Click Here!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Free Registry Cleaner from MicroSoft

  1. #1
    is busy cogitating. Winsomemore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    12,302
    Liked
    79 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Default Free Registry Cleaner from MicroSoft

    Windows Defender: Software

    I accessed the page from the Windows Defender site/More Tools

    It's called Windows Live OneCare Saftey Scanner.

    It's free.

    It takes about two hours to complete.

    It found and repaired 640+ registry errors. The most I've ever seen a registry cleaner find.

    And it checks to see if the disk need defragmentation, removes viruses and junk files.
    Last edited by Winsomemore; August 16th, 2009 at 08:33 PM.

  2. #2
    The gates have opened RoyalPain's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    4,648
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winsomemore View Post
    Windows Defender: Software

    I accessed the page from the Windown Defender site/More Tools

    It's called Windows Live OneCare Saftey Scanner.

    It's free.

    It takes about two hours to complete.

    It found and repaired 640+ registry errors. The most I've ever seen a registry cleaner find.

    And it checks to see if the disk need defragmentation, removes viruses and junk files.
    2 hours? that is a hell of a long time to clean up the registry. but if it is doing the other functions as well I guess 2 hours isn't that bad but your hard drive better be really fragmented for that amount of time.

    I use mvregclean and I have seen it clear up 2000+ on one machine and and average I have seen with this program is about 800 dead registry links. and it only takes a few minutes. MV RegClean Software Informer: Latest version download, news and info about this Marcos Velasco Security program. MV RegClean 5.5 is a registry cleaner for Windows.
    oh yea it is also free. but good find!

    oh btw iirc this one will only be free for a certain number of downloads. After that certain number of downloads the program will no longer be free. So if you want to get this get it now before they start charging for it.
    Last edited by RoyalPain; August 15th, 2009 at 04:20 PM.

  3. #3
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,567
    Liked
    9329 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalPain View Post
    2 hours? that is a hell of a long time to clean up the registry. but if it is doing the other functions as well I guess 2 hours isn't that bad but your hard drive better be really fragmented for that amount of time.

    I use mvregclean and I have seen it clear up 2000+ on one machine and and average I have seen with this program is about 800 dead registry links. and it only takes a few minutes. MV RegClean Software Informer: Latest version download, news and info about this Marcos Velasco Security program. MV RegClean 5.5 is a registry cleaner for Windows.
    oh yea it is also free. but good find!

    oh btw iirc this one will only be free for a certain number of downloads. After that certain number of downloads the program will no longer be free. So if you want to get this get it now before they start charging for it.
    how is it free? it says I have to cough up $19.95 to clean up the mess.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

  4. #4
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,567
    Liked
    9329 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

    Default

    and if you're talking about this download link, then they're all in spanish.

    http://www.velasco.com.br/mvregclean55-en.zip

    edit: or portuguese.
    Last edited by BeerMan; August 15th, 2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spanish in Brazil? ha!
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

  5. #5
    is busy cogitating. Winsomemore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    12,302
    Liked
    79 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalPain View Post
    2 hours? that is a hell of a long time to clean up the registry.
    It's done on-line. I think that's one reason why it takes so long. The other is that it does remove junk files, etc.

    There is no software on your PC when it's finished. You can't run it without going to the site to do it.

    I'm going to do it right before I go to bed at least twice a month.

  6. #6
    The gates have opened RoyalPain's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    4,648
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    and if you're talking about this download link, then they're all in spanish.

    http://www.velasco.com.br/mvregclean55-en.zip

    edit: or portuguese.
    doh I just tried the link I posted and it is the wrong version here is the link to the correct version and it is free MV RegClean - Download

  7. #7
    The gates have opened RoyalPain's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    4,648
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winsomemore View Post
    It's done on-line. I think that's one reason why it takes so long. The other is that it does remove junk files, etc.

    There is no software on your PC when it's finished. You can't run it without going to the site to do it.

    I'm going to do it right before I go to bed at least twice a month.
    Oh ok I was thinking of this one which you have to pay for now. Windows Live OneCare - Try Today

  8. #8
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,567
    Liked
    9329 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    39
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

    Default

    either reg edits work. at least RP helped out on the MV one.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

  9. #9
    The fun in dysfunctional psychopuck's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,321
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalPain View Post
    doh I just tried the link I posted and it is the wrong version here is the link to the correct version and it is free MV RegClean - Download
    It gave me an error msg that the link was broken. I was able to get it from download.com.

    MV RegClean - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

  10. #10
    What can Brown do for you gokingsgo's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    1,046
    Liked
    46 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    System Mechanic works fine for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28