Click Here!
Page 195 of 417 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 4169
Like Tree1151Likes

Thread: Last Movie Watched

  1. #1941
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,675
    Liked
    10648 times
    Karma
    1169100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

    Default

    Ang Lee's Hulk is better than Letterier's.

  2. #1942
    Trouble Will Find Me Big Red's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,140
    Liked
    665 times
    Karma
    1082137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)

    Default

    I liked both Hulk movies but Leterrier's was better. Its the Hulk. You want to see him smash ****. That's the whole ****ing point!! You guys are crazy
    Cornell Hockey - LETS GO RED!

  3. #1943
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    Ang Lee's Hulk is better than Letterier's.
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by nayagamj View Post
    I liked both Hulk movies but Leterrier's was better. Its the Hulk. You want to see him smash ****. That's the whole ****ing point!! You guys are crazy
    Yup.

  4. #1944
    Adgy's my BITCH! BoobyTrap's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,401
    Liked
    14 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    You know, the new Hulk sucked, at least Ang Lee's version tried to do something different, but this version sucked too much. *sigh*

    HULK is my favorite Marvel character and I am waiting for a good film version of his character. *sigh*
    I just remember Ang Lee's version as being boring. The split screen stuff was cool because it looked like a comic book but I didn't like the whole "my dad is the villain" thing. But then again, I don't care for the Hulk too much - he's a little too simplified for me. I like dudes who can form more complex sentences.

    I also saw Splice last night with Adgy and my peeps.
    I've come to the conclusion that I didn't like it, 20 mins into it and I realized why I never had any interest in seeing it. Horror is not my thing. The acting was fine and the effects were really good but the action/story was pretty predictable. I particularly didn't like the way scientists were portrayed as quirky, oddly dressing, amoral, yet "hip" rogues with autopipetters and petri dishes. I know it's a movie but apparently the idea of ethnics and science doesn't exist. They had made semi amorphous penis blobs and everyone was alright with that.

    The sexual content in the movie was surprising, I didn't expect much of it since I was expecting this to be a "science experiment gone bad, gets lose, and starts killing people in the lab" type of movie. I've never been so traumatized over sex in a movie since Ang Lee's Lust Caution (although no freak genetic hybrid is every going to top the horror I experienced seeing Tony Leung's ****ing balls bopping around to and fro).

    Adgy told me that the movie was supposedly funny from what the reviews said but, I didn't really laugh. I was slightly embarrassed at one point because he was laughing the loudest during an intense part of the movie - and I think he was the only one laughing while everyone was shocked or grossed out.

    I think the only funny thing about the movie was that I kept of pointing out how the "monster" looked like Bjork. Basically I would say Splice is like Species meets Bjork.

  5. #1945
    you rollin dirty? ketel&tonic's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,088
    Liked
    341 times
    Karma
    1006100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Is Splice Venus as a Boy?

  6. #1946
    Adgy's my BITCH! BoobyTrap's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,401
    Liked
    14 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic View Post
    Is Splice Venus as a Boy?
    Adgy says (because apparently I don't understand what you're asking) "No it wasn't. And...that song sucks." :D

  7. #1947
    Stanley Cup Dolphin! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,579
    Liked
    5731 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

    Default



    Interesting film. And the music RULED! Muddy! Howling Wolf! Etta James! That music makes me happy!

    I am amused that Etta James was annoyed with Beyonce playing her. I think that started with the time when Obama asked Beyonce to sing "At Last" at his inaugural. Seriously, Etta James is still alive and you could have just have asked her to perform that song, Obama, shame on you.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDigK8LwyE"]YouTube- Etta James - At Last[/ame]

    Either way, good movie.
    Only by living absurdly is it possible to break out of this infinite absurdity.
    -Julio Cortazar

  8. #1948
    Stanley Cup Dolphin! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,579
    Liked
    5731 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoobyTrap View Post
    I just remember Ang Lee's version as being boring. The split screen stuff was cool because it looked like a comic book but I didn't like the whole "my dad is the villain" thing. But then again, I don't care for the Hulk too much - he's a little too simplified for me. I like dudes who can form more complex sentences.
    Well, you see, that's what makes the Hulk so interesting to nerds like myself. Bruce Banner? A genius? The Hulk? A savage with limited vocabulary.

    Now, I am far from a genius or an intelligent person for that matter, but like Banner, I am a nerd, and when I was young, I dreamed about being some simple cretin overpowered being who would strike fear in those who were harassing me for being different. And that's why the Hulk is my favorite Marvel character up to this day. Because beneath my pretentious "look at me I can cite Foucault and Derrida" lies that insecure teenager who wishes could be that primitive strong being that can scare people and force them to leave me alone.

    I over analyze comic book characters, but, um, well, that's because I believe they are modern myths who speak to some of us.
    Only by living absurdly is it possible to break out of this infinite absurdity.
    -Julio Cortazar

  9. #1949
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,240
    Liked
    1365 times
    Karma
    1058297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nayagamj View Post
    Leterrier's was better. Its the Hulk. You want to see him smash ****. That's the whole ****ing point!! You guys are crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfiltered View Post
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Well, you see, that's what makes the Hulk so interesting to nerds like myself. Bruce Banner? A genius? The Hulk? A savage with limited vocabulary.

    Now, I am far from a genius or an intelligent person for that matter, but like Banner, I am a nerd, and when I was young, I dreamed about being some simple cretin overpowered being who would strike fear in those who were harassing me for being different. And that's why the Hulk is my favorite Marvel character up to this day. Because beneath my pretentious "look at me I can cite Foucault and Derrida" lies that insecure teenager who wishes could be that primitive strong being that can scare people and force them to leave me alone.

    I over analyze comic book characters, but, um, well, that's because I believe they are modern myths who speak to some of us.
    A) I agree with Unfiltered and nayagamj
    B) I've never wanted to give anybody a wedgie like I want to give one to Orpheus right now

  10. #1950
    Stanley Cup Dolphin! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,579
    Liked
    5731 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    A) I've never wanted to give anybody a wedgie like I want to give one to Orpheus right now
    Only by living absurdly is it possible to break out of this infinite absurdity.
    -Julio Cortazar


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66