Click Here!
Page 186 of 249 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2481
Like Tree464Likes

Thread: What Are U Listening To Right This Moment?

  1. #1851
    Resident Evil El Cochino's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,221
    Liked
    7 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default


  2. #1852
    Team LGK OTTo VoN BLoTTo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,766
    Liked
    136 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default




    Jessica's gone on vacation on the dark side of town forever...

  3. #1853
    about to burst apart Goallum's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,811
    Liked
    137 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTo VoN BLoTTo View Post



    Jessica's gone on vacation on the dark side of town forever...
    This album gets my personal 2011 "WTF? I don't get it" award. Not being able to miss all the praise it's gotten, I've given it three honest listens, and... for all its lyrical prowess, I just can't move beyond the fact that it sounds like elevator music to me. I have it planned to keep trying with it, but I'm not hugely optimistic I'll come around.
    OTTo VoN BLoTTo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    And Terry Murray can ing shove a ing in a with two s and take his and his and put them in his !




    FROMOS FOR FROMEO

  4. #1854
    Team LGK OTTo VoN BLoTTo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,766
    Liked
    136 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goallum View Post
    This album gets my personal 2011 "WTF? I don't get it" award. Not being able to miss all the praise it's gotten, I've given it three honest listens, and... for all its lyrical prowess, I just can't move beyond the fact that it sounds like elevator music to me. I have it planned to keep trying with it, but I'm not hugely optimistic I'll come around.

    LOL. That is E X A C T L Y how it started here. The first couple of listens it rubbed me wrong in so many ways, like stroking a cat against the grain it actually made me angry. Like you, I couldn't understand what the fuss was about. But then a few weeks later something inexplicable happened: a song shuffled through my playlist one day at the office and I was kinda noddin' and toe-tappin' and s***. Had a kinda New York in the 70's feel with an infectiously tight groove and some quirky lyrics. Hmm. I liked it. A lot. Looked to see what IS this?? and BAM. Destroyer. I was stunned. Don't know if it was the juxtaposition with the other songs on that particular day or my disposition or what, but I put it back on from the beginning and listened through it's entirety--twice--and the rest is history. I'm hooked. That sort-of lazy, muzak-y elevator feel that you aptly described is now exactly what I DO like about it, especially on work days when mellowing down a notch is essential for survival.

    All this said, I respect that you're giving it multiple chances but wouldn't blame you one bit if it never comes around. But who knows? Maybe outta the blue one day when the mood is juuuuust right...... you'll find yourself back in that elevator..... and enjoying the ride.
    Last edited by OTTo VoN BLoTTo; January 20th, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
    Goallum likes this.

  5. #1855
    about to burst apart Goallum's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,811
    Liked
    137 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTo VoN BLoTTo View Post
    LOL. That is E X A C T L Y how it started here. The first couple of listens it rubbed me wrong in so many ways, like stroking a cat against the grain it actually made me angry. Like you, I couldn't understand what the fuss was about. But then a few weeks later something inexplicable happened: a song shuffled through my playlist one day at the office and I was kinda noddin' and toe-tappin' and s***. Had a kinda New York in the 70's feel with an infectiously tight groove and some quirky lyrics. Hmm. I liked it. A lot. Looked to see what IS this?? and BAM. Destroyer. I was stunned. Don't know if it was the juxtaposition with the other songs on that particular day or my disposition or what, but I put it back on from the beginning and listened through it's entirety--twice--and the rest is history. I'm hooked. That sort-of lazy, muzak-y elevator feel that you aptly described is now exactly what I DO like about it, especially on work days when mellowing down a notch is essential for survival.

    All this said, I respect that you're giving it multiple chances but wouldn't blame you one bit if it never comes around. But who knows? Maybe outta the blue one day when the mood is juuuuust right...... you'll find yourself back in that elevator..... and enjoying the ride.
    I'll keep trying!
    OTTo VoN BLoTTo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    And Terry Murray can ing shove a ing in a with two s and take his and his and put them in his !




    FROMOS FOR FROMEO

  6. #1856
    about to burst apart Goallum's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,811
    Liked
    137 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    orpheus and OTTo VoN BLoTTo like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    And Terry Murray can ing shove a ing in a with two s and take his and his and put them in his !




    FROMOS FOR FROMEO

  7. #1857
    Stalker of Padma No One's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,768
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    pug likes this.

