Page 13 of 277 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 2766
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: ***DSLR/Photography MegaThread***

  1. #121
    Life is a highway ImA1032's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,704
    Liked
    4 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoeingJets View Post
    So yeah. Now that you guys have got fast teles, I need one. Can't let you guys get ahead of me, here.

    I'm having a tough time deciding between Nikon's 70-200 VR f/2.8 and Sigma's 70-200 f/2.8 Macro. The street price difference is about $500 in favor of the Sigma (about $800 compared to about $1300 for the Nikon), and I'm not sure the vibration reduction is worth that much more.

    I've saved almost to the point of being able to afford a longer lens, also. And that new 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 Sigma with optical stabilization (to match Nikon's 80-400 is looking pretty tempting. Imagine that with a 2x teleconverter?
    I just rented the Nikon VR lens for 2 weeks so I've got it for the NASCAR weekend in Fontana. Hopefully I'll be able to get to a Dodger game and/or down to El Segundo to have even more fun with it.

  2. #122
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,273
    Liked
    19407 times
    Karma
    105193176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImA1032 View Post
    I just rented the Nikon VR lens for 2 weeks so I've got it for the NASCAR weekend in Fontana. Hopefully I'll be able to get to a Dodger game and/or down to El Segundo to have even more fun with it.
    Make sure you post some pictures you take.

    I wish I had the ability to try the non-stabilized Sigma next to the stabilized Nikon to compare the two. I'm really torn between the VR and non-stabilized.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  3. #123
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Has anyone here had any personal experience with sigma lenses?

  4. #124
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,273
    Liked
    19407 times
    Karma
    105193176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

    Default

    I played around with a couple about three months ago at a camera shop in Portland. Impressively built. They get good reviews, as well. I have yet to own one, but wouldn't think twice about buying one if I decide it suits my needs.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  5. #125
    1st Scoring Line DeaderFan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,362
    Liked
    54 times
    Karma
    1123434
    Images
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    I was just checking out dpreview.com and all of a sudden it's like Christmas. Nikon and Canon finally releasing a slew of new cameras! I was saving money for a lens but I might have to think about a new body now. Canon with a full frame sensor at 21 megapixels! And the Nikon D3 going full frame with light sensitivity to iso 25600 and shooting 11fps. Then the D300 going cmos at 12.3mp with live LCD viewing while shooting. And that's with a 3" 922,000 pixel LCD. Nice stuff.

    Canon 1Ds MarkIII http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07...1dsmarkiii.asp

    Canon 40D http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07...anoneos40d.asp

    Nikon D3 http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082312nikond3.asp

    Nikon D300 http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082313nikond300.asp

  6. #126
    trdi
    Guest

    Default

    Damn! Also some new lens, like EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM.

    http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canoneos1dsmarkiii/

    Looks like a revolution instead of evolution to me. I want 1Ds MarkIII !!
    I must have it! I will get it. Just not right now.

  7. #127
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,273
    Liked
    19407 times
    Karma
    105193176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaderFan View Post
    I was just checking out dpreview.com and all of a sudden it's like Christmas. Nikon and Canon finally releasing a slew of new cameras! I was saving money for a lens but I might have to think about a new body now. Canon with a full frame sensor at 21 megapixels! And the Nikon D3 going full frame with light sensitivity to iso 25600 and shooting 11fps. Then the D300 going cmos at 12.3mp with live LCD viewing while shooting. And that's with a 3" 922,000 pixel LCD. Nice stuff.

    Canon 1Ds MarkIII http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07...1dsmarkiii.asp

    Canon 40D http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07...anoneos40d.asp

    Nikon D3 http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082312nikond3.asp

    Nikon D300 http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082313nikond300.asp
    Just when I started thinking my D200 would be the good **** for a while. Oh well. I've been thinking about getting a second camera body eventually. Maybe I'll wait a couple years and upgrade to keep the D200 as the spare.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  8. #128
    1st Scoring Line DeaderFan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,362
    Liked
    54 times
    Karma
    1123434
    Images
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    I shoot sports with the D200 also and love it. I was saving for the 70-200mm 2.8 VR. I have the 80-200 2.8 now but it's the older push-pull zoom so I was hoping to upgrade. Now I dunno. I shoot a lot of hockey and so I have been begging for more light sensitivity. The D300 is also supposed to have noise reduction on the sensor, plus it's CMOS so it should have much less noise at iso 1600 than the D200. The D3 would be awsome for low light but I am getting used to the lens reach I have in the DX format so I'm not sure I want to go back to full frame.

    Now I also have a Hasselblad system and I might be tempted to sell it all for that new 1Ds. At 21mp it should give medium format a run for it's money. On the other hand I will have to spend a fortune in glass because the high resolution wil show all the flaws in the cheaper lenses. It's nice to dream though.

  9. #129
    trdi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaderFan View Post
    Now I also have a Hasselblad system and I might be tempted to sell it all for that new 1Ds. At 21mp it should give medium format a run for it's money. On the other hand I will have to spend a fortune in glass because the high resolution wil show all the flaws in the cheaper lenses. It's nice to dream though.
    Even with an older 1Ds that was a problem. What surprised me was, that some of the expensive L glass was found to have problems with the new super resolution. Like 100-400 L or 17-35 2.8 L.

  10. #130
    VF
    VF is offline
    Sittin' on the couch VF's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,420
    Liked
    104 times
    Karma
    1052600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    I would say hold off on your pre-orders for the 1Ds MKIII as it has the exact same AF system as the 1D MKIII, which is having a few problems right now (about a 80% hit rate for stuff coming directly at the camera) Canon has tried to solve it with new firmware, but it might take them a while to get it worked out. They actually pulled pre-orders for the 1Ds MKIII this morning, so they may be working on it, or they may have seen the prices for the D3 and thought that they need to reduce the price, a lot, but the test frames for it look absolutely stunning. As for the D3 and the D300, I would hold off until you see some test frames to see if Nikon did finally get their noise under control, but as these are two brand new sensors, offered at a great price, it is looking like it is a great time to be a Nikon shooter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66