Page 76 of 102 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1013
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: LGK's Hard & Heavy

  1. #751
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,879
    Liked
    5755 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1227 Post(s)

    Default

    System Of A Down New Album 2013

    Wow, SOAD was at the Hollywood Bowl Monday night. Damn. Wish I had known about that I may have actually gone. Crap. Well, will they or won't they have some new music????

  2. #752
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,269
    Liked
    19399 times
    Karma
    105193176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthoth View Post
    Here are some dudes that never get enough praise and in my opinion are up there with the greats of death metal. By death metal I place great emphasis on what it truly is - the absence of artificially sounding instruments, studio magic, triggers, and the incessant sweep picking with core influences. Those components have crippled the voluminous punch in what passes for today's death metal.

    This is what keeps me going back to the ones who perfected it, leaving me entirely uninterested in 99% of the new artists out there today.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V53XcL_omLU
    Love me some Bolt Thrower!!! 7th Offensive is such one damned badass song!! Always loved the GW cover art, too (played those games as a kid).

    Wife can't STAND it! HAH!!!!
    Last edited by FBJ; July 31st, 2013 at 08:35 PM.
    KingsOvAllKings likes this.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  3. #753
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,879
    Liked
    5755 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1227 Post(s)

  4. #754
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,879
    Liked
    5755 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1227 Post(s)

  5. #755
    The Doctor is in... doctordestructo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,991
    Liked
    1140 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    System Of A Down New Album 2013

    Wow, SOAD was at the Hollywood Bowl Monday night. Damn. Wish I had known about that I may have actually gone. Crap. Well, will they or won't they have some new music????
    I saw Shavo (he actually saw me) at the Jeff Hanneman memorial and we talked about the band inactivity issue... he elaborated on what he had been publicized saying previously, that 3/4 of the band really wants to go full steam ahead but Serj is the holdout. He was very emotional while discussing the topic, doesn't understand why the majority has to cease productivity because of one guy.

    I'm afraid this could devolve into an STP/Queensryche/etc... situation if Serj holds out much longer. That's just my 2 cents.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  6. #756
    The Doctor is in... doctordestructo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,991
    Liked
    1140 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

    Default

    Our friend Lemmy's return to action didn't fare so well... I'm seriously worried about the guy now. The way he lived has a tendency to come to a hard end

    BLABBERMOUTH.NET - MOTÖRHEAD's WACKEN OPEN AIR Performance Cut Short Due To LEMMY's Health

    MOTÖRHEAD was forced to end its performance at the Wacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Germany earlier today (Friday, August 2) after only six songs due to frontman Lemmy Kilmister's health.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  7. #757
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,879
    Liked
    5755 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1227 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doctordestructo View Post
    I saw Shavo (he actually saw me) at the Jeff Hanneman memorial and we talked about the band inactivity issue... he elaborated on what he had been publicized saying previously, that 3/4 of the band really wants to go full steam ahead but Serj is the holdout. He was very emotional while discussing the topic, doesn't understand why the majority has to cease productivity because of one guy.

    I'm afraid this could devolve into an STP/Queensryche/etc... situation if Serj holds out much longer. That's just my 2 cents.
    And the madness is that they just don't work without ALL the parts. That is the most fragile balance of brilliance/insanity I have ever seen. But Serj is an ARTIST...and he wants to do all his important stuff. Not gonna turn out well. Oh yeah, and Rubin better produce if they know whats good for em.
    doctordestructo likes this.

  8. #758
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,879
    Liked
    5755 times
    Karma
    1592103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1227 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doctordestructo View Post
    Our friend Lemmy's return to action didn't fare so well... I'm seriously worried about the guy now. The way he lived has a tendency to come to a hard end

    BLABBERMOUTH.NET - MOTÖRHEAD's WACKEN OPEN AIR Performance Cut Short Due To LEMMY's Health
    Yeah. Very worried myself. This world would not be the same without Mr. Kilminster.
    doctordestructo likes this.

  9. #759
    The Doctor is in... doctordestructo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,991
    Liked
    1140 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    And the madness is that they just don't work without ALL the parts. That is the most fragile balance of brilliance/insanity I have ever seen. But Serj is an ARTIST...and he wants to do all his important stuff. Not gonna turn out well. Oh yeah, and Rubin better produce if they know whats good for em.
    I worry that Serj fancies himself as a Mike Patton... now, while I love Serj and have known him (albeit I haven't seen him in quite a while like I have the other 3 guys far more recently) since their very humble beginnings, his voice AIN'T Mike Patton's and he needs to mellow out on the avant garde stuff and give the people what they want - particularly the people he made his bones with.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  10. #760
    King Of The Guillotine KingsOvAllKings's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    350
    Liked
    79 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthoth View Post
    Here are some dudes that never get enough praise and in my opinion are up there with the greats of death metal. By death metal I place great emphasis on what it truly is - the absence of artificially sounding instruments, studio magic, triggers, and the incessant sweep picking with core influences. Those components have crippled the voluminous punch in what passes for today's death metal.

    This is what keeps me going back to the ones who perfected it, leaving me entirely uninterested in 99% of the new artists out there today.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V53XcL_omLU
    They did not disappoint live, every bit good as expected.

Page 76 of 102 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28