Click Here!
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 248
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Thor

  1. #191
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    So... I'm about to go see this.... but undecided about 2D or 3D...

    the consensus seems to be 2D would be fine if you hate 3D (which I do)....

    do I have that right?
    I don't think you'll miss anything if you don't like 3D, no. I love the extra depth and stuff you get with 3D, but it won't make you like or hate the movie any more or less. Also, there are no floating rocks with waterfalls and no sign of Matt Dillon so you should be getting off on the right foot here.

  2. #192
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,230
    Liked
    1801 times
    Karma
    1053297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    I don't think you'll miss anything if you don't like 3D, no. I love the extra depth and stuff you get with 3D, but it won't make you like or hate the movie any more or less. Also, there are no floating rocks with waterfalls and no sign of Matt Dillon so you should be getting off on the right foot here.
    I'm fine with floating rocks... it's waterfalls with no perceivable water source that really grinds my gears!
    jerseydevil likes this.

  3. #193
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay

    I'm fine with floating rocks... it's waterfalls with no perceivable water source that really grinds my gears!
    Clouds man. Clouds.

  4. #194
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,230
    Liked
    1801 times
    Karma
    1053297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    Clouds man. Clouds.
    No way.

    Also... just saw Thor.

    Meh.

    Good meh... but still meh.

  5. #195
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    No way.

    Also... just saw Thor.

    Meh.

    Good meh... but still meh.
    I think, and I don't necessarily like it, that they're basically using these movies to lead into the avengers. There's less thought on what the movie is, and more on "how can we make everyone smile when Tony Stark shows up here so they know they're going to be in a movie next May?"

    I enjoyed Thor (and I'm sure I'll enjoy Capt America as well), but they all seem to be more Matrix 2 than Matrix 1.

  6. #196
    Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,230
    Liked
    1801 times
    Karma
    1053297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    I think, and I don't necessarily like it, that they're basically using these movies to lead into the avengers. There's less thought on what the movie is, and more on "how can we make everyone smile when Tony Stark shows up here so they know they're going to be in a movie next May?"

    I enjoyed Thor (and I'm sure I'll enjoy Capt America as well), but they all seem to be more Matrix 2 than Matrix 1.
    Yea I felt like the movie had a ****ty assignment but it did it as well as it possibly could.

    This movie had to introduce the most outrageous part of the Avengers family and it's villain. All things considered I thought it was fine.

    But... meh.

    EDIT : OH... and at the risk of being labeled a racist... while I didn't think Elba Idris took away anything from the movie, that Japanese dude killed every scene he was in because he was CLEARLY not a native speaker of whatever language it was that Asgardians speak (English apparently... for some reason) and that makes ZERO SENSE.

    So... I know they put those guys in there to sell more tickets over seas (which is actually more racist than complaining about it if you really think about it) but I still think it detracted slightly from the movie.
    Last edited by Dr. Naysay; May 10th, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

  7. #197
    JWR
    JWR is offline
    Team LGK JWR's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    615
    Liked
    575 times
    Karma
    1090500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

    Default

    We enjoyed the movie.

    I did have a slight WTF moment when I 1st saw a good closeup of the King of the Frost Giants and could not help but think he looked like a Narn from Babylon 5.

  8. #198
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post

    EDIT : OH... and at the risk of being labeled a racist... while I didn't think Elba Idris took away anything from the movie, that Japanese dude killed every scene he was in because he was CLEARLY not a native speaker of whatever language it was that Asgardians speak (English apparently... for some reason) and that makes ZERO SENSE.

    So... I know they put those guys in there to sell more tickets over seas (which is actually more racist than complaining about it if you really think about it) but I still think it detracted slightly from the movie.
    Not true.



    George Takei is a very famous Asgardian.

  9. #199
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,125
    Liked
    7455 times
    Karma
    1416594
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    What??? They don't speak Engrish?



    And...Idris Elba should be in ALLLLLLL movies!

  10. #200
    Bar room hero Kings Provisional's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,513
    Liked
    6949 times
    Karma
    2179284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

    Default

    IMHO Kat Dennings was way underused and way overdreseed.







    And Portman was adorable, and Jaimie Alexander was way hot!
    Last edited by Kings Provisional; May 11th, 2011 at 06:33 PM.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28