Click Here!
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 427
Like Tree351Likes

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises continuation thread

  1. #281
    1st Scoring Line BigBrown's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,592
    Liked
    706 times
    Karma
    1055400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    The plot holes in Dark Knight Rises are so big you could drive Unicron through them.
    Proceed - on your way to oblivion.

    Sorry, I recently watched Transformers The Movie.
    Dr. Naysay and mark1178 like this.

  2. #282
    Let's hug it out, bitch! NastiMarvasti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,207
    Liked
    1936 times
    Karma
    1058600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)

    Default

    And yet we're so bored with Man of Steel that we're talking about this movie again.

    I also have no problem with choreographed fight scenes and found the first one between Bane and Batman to be pretty exciting. Beats the hell out of CGI fight sequences where guys get launched fifty feet with one punch. Sorry, but that doesn't impress me. The same reason the Darth Maul fight scene in The Phantom Menace was infinitely better than any other fight scene that came after it.

    Having said all that, I would say that I like the first two movies a little better. Still love it though. Batman Begins has become a really underrated movie in this series.
    Last edited by NastiMarvasti; July 5th, 2013 at 06:27 PM.
    mark1178 likes this.

  3. #283
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,230
    Liked
    1801 times
    Karma
    1053297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NastiMarvasti View Post
    And yet we're so bored with Man of Steel that we're talking about this movie again.

    I also have no problem with choreographed fight scenes and found the first one between Bane and Batman to be pretty exciting. Beats the hell out of CGI fight sequences where guys get launched fifty feet with one punch. Sorry, but that doesn't impress me. The same reason the Darth Maul fight scene in The Phantom Menace was infinitely better than any other fight scene that came after it.

    Having said all that, I would say that I like the first two movies a little better. Still love it though. Batman Begins has become a really underrated movie in this series.
    Because what the people who made the Batman and Iron Man movies understand is that what people actually like is CHARACTERS.

    I know it's a common complaint to say "There's no Batman in this Batman movie!" or "Iron Man is only on screen for 5 minutes boo hoo!!!" but the reality is that most movies that last and resonate do so because people like the characters.

    Even movies like ID4 are memorable more for the corny one liners and slapstick than they are for the White House blowing up.

    ANY movie can have the White House blowing up.

    Not every movie can have Will Smith punching out an Alien and saying "Welcome to Earth!"

    Or have Christian Bale or Robert Downey Jr. be awesome for 2 hours.

    I had this fight with a friend of mine who said Superman was an intrinsically boring and stupid character.... I thought about it. I agree with him.

    SUPERMAN is boring.

    CLARK KENT is a character with infinite possibilities. Man of Steel has no Clark Kent in it. Not really.

  4. #284
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,125
    Liked
    7456 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Waitaminnit? Did you just use Independance Day as a barometer of things done well. C'mon...that movie was fun...but hoo boy was it caca.

    And you are right. Superman sucked because he didn't growl. All of the action scenes in TDKR are clumsy. That chase on the motorcycles...the rooftop fight...it's like Herr Nolan thought it beneath him. The Superman fights were just way better. Take away whatever you want...but damn the fighting was intense in Supes.

  5. #285
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,230
    Liked
    1801 times
    Karma
    1053297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Waitaminnit? Did you just use Independance Day as a barometer of things done well. C'mon...that movie was fun...but hoo boy was it caca.

    And you are right. Superman sucked because he didn't growl. All of the action scenes in TDKR are clumsy. That chase on the motorcycles...the rooftop fight...it's like Herr Nolan thought it beneath him. The Superman fights were just way better. Take away whatever you want...but damn the fighting was intense in Supes.
    I don't disagree. But action sequences do not the better movie make.

    And come on....

    Independence Day is a GREAT MOVIE so long as you add the caveat "For what it was."

    It knew EXACTLY what it was, had zero pretense and enjoyed itself the entire way. Yes it's a crappy "film" but it's a totally memorable "movie".
    SmytheKing and mark1178 like this.

  6. #286
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,230
    Liked
    1801 times
    Karma
    1053297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)

    Default

    Twenty years from now I won't remember Man of Steel with the glee with which I remember Independence Day. Sure some of that is probably the fact that I was 17 when ID4 came out... but still.....

    Welcome to Earth.




    EDIT : Would it have killed Man of Steel to have Kal El punch Zod in the face and say "Welcome to Earth!"? I think not.

  7. #287
    Let's hug it out, bitch! NastiMarvasti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,207
    Liked
    1936 times
    Karma
    1058600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)

    Default

    This is where I disagree with you JD. I don't think the fight scenes were more intense in MOS. Why? Because of three reasons. First, what I've repeated many times, there was too much of it. When there is that much action/fight scenes, it all gets watered down with none of it really standing out. Second, another thing I've repeated and to Doc's point. I didn't care about the characters in MOS so the fight scenes are just fight scenes between two people I don't care about. Last but not least, CGI vs two actors fighting each other. I don't care that it looks choreographed. Rocky IV had the most choreographed and ridiculous fight scene in history but you can't tell me it didn't kick all kinds of ass. And it still holds up. In 10 years, we'll look at the MOS fights and laugh. The sewer fight between Bane and Batman was more intense than anything in that movie.
    Last edited by NastiMarvasti; July 5th, 2013 at 08:05 PM.

  8. #288
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,262
    Liked
    17238 times
    Karma
    1094100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    Because what the people who made the Batman and Iron Man movies understand is that what people actually like is CHARACTERS.

    I know it's a common complaint to say "There's no Batman in this Batman movie!" or "Iron Man is only on screen for 5 minutes boo hoo!!!" but the reality is that most movies that last and resonate do so because people like the characters.

    Even movies like ID4 are memorable more for the corny one liners and slapstick than they are for the White House blowing up.

    ANY movie can have the White House blowing up.

    Not every movie can have Will Smith punching out an Alien and saying "Welcome to Earth!"

    Or have Christian Bale or Robert Downey Jr. be awesome for 2 hours.

    I had this fight with a friend of mine who said Superman was an intrinsically boring and stupid character.... I thought about it. I agree with him.

    SUPERMAN is boring.

    CLARK KENT is a character with infinite possibilities. Man of Steel has no Clark Kent in it. Not really.
    An excellent point. As many issues as the story had in Dark Knight Rises, I could watch a movie with that Catwoman and that Bane in it all day, not to mention all the other talent on the screen. It makes forgiving the blunders in the plot so much easier.

  9. #289
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,230
    Liked
    1801 times
    Karma
    1053297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    An excellent point. As many issues as the story had in Dark Knight Rises, I could watch a movie with that Catwoman and that Bane in it all day, not to mention all the other talent on the screen. It makes forgiving the blunders in the plot so much easier.
    No... it really doesn't.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  10. #290
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,125
    Liked
    7456 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    Nasti and I will never agree. I would take Supes whiz bang cgi...and remember who you are talking to here...I am not a fan of cgi, over TDKR's 'oh let's get this over with' action scenes. I liken it to Freddie Vs Jason, where the end of that movie just turned into a fist fight. Really???? The Bane/Batman scenes were like that to me. And the Batbike chase leading to the Bat appearance felt like I was watching that travelling Batman roadshow that went town to town. The Zod/Supes fight was 2 GODS going toe to toe. That was certainly more comic book-y and YES DAMMNIT I want comic book values in my comic book movies.
    eddieshack23 likes this.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28