Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Crackberry Advice.

  1. #1
    Thanks for the memories Unruely35's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,170
    Liked
    178 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default Crackberry Advice.

    After the ultimate demise of my (count it..) third Samsung Behold since February, I have surrendered to the inevitable and moved on to a Blackberry.

    this one.


    Now, all you Crackberry owners and lovers... any advice?

    PS: please, noone say anything about "you shoulda got" because whatever I "shoulda got" wasn't gonna be free and paid for by my carrier (especially the iPhone, which Ive already been told I "shoulda got" twice).

  2. #2
    beingbobbyorr
    Guest

    Default

    I'm an EE who designs integrated circuits, and even I can't believe all the S that they fit into these things.

  3. #3
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Throw it in the water and run. . .


    In all seriousness though, what sort of advice are you looking for?

  4. #4
    the Power in Powerplay HeShootsNScores's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,994
    Liked
    40 times
    Karma
    1020100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm on the same bb right now. I love it! Download google maps.
    Posted via Mobile Device

  5. #5
    Thanks for the memories Unruely35's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,170
    Liked
    178 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    Throw it in the water and run. . .


    In all seriousness though, what sort of advice are you looking for?
    seriously though, a couple months ago my friend accidentally lost her BB in an ice cooler at the beach. half hour of looking for it, she found it floating in half melted ice and cold water. she dried it out for a day, popped the battery and sim card back in, reloaded the software and the damned thing ran for another couple weeks til she bought a replacement. the little water damage dot was pink... it was a freak!

    anyway... im new to the blackberry world so just any advice. cool apps, places to download stuff, helpful hints they didnt know when they first got theirs. whatever.

    if I knew the behold was such a royal pos when it first came out I woulda had this BB months ago!

  6. #6
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,006
    Liked
    27732 times
    Karma
    105058176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

    Default

    I probably don't use my BlackBerry for even 1/4 of the crap it can do.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  7. #7
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unruely35 View Post
    seriously though, a couple months ago my friend accidentally lost her BB in an ice cooler at the beach. half hour of looking for it, she found it floating in half melted ice and cold water. she dried it out for a day, popped the battery and sim card back in, reloaded the software and the damned thing ran for another couple weeks til she bought a replacement. the little water damage dot was pink... it was a freak!

    anyway... im new to the blackberry world so just any advice. cool apps, places to download stuff, helpful hints they didnt know when they first got theirs. whatever.

    if I knew the behold was such a royal pos when it first came out I woulda had this BB months ago!
    Well, BB just came out with their own little app store. It's still fairly new so it's a little barren. Some good apps. Also, go to CrackBerry.com ? The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers for some other free/good apps.

    As far as tips, whenever you're in your messages folder, here are some quick commands:

    R = Reply
    L = Reply to all
    C = Compose
    D = Delete
    B = Bottom
    T = Top

    Those are pretty handy for me.

  8. #8
    Go, Kings, Go rinkrat's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    209,378
    Liked
    7797 times
    Karma
    100230000
    Images
    6478
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm a freak for technology and am tempted to upgrade but I don't use my cell as it is. With a Blackberry I'd have to get texting and internet access for it, right? What's the monthly bill on Verizon for all that ****?

  9. #9
    1st Scoring Line WingHater's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,226
    Liked
    161 times
    Karma
    65454485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

    Default

    You don't have to get it. You should though.

  10. #10
    Thanks for the memories Unruely35's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,170
    Liked
    178 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat View Post
    I'm a freak for technology and am tempted to upgrade but I don't use my cell as it is. With a Blackberry I'd have to get texting and internet access for it, right? What's the monthly bill on Verizon for all that ****?
    the data plan for the BB cost the same as the data plan for the POS Behold and I already had unlimited texting. don't know about verizon, but on TMobile you need one or the other for it to run all your stuff and be cool.

    our bill with two data plans, four phones with unlimited text and 1000 family shared anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends is about $160/month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82