  8. #1858
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,434
    Liked
    5350 times
    Karma
    1567103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1131 Post(s)

    Default



    The Heavy Metal Box - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Disc 1
    1.Blue Cheer - "Summertime Blues"
    2.Led Zeppelin - "Heartbreaker"
    3.Black Sabbath - "War Pigs"
    4.Deep Purple - "Highway Star"
    5.Alice Cooper - "No More Mr. Nice Guy"
    6.Black Sabbath - "Sweet Leaf"
    7.Uriah Heep - "Easy Livin'"
    8.Rush - "Working Man"
    9.Rainbow - "Man on the Silver Mountain"
    10.Kiss - "Detroit Rock City"
    11.Aerosmith - "Back In The Saddle"
    12.Ted Nugent - "Cat Scratch Fever"
    13.UFO - "Lights Out"
    14.Blue Öyster Cult - "Godzilla"
    15.Angel Witch - "White Witch"
    16.Van Halen - "Runnin' With The Devil"

    Disc 2
    1.Motörhead - "Ace of Spades"
    2.Diamond Head - "Am I Evil?"
    3.Rose Tattoo - "Nice Boys"
    4.Michael Schenker Group - "Attack of the Mad Axeman"
    5.Saxon - "Denim and Leather"
    6.Tygers of Pan Tang - "Gangland"
    7.Venom - "Witching Hour"
    8.Judas Priest - "You've Got Another Thing Comin'"
    9.Iron Maiden - "The Number of the Beast"
    10.Raven - "Star War"
    11.Fastway - "Say What You Will"
    12.Mercyful Fate - "Black Funeral"
    13.W.A.S.P. - "Animal (**** Like a Beast)"
    14.Dio - "Holy Diver"
    15.Queensr˙che - "Queen of the Reich"
    16.Metallica - "Whiplash"

    Disc 3
    1.Scorpions - "Rock You Like a Hurricane"
    2.Quiet Riot - "Metal Health"
    3.Dokken - "Into the Fire"
    4.Accept - "Balls to the Wall"
    5.Ratt - "Round and Round"
    6.Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock"
    7.Hanoi Rocks - "The Boulevard Of Broken Dreams"
    8.Krokus - "Midnite Maniac"
    9.Yngwie Malmsteen - "I'll See the Light, Tonight"
    10.Motley Crue - "Live Wire"
    11.Cinderella - "Shake Me"
    12.Metal Church - "Watch the Children Pray"
    13.Stryper - "To Hell With The Devil"
    14.Helloween - "A Little Time"
    15.Overkill - "Wrecking Crew"
    16.Anthrax - "Caught in a Mosh"
    17.Megadeth - "Hangar 18"

    Disc 4
    1.Whitesnake - "Still of the Night"
    2.Faster Pussycat - "Bathroom Wall"
    3.Morbid Angel - "Immortal Rites"
    4.Manowar - "Hail and Kill"
    5.Testament - "Trial By Fire"
    6.King Diamond - "Welcome Home"
    7.Slayer - "Angel Of Death"
    8.Metallica - "One"
    9.Living Colour - "Cult of Personality"
    10.Skid Row - "Youth Gone Wild"
    11.Pantera - "Cowboys from Hell"
    12.Nirvana - "Lithium"
    13.Sepultura - "Dead Embryonic Cells"
    14.Slipknot - "Wait And Bleed"
    This one indeed GOES TO 11!!!!!!!!
    Big Red and ironmaiden like this.

  9. #1859
    Stanley Cup Dolphin! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,581
    Liked
    5736 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

    Default



    One of my fave easy listening late night albums. Morbid Angel- Covenant
    KingsOvAllKings likes this.
    Only by living absurdly is it possible to break out of this infinite absurdity.
    -Julio Cortazar

  10. #1860
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,828
    Liked
    431 times
    Karma
    3276905
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTTo VoN BLoTTo View Post



    Jessica's gone on vacation on the dark side of town forever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goallum View Post
    This album gets my personal 2011 "WTF? I don't get it" award. Not being able to miss all the praise it's gotten, I've given it three honest listens, and... for all its lyrical prowess, I just can't move beyond the fact that it sounds like elevator music to me. I have it planned to keep trying with it, but I'm not hugely optimistic I'll come around.
    Once I got turned on to this video, I was hooked. Personally, it's very weird b/c this sort of music never grabs me. But I love it. I still don't get it or why. But I love it. I'm pretty sure I will grow out of this phase....But I sort of hope not. I'm now trying to convert some friends. It's been tough.

    Goallum and OTTo VoN BLoTTo like this.

Page 186 of 249 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66