Page 374 of 419 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 4182
Like Tree1186Likes

Thread: Last Movie Watched

  1. #3731
    !!PLAY RACQUETBALL!! Rob2716's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,232
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default



    Battle Royale - A class of junior high schoolers are dropped off on a deserted island, given random weapons and a 3-day time limit. They have to kill each other off until 1 is left standing. Some of the CGI bloodsplatter got funny, but this was a pretty cool film and a lot of fun to watch. Chiaki Kuriyama (badass Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill Vol 1) is in this film.

  2. #3732
    Stanley Cup Dolphin! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,708
    Liked
    5928 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    547 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2716 View Post


    Battle Royale - A class of junior high schoolers are dropped off on a deserted island, given random weapons and a 3-day time limit. They have to kill each other off until 1 is left standing. Some of the CGI bloodsplatter got funny, but this was a pretty cool film and a lot of fun to watch. Chiaki Kuriyama (badass Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill Vol 1) is in this film.
    That's an awesome movie! You should read the comic if you ever get a chance.

    And Chiaki? G-D want I wouldn't give to spend one night with that woman.

    Rob2716, adgy-san and jerseydevil like this.

  3. #3733
    All Star




    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,732
    Liked
    948 times
    Karma
    1940798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)

    Default

    ARGO, liked the movie. Almost true.
    jerseydevil and LetTigerIn like this.

  4. #3734
    !!PLAY RACQUETBALL!! Rob2716's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,232
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default



    The Devil's Backbone - giant backlog at Blockbuster online for this one, but finally managed to get a copy yesterday. Nice and creepy. Enjoyed the story and this film quite a bit.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  5. #3735
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,279
    Liked
    6008 times
    Karma
    1622103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1293 Post(s)

    Default

    Ok...so I cannot discuss specifics in the Jerseydevil horror appreciation thread, but if you have Netflix Streaming...



    just flat out succeeds. I implore you...stay with it. It is an English language film from a French director(Pascal Laugier...whose MARTYRS is simply must see) and early on it is easy to dismiss. Clumsy, unbelievable acting/situations...but it takes a wicked turn in the deliciously creamy center. And...not everything is explained...but man...it works so much. You need to see this.
    adgy-san and LetTigerIn like this.

  6. #3736
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,518
    Liked
    1095 times
    Karma
    29136553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    213 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2716 View Post


    Battle Royale - A class of junior high schoolers are dropped off on a deserted island, given random weapons and a 3-day time limit. They have to kill each other off until 1 is left standing. Some of the CGI bloodsplatter got funny, but this was a pretty cool film and a lot of fun to watch. Chiaki Kuriyama (badass Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill Vol 1) is in this film.
    I read the book (the book book, not the manga) and it was fantastic and so deeply, deeply wrong. I should totally sanitize it and rewrite it for teenage girls in America. Oh, wait...
    orpheus, adgy-san and LetTigerIn like this.

  7. #3737
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,818
    Liked
    1061 times
    Karma
    1384497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    just flat out succeeds. I implore you...stay with it. It is an English language film from a French director(Pascal Laugier...whose MARTYRS is simply must see) and early on it is easy to dismiss. Clumsy, unbelievable acting/situations...but it takes a wicked turn in the deliciously creamy center. And...not everything is explained...but man...it works so much. You need to see this.
    There is plenty in this movie that fails for me, but where it succeeds, it more than makes up for its shortcomings. I do not envy the marketing department on this one. No, wait, actually I do sort of envy that challenge.

    I like being surprised by movies, and this one surprised me.
    adgy-san and jerseydevil like this.

  8. #3738
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,279
    Liked
    6008 times
    Karma
    1622103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1293 Post(s)

    Default



    Man this was a lot of fun. WAAAAAAY better than the Avengers. Pretty nice work making something a bit different out of an origin story. Joe Johnson did a real good job and Marvel just abject replacing him was a mistake.
    LetTigerIn likes this.

  9. #3739
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,518
    Liked
    1095 times
    Karma
    29136553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    213 Post(s)

    Default

    Captain America was pretty good, but it could have been great if they had cut down on the action montages and upped the depth (there was a lot of wasted potential with the very end of the movie). The actor gets a lot of credit for making a character who could easily have been as boring as Superman usually is be interesting and compelling.

    Better than the Avengers? No.
    jerseydevil and LetTigerIn like this.

  10. #3740
    Team LGK




    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,818
    Liked
    1061 times
    Karma
    1384497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheWest View Post
    Captain America was pretty good, but it could have been great if they had cut down on the action montages and upped the depth (there was a lot of wasted potential with the very end of the movie). The actor gets a lot of credit for making a character who could easily have been as boring as Superman usually is be interesting and compelling.

    Better than the Avengers? No.

    I reacted similarly to Captain America. I thought Joe Johnston was a great choice, considering his awesome period comic book work on The Rocketeer, and, in the texture department, he delivers. However, I also thought the action montage derailed the investment of a very nice setup and good main character development. Additionally, there were some repetitive scenes and connectors that should have been cut. Overall, though, a good film.

    Where would either of you rank this among Captain America, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, The Incredible Hulk and The Avengers? Off the top of my head, I'd go fourth. I'd guess most people would say second or third.
    jerseydevil likes this.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66