Click Here!
Page 103 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1597
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: What are you reading? What was the last book you enjoyed?

  1. #1021
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    Has anyone read "Game of Thrones" (i.e. "A Song of Ice and Fire")? I picked it up and looked at it in the store and wanted to get someone's opinion before buying. Thanks.
    READ IT, if you watched the show you know what to expect but if you didnt... there is really no story like it.

    started the 4th book in the series the other day. and the wife is starting the 5th book which came out on tuesday.

    id have to say each of the books in the series gets better (just started the 4th so i cant say about that one yet) but the 3rd book was amazing

  2. #1022
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    picked up a book i've been keeping an eye out for about 4 months and hit the jackpot today... with a 30% off coupon too

    George R. R. Martin's Fevre Dream

  3. #1023
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,527
    Liked
    5440 times
    Karma
    1582103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1145 Post(s)

    Default

    Man...the further I get into book 1 of Game of Thrones the more it shows the detail they had to lose. The description of Caetlyn's ascent to the Aerie...ooofa. Man I was getting height-sick from the book. So worth reading.

  4. #1024
    Selke Smooth notbob's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,461
    Liked
    4829 times
    Karma
    5589128
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Man...the further I get into book 1 of Game of Thrones the more it shows the detail they had to lose. The description of Caetlyn's ascent to the Aerie...ooofa. Man I was getting height-sick from the book. So worth reading.
    That was one of my few dissapointments with the show. They didnt make the Eyrie's height imposing enough. Not that you get to see it from the outside all that much.
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

  5. #1025
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,527
    Liked
    5440 times
    Karma
    1582103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1145 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob8880 View Post
    That was one of my few dissapointments with the show. They didnt make the Eyrie's height imposing enough. Not that you get to see it from the outside all that much.
    You can understand it though. From a time and money standpoint they had to make some hard decisions. It was a small sacrifice.

  6. #1026
    Selke Smooth notbob's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,461
    Liked
    4829 times
    Karma
    5589128
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    You can understand it though. From a time and money standpoint they had to make some hard decisions. It was a small sacrifice.
    Yeah i dont blame them.
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

  7. #1027
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    yea i was a little dissappointed with the eryie... btw that was one of my favorite parts of book one so i was really really looking forward to it... and well.. you know

  8. #1028
    2nd Scoring Line nick_nautious's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    651
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    nice. kinda walking through the moreno valley mall. looked around in the $1 book used book store and came across some gems that i couldnt pass up

    Eye of the World - Robert Jordan
    Magician: Apprentice - Raymond E. Fiest

    first time i've been in there when they actually had some non-1970s yellowed out fantasy books

  9. #1029
    Selke Smooth notbob's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,461
    Liked
    4829 times
    Karma
    5589128
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick_nautious View Post
    nice. kinda walking through the moreno valley mall. looked around in the $1 book used book store and came across some gems that i couldnt pass up

    Eye of the World - Robert Jordan
    Magician: Apprentice - Raymond E. Fiest

    first time i've been in there when they actually had some non-1970s yellowed out fantasy books
    The Fiest books are excellent
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

  10. #1030
    is busy cogitating. Winsomemore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    12,318
    Liked
    54 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    Just started "The Angel of Darkness". Caleb Carr's sequel to "The Alienist". Looking verrrrry good.

    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Darkness-Caleb-Carr/dp/0345427637/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311209202&sr=1-1"]*link to Amazon*[/ame]



Page 103 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28