Click Here!
Page 139 of 160 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1597
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: What are you reading? What was the last book you enjoyed?

  1. #1381
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,760
    Liked
    10740 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)

    Default

    In the middle of:



    A new short story collection. Mostly pretty good.

  2. #1382
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,485
    Liked
    6460 times
    Karma
    1147683646
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

    Default

    About halfway through Jasper Ffordes Shades of Grey. It's extremely enjoyable as a dystopian style of novel. The whole world as it should be is imagined and you have to pay attention as not much reverts back to our society.

  3. #1383
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,442
    Liked
    1040 times
    Karma
    29131553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    196 Post(s)

    Default

    I dug out my Under The Dome I bought many months ago so that I can read it before the miniseries comes on.

  4. #1384
    1st Scoring Line RoyalSubject's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,901
    Liked
    4481 times
    Karma
    17707760
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    About halfway through Jasper Ffordes Shades of Grey. It's extremely enjoyable as a dystopian style of novel. The whole world as it should be is imagined and you have to pay attention as not much reverts back to our society.
    I just finished the Hunger Games series, and was in the mood for more dystopian fiction but the market has been flooded with a crapload of YA dystopian fiction after the Hunger Games movie's success. It's nice to see another adult dystopian novel, aside from the classics which I've already read. Thanks for the heads up on this one, Jammer. I'm going to check it out!

  5. #1385
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,485
    Liked
    6460 times
    Karma
    1147683646
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSubject View Post
    I just finished the Hunger Games series, and was in the mood for more dystopian fiction but the market has been flooded with a crapload of YA dystopian fiction after the Hunger Games movie's success. It's nice to see another adult dystopian novel, aside from the classics which I've already read. Thanks for the heads up on this one, Jammer. I'm going to check it out!
    Yeah I don't think this one falls into the realm of YA, as with all UK writers half the times I'm not sure if there's hidden UK jokes in there I'm totally missing as well.

  6. #1386
    Stanley Cup Dolphin! orpheus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17,593
    Liked
    5742 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    526 Post(s)

    Default

    China Mieville's Embassytown.



    About halfway done. Let's see how it develops...

  7. #1387
    1st Scoring Line Salty Dog's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,808
    Liked
    1114 times
    Karma
    1204967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

    Default


    Just started this. Not sure yet. It may be a little TOO sci-fi/fantasy for me.
    jerseydevil likes this.

  8. #1388
    Resident Cynic




    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,000
    Liked
    2573 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    In the middle of:



    A new short story collection. Mostly pretty good.
    Have you read all the Burke series?

  9. #1389
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,485
    Liked
    5409 times
    Karma
    1577103
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1141 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post

    Just started this. Not sure yet. It may be a little TOO sci-fi/fantasy for me.
    Stick with it...turns into a pretty cool Rock'n'Roll/satan/angels and standard theological detective stuff after a bit. The rest of the books are decent too.

  10. #1390
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,760
    Liked
    10740 times
    Karma
    1179100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon0 View Post
    Have you read all the Burke series?
    Indeed, I have. Most of them about a half dozen times.

Page 139 of 160 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66