Page 162 of 419 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 4182
Like Tree1186Likes

Thread: Last Movie Watched

  1. #1611
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,296
    Liked
    6032 times
    Karma
    1622103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1298 Post(s)

    Default

    HAh!!!! sorry found this funny...

  2. #1612
    Adgy's my BITCH! BoobyTrap's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,401
    Liked
    14 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default



    Watched Whip It with Adgy yesterday. I think I was expecting something more from this movie. Maybe like Dodgeball on roller skates or something. I was pretty disappointed. To me it was like something out of "Lifetime: TV for Women" with the whole "my mother doesn't understand me and I don't wanna be a beauty pageant contestant" plot line.

    I wanted more chicks beating the crap out of each other and less mushy emotional stuff.

  3. #1613
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,296
    Liked
    6032 times
    Karma
    1622103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1298 Post(s)

    Default

    Is it just me or is Ellen Page becoming the female Michael Cera?

  4. #1614
    Adgy's my BITCH! BoobyTrap's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,401
    Liked
    14 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Is it just me or is Ellen Page becoming the female Michael Cera?
    You know, I was thinking about this yesterday. I wasn't really floored by her performance in Whip It. She didn't suck by any means, but I kinda felt she was slightly Juno-ish.

    I really hope that she doesn't go down the "Michael Cera" route (who, btw, better not **** up Scott Pilgrim...). I haven't seen all of her movies so I don't know if she really plays the same character everytime. I thought she was great in Hard Candy. Here's to hoping she doesn't get type casted in future movies...

  5. #1615
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,991
    Liked
    10970 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    426 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoobyTrap View Post


    Watched Whip It with Adgy yesterday. I think I was expecting something more from this movie. Maybe like Dodgeball on roller skates or something. I was pretty disappointed. To me it was like something out of "Lifetime: TV for Women" with the whole "my mother doesn't understand me and I don't wanna be a beauty pageant contestant" plot line.

    I wanted more chicks beating the crap out of each other and less mushy emotional stuff.
    I liked it, but generally agree with your points. I do kind of wish that Ellen hadn't dropped out of Drag Me To Hell for this movie, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by BoobyTrap View Post
    I really hope that she doesn't go down the "Michael Cera" route (who, btw, better not **** up Scott Pilgrim...). I haven't seen all of her movies so I don't know if she really plays the same character everytime. I thought she was great in Hard Candy. Here's to hoping she doesn't get type casted in future movies...
    This is coming from a big Ellen Page fan, but I think she's already shown herself to be at least slightly more... diverse (?). Can't think of the right word. Movies like Hard Candy or An American Crime are a fairly decent departure from her normal character, although I'm sure she'll generally stick to the intelligent, sorta "weird" girl roles. What else is there for her?

    Anyway, thought the movie was fun, but no more than that.

  6. #1616
    CalgaryKing chaingunsofdoom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,035
    Liked
    521 times
    Karma
    4047479
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    271 Post(s)

    Default

    Saw Whip It yesterday, and I thought it was fantastic. Good story. Funny and serious where it needed to be. It should roll into my Top 10 list for this year.

  7. #1617
    Team LGK arizonabay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,186
    Liked
    6 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default



    Thought it was outstanding.
    Prince George: You know, Blackadder, for me socks are like sex. Lots of it about and I never seem to get any.

  8. #1618
    CalgaryKing chaingunsofdoom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,035
    Liked
    521 times
    Karma
    4047479
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    271 Post(s)

    Default

    Watched Couples Retreat today. Decent flick. Thought it would be funnier. Trailer versus Actual Movie felt like a bait-and-switch though. I guess those Favreau/Davis clips are on the cutting-room floor?

  9. #1619
    The Mac Dizzle! ROBZILLA's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    561
    Liked
    2 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Land of the Lost.....Better than what I'd heard.




    .

  10. #1620
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arizonabay View Post


    Thought it was outstanding.
    i saw it friday, it was amazing, i loved it


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28