiss and make up with Homme this time

    Originally Posted by orpheus
    Dunno. But it made me sad when Josh Homme fired Nick Oilveri from QOTSA. Oliveri's addiction to drugs and alcohol had reached a fever pitch. And Homme couldn't take it anymore and it's sad because they go back to the KYUSS days. I haven't been paying complete attention to everything, but apparently there is a KYUSS reunion in the works and Oliveri is being welcomed back to the fold.
    Actually, Oliveri, vocalist John Garcia, drummer Brant Bjork (all ex-Kyuss members)and some hired gun on guitar have been touring Europe under the name Kyuss Lives...

  10. #40
    The Doctor is in... doctordestructo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,718
    Liked
    1122 times
    Karma
    213805000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Dude..Oliveri's last album was a love letter to drugs. Dude is scary. It's funny how much Homme has steered into the mainstream. OOOfa I would be remiss if I did not mention...saw a great show in ridiculous rain at the Greek theater(when they say RAIN OR SHINE...they aren't playing) MASTERS OF REALITY opened for QOTSA...brilliant. If you like Queens, and have not heard Masters...check em out straight away!!!!
    Masters Of Reality! Yes sir, you really do know your QOTSA That band (Chris Goss in particular) has a definite imprint on post-Kyuss Homme. I guess I don't need to tell you about the Desert Sessions recordings then
    jerseydevil likes this.

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. July 27th, 2011, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28