Click Here!
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 271
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: The hobbit

  1. #181
    1st Scoring Line BigBrown's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,592
    Liked
    706 times
    Karma
    1055400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Default

    I guess that's a fair criticism but do people actually want to see a light hearted adventure story for kids, even if it'd be more true to the books? Maybe I'm just being egotistic but I'd much rather watch something in the same vein of the previous movies. I don't really care much for "The Hobbit" book so to me this seems like a way better route to take.

  2. #182
    1st Scoring Line BadIdea's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,410
    Liked
    1919 times
    Karma
    1029800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
    I guess that's a fair criticism but do people actually want to see a light hearted adventure story for kids, even if it'd be more true to the books? Maybe I'm just being egotistic but I'd much rather watch something in the same vein of the previous movies. I don't really care much for "The Hobbit" book so to me this seems like a way better route to take.
    I would have preferred a bit of darkness like the last movies too. This was embarressingly cartoonish. I walked after the three troll scene. Just awful.


    I do regret, however, seeing it in HFR. It gave it this soap opera kind of look that I just couldn't get past. Really distracting and off putting. Maybe my experience would have been different if I saw the normal version.
    Last edited by BadIdea; December 15th, 2012 at 06:14 PM.

  3. #183
    Let's hug it out, bitch! NastiMarvasti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,198
    Liked
    1929 times
    Karma
    1058600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)

    Default

    I don't have to experience it in the theater to tell you that HFR sucks balls. For film at least. You know what else sucks balls? 3D.

  4. #184
    2012 Stanley Cup Champs! Liceroni's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    7,362
    Liked
    83 times
    Karma
    1006400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Saw it in 3D IMAX. Loved, LOVED, LOVED!!!!

  5. #185
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Saw it in 3D, not in IMAX, not in HDWhatever, enjoyed it. Thought there was quite a lot of stuff in it designed to move the picture along in length. Certainly doesn't need to be three movies. Probably won't see it again though. Maybe on blu.

  6. #186
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,090
    Liked
    7433 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)

    Default

    Hurm. Not the overwhelming love I was expecting. I kind of think, from what I have heard at least, that this will probably get better further along, and we aren't really going to be able to judge it until all 3 parts have been seen.
    SmytheKing likes this.

  7. #187
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Hurm. Not the overwhelming love I was expecting. I kind of think, from what I have heard at least, that this will probably get better further along, and we aren't really going to be able to judge it until all 3 parts have been seen.
    Pretty much my feeling. The second part will likely be very very good. At least, that's my hope. Just felt like too much exposition in this one. Also, for having three parts for a movie of a book that isn't quite that long, it sure makes you wonder why they felt that they had to put things in there that weren't in the book (at least my from my memory).
    jerseydevil likes this.

  8. #188
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,090
    Liked
    7433 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)

    Default

    When you read about how they scoured the appendices and turned 1 or 2 sentences into complete scenes...yeah, a little much. I think they could have done with 2 if they really wanted to stretch it. 3 is just too much. But wasn't that the gripe about Jackson's Kong too? Someone needs to learn how to edit. I really would have liked to have seen Guillermos Del Toro's vision of what this could have been.

  9. #189
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    When you read about how they scoured the appendices and turned 1 or 2 sentences into complete scenes...yeah, a little much. I think they could have done with 2 if they really wanted to stretch it. 3 is just too much. But wasn't that the gripe about Jackson's Kong too? Someone needs to learn how to edit. I really would have liked to have seen Guillermos Del Toro's vision of what this could have been.
    Actually, I mentioned on the way out that Peter Jackson has a baaaaaaaaaaad habit of not knowing how to end his movies now.

    Having said all of this, my cousins and uncle absolutely loved this movie. It's not a bad movie by any stretch. Maybe a little silly at points and overdone at others, but far from bad.

  10. #190
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,090
    Liked
    7433 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)

    Default

    Kinda knew going in that this was going to be lighter and fluffier than the Rings flicks. That's one of the draws for me(not a big fan...see Clerks 2 for my position of the 'trilogy'). I am a big fan of the Rankin Bass version(Hobbit) from way back. I just think 9 hours of anything is bound to be overmuch. Instead of the inevitable dip and double dip extended super inclusive Bluray releases they ought to go the opposite direction and have someone make the Readers Digest Condensed Version.
    Noble Savage likes this.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. July 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28