Click Here!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Help with Directv Issues

  1. #21
    2nd Scoring Line MiketheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    867
    Liked
    56 times
    Karma
    1005200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGoalie View Post
    Rebooting the receiver or DVR usually solves problems. I've had no issues with DirecTV or my DVR.
    I appreciate this bit of advice and everyone's suggestions too. Directv escalated the issue with their tech dept. and they say they'll get back to me on the issue w/in 72 hours.

    I'll certainly post the findings/solutions or stalemate for LGK. Thanks again guys.

  2. #22
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,438
    Liked
    1528 times
    Karma
    3123132
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    Maybe this should have been posted in the Computers/Tech/Photo forum. This is a technical issue, and not Fox Sports or Directv playing games, as you claim in the title of the thread.

  3. #23
    2nd Scoring Line MiketheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    867
    Liked
    56 times
    Karma
    1005200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    A) I subscribe to Directv
    B) I pay Directv for DVR service
    C) I expect to watch DVR what I pay for on Directv

    therefore;
    D) All issues apply to Directv.

    Should I bury my problem which effects many people in a small minute forum (Tech/photo/whatever you said?) I for one have never visited that page nor have a need.

    It amazes me that anything that does not directly effect some people, means the issue is meaningless or NIMBY.

  4. #24
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,744
    Liked
    664 times
    Karma
    3246651
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    A) I subscribe to Directv
    B) I pay Directv for DVR service
    C) I expect to watch DVR what I pay for on Directv

    therefore;
    D) All issues apply to Directv.

    Should I bury my problem which effects many people in a small minute forum (Tech/photo/whatever you said?) I for one have never visited that page nor have a need.

    It amazes me that anything that does not directly effect some people, means the issue is meaningless or NIMBY.
    Feel free to post your political views here as well. Maybe recommend a few beers or post a random picture as well. How's about the last book read or movie viewed? Point being, there are forums for the sort of stuff you wanted help with and if people give you grief for posting in an arena that isn't a fit, it's not out of line for folks to point that out to you.

  5. #25
    2nd Scoring Line MiketheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    867
    Liked
    56 times
    Karma
    1005200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy2213 View Post
    Feel free to post your political views here as well. Maybe recommend a few beers or post a random picture as well. How's about the last book read or movie viewed? Point being, there are forums for the sort of stuff you wanted help with and if people give you grief for posting in an arena that isn't a fit, it's not out of line for folks to point that out to you.
    Politics is out of line here, slippery slope there. Tell me in your absolute definition what should and should not be posted on "Home Ice" forum. Mod, could you define this.

    Fred Rogan mentioning the Kings on NBC is just as important as being able to watch our Kings on TV after we get home from work. Where does Home Ice begin then?

  6. #26
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,438
    Liked
    1528 times
    Karma
    3123132
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    A) I subscribe to Directv
    B) I pay Directv for DVR service
    C) I expect to watch DVR what I pay for on Directv

    therefore;
    D) All issues apply to Directv.

    Should I bury my problem which effects many people in a small minute forum (Tech/photo/whatever you said?) I for one have never visited that page nor have a need.

    It amazes me that anything that does not directly effect some people, means the issue is meaningless or NIMBY.
    This has nothing to do with how many people are affected by your problem. This is about following the forum guidelines. This may surprise you, but other people do visit the Computer/Tech/Photo forum. In fact, that's where they go to see if anyone else is having issues with their Cable/Satellite providers, and/or their equipment.

    And by the way, all of your points(A -D) are why this thread does not belong in Home Ice.

  7. #27
    TONGA
    Guest

    Default

    See people, it's all about Mike.

    For the record I have DirecTV and recorded the games with no issues, so lets do some deductive reasoning...

    TONGA was able to accomplish what he wanted
    Mike was not
    therefore
    TONGA>>>>>>>>>>>Mike, any questions?

  8. #28
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    This belongs in the tech forum. It's going there.

    Also please leave the moderating to the people in red.

  9. #29
    2nd Scoring Line MiketheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    867
    Liked
    56 times
    Karma
    1005200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TONGA View Post
    See people, it's all about Mike.

    For the record I have DirecTV and recorded the games with no issues, so