Page 100 of 160 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1598
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: What are you reading? What was the last book you enjoyed?

  1. #991
    Bar room hero Kings Provisional's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,971
    Liked
    8960 times
    Karma
    2746356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

    Default

    Legionary: The Roman Soldier's (Unofficial) Manual by Philip Matyszak



    Everything you ever wanted to know about being a Roman Legionary: what Legion to join, camp life, equipment, fighting techniques, how to stay out of trouble ect ect.

    Philip Matyszak teaches ancient history at Cambridge University and is also a very entertaining author, so if you like history, especially Roman Empire stuff, check him out.

  2. #992
    svenska köttbulle motalare's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    426
    Liked
    101 times
    Karma
    1005100
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default



    Continuation of a series that started with Retribution Falls. That was a great book; very much like Firefly.
    Kings Provisional and FBJ like this.

  3. #993
    waxing poetic Hipcheck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    31,128
    Liked
    1265 times
    Karma
    1351238
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    355 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick_nautious View Post
    the 2nd book is much better in my opinion. you can really tell a difference in the way he writes since the blade itself was his first book. but i love Glokta i must have laughed for 20 minutes on the "if he's an apprentice, im the king of gurkul" part in the first book
    I just started the 3rd book last night....god bless the local library and speaks volumes about this series. Im not intro fantasy/adventure books at all but this series is a very fun read.
    "How Dare You Trump My Clever Witticism"

    Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

  4. #994
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    I just started the 3rd book last night....god bless the local library and speaks volumes about this series. Im not intro fantasy/adventure books at all but this series is a very fun read.
    i actually just picked up the 3rd book thanks to a 40% off coupon from borders... got about 300 pages left in george martin's "storm of swords" then im gonna read 2 short books (The Last Wish & Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski about The Witcher) then hop on The Last Argument to close the series then ill probably read "Best Served Cold" as well which is in the same universe as The First Law trilogy but its a stand alone book

  5. #995
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    3 hour marathon and just finished A Storm of Swords.... WOW

  6. #996
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,636
    Liked
    414 times
    Karma
    1574552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

    Default



    this was one of the best books I've read in awhile. The Book Thief isn't literature, but the story is fantastic and will stay with you long after you've finished it.
    pug likes this.

  7. #997
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,007
    Liked
    273 times
    Karma
    1208532
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

    Default

    Just finished the first 2 books in Robert V.S. Redick's "Chathrand Voyages" series
    -Red Wolf Conspiracy
    -The Ruling Sea

    Currently reading
    Bedroom-"The Blade Itself, Book 1 of The First Law series" by Joe Abercrombie
    Upstairs-"Warhammer 40k: The Inquisition War Omnibus" by Ian Watson
    Downstairs-"Flight of the Renshai" by Mickey Zucker Reichert
    Car/Travel-"House of Chains, Book 4 of the Malazan Book of the Fallen" by Steven Erikson

    Here's my Shelfari page, a social site to keep track of and to find new books. Since I read so much, this site has helped me immensely (not trying to spam)
    http://www.shelfari.com/bfisch
    Last edited by Fisch; June 22nd, 2011 at 11:33 AM.

  8. #998
    svenska köttbulle motalare's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    426
    Liked
    101 times
    Karma
    1005100
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisch View Post
    Just finished the first 2 books in Robert V.S. Redick's "Chathrand Voyages" series
    -Red Wolf Conspiracy
    -The Ruling Sea

    Currently reading
    Bedroom-"The Blade Itself, Book 1 of The First Law series" by Joe Abercrombie
    Upstairs-"Warhammer 40k: The Inquisition War Omnibus" by Ian Watson
    Downstairs-"Flight of the Renshai" by Mickey Zucker Reichert
    Car/Travel-"House of Chains, Book 4 of the Malazan Book of the Fallen" by Steven Erikson

    Here's my Shelfari page, a social site to keep track of and to find new books. Since I read so much, this site has helped me immensely (not trying to spam)
    B Fisch - CA, USA
    I cannot recommend the Malazan Books of the Fallen series highly enough. The best series I have read in the last 10 years.

  9. #999
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,007
    Liked
    273 times
    Karma
    1208532
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motalare View Post
    I cannot recommend the Malazan Books of the Fallen series highly enough. The best series I have read in the last 10 years.
    I have all the books that are out now...House of Chains has been a tough one to get through, I bought it and started it when it first came out...lol. Took a couple of years off but figured I better finish it as I have all the rest to get to. The first 3 were great.

  10. #1000
    Classic player VCRW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,864
    Liked
    6608 times
    Karma
    901014825
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1540 Post(s)

    Default



    Just started this one - interesting concepts so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28