Page 340 of 419 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 4187
Like Tree1204Likes

Thread: Last Movie Watched

  1. #3391
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,579
    Liked
    1205 times
    Karma
    30740000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

    Default

    Crank was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I think it was written by a 9-year old boy. I swear Jason Statham has the same agent as Nicolas Cage.

    I watched five minutes of The Tree Of Life two nights ago. I was literally in awe at how awful it was. The part I saw was like the worst home movie of all time. Having the camera constantly two inches from a character's back, blocking 80% of the frame, is hilariously annoying. I probably would have kept watching, but The Professional was starting on a neighboring channel. At least my theory was proven: The Tree Of Life is the cinematic equivalent of the Emperor's New Clothes - movie critics pretend it is a work of genius because they are afraid to admit it is a pointless mess, which would expose them as a fool too unsophisticated to appreciate the work of genius that it is.

  2. #3392
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,636
    Liked
    414 times
    Karma
    1574552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

    Default

    Tree of Life is an extremely beautiful movie. It's a shame that some people find the work of a master like Malick boring.
    Pagliacci likes this.

  3. #3393
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,636
    Liked
    414 times
    Karma
    1574552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

    Default



    Saw Carrie for the first time the other day. Didn't take me long to figure out that de Palma was the director. I thought Sissy Spacek was awesome. To be honest though I found the movie to be more depressing than scary. Doesn't mean that it wasn't good, just really depressing heh.

  4. #3394
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    349
    Liked
    33 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheWest View Post
    Crank was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I think it was written by a 9-year old boy. I swear Jason Statham has the same agent as Nicolas Cage.
    .

    I only like Lock stock and two smokin barrels and Snatch. His action flicks bore me.

  5. #3395
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    349
    Liked
    33 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I went to the midnight showing of the Amazing Spider Man last night. I am glad I chose to see in 3D.

  6. #3396
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,072
    Liked
    11044 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Both Crank movies are worth owning and should be fetched at ridiculously low prices. And Diehard, that's what makes them so good. So over-the-top, so dopey, yet played fairly straight. And if you don't blink, Dwight Yoakum does some nice character work. I am a huge fan of the Statham, and that helps.
    Yeah, the Crank movies are just ridiculous, over the top nonsense turned up to 11. It definitely isn't for everyone, but if you enjoy the absurd, you might enjoy it. I'm personally also a fan of the way those guys shoot. They aren't afraid to get creative with how they follow the action.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Tree of Life is an extremely beautiful movie. It's a shame that some people find the work of a master like Malick boring.
    The couple of Malick movies I've seen I also found to be mostly boring, albeit immensely gorgeous. Haven't seen Tree Of Life yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post


    Saw Carrie for the first time the other day. Didn't take me long to figure out that de Palma was the director. I thought Sissy Spacek was awesome. To be honest though I found the movie to be more depressing than scary. Doesn't mean that it wasn't good, just really depressing heh.
    I love that movie so much.
    OTTo VoN BLoTTo likes this.

  7. #3397
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,636
    Liked
    414 times
    Karma
    1574552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

    Default

    Well if you found his other stuff boring you probably won't like Tree of Life. I've loved every Malick film I've seen (Thin Red Line, Days of Heaven, Badlands).

  8. #3398
    Team LGK OTTo VoN BLoTTo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,766
    Liked
    136 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic View Post
    Finally got around to watching Inception.

    Meh. It was alright.

    It was extremely complicated and the off mood and odd pace were a bit tiring, but I liked it nonetheless. I would think the lucid dreaming-ish connection would appeal to you.
    Diehard likes this.

  9. #3399
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37,072
    Liked
    11044 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Well if you found his other stuff boring you probably won't like Tree of Life. I've loved every Malick film I've seen (Thin Red Line, Days of Heaven, Badlands).
    I have Badlands on the DVR. I feel like at some point his flicks will click for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTo VoN BLoTTo View Post
    It was extremely complicated and the off mood and odd pace were a bit tiring, but I liked it nonetheless. I would think the lucid dreaming-ish connection would appeal to you.
    I ****ing LOVE Inception and I don't care. Every second of it. I would let Chris Nolan touch me inappropriately for having made it.

  10. #3400
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,808
    Liked
    6376 times
    Karma
    1657103
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1414 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    I have Badlands on the DVR. I feel like at some point his flicks will click for me.



    I ****ing LOVE Inception and I don't care. Every second of it. I would let Chris Nolan touch me inappropriately for having made it.
    Yeah, there's an exclusive club...
    adgy-san and OTTo VoN BLoTTo like this.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27