So I am helping a friend purchase a good quality speaker system for his computer. I am down to these 4 systems.
Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 PC multimedia home theater speaker sys - $400
Creative Digital 5700 5.1 Computer Speaker System - $249
Logitech Z5500 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System - 5.1-channel 500W RMS - $289
Alesis Proactive 5.1 Complete 5.1 surround system - $379.95
I am leaning away from the Klipsch. They are a very good speaker system. I have them on my computer system but they do not offer the additional inputs into the Sub like the other systems do such as:
- Digital optical for DVD or CD players, PlayStation?2, Xbox
- Digital coaxial for DVD or CD players or PC sound cards (requires coaxial cable, sold separately)
- 6 channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 2, 4, or 6 channel PC sound cards OR
- 6 channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 3 stereo analog mini audio sources, like CD and DVD players, Playstation 2, Xbox, or 2 channel PC sound cards (somedevices may require stereo mini to dual RCA adapter, sold separately)
- Analog stereo-mini (on side panel of control center) for portable CD, MP3,or MiniDisc players
I don't know much about the Alesis system other than what I read about in the specs and it comes very close to the Logitech system.
I am leaning towards the Logitech system unless someone can talk me out of them.
I was also kind of interested in this system here:
Edifier Speaker S5.1 - $312.35
looks and specs. great but again it did not have the optional inputs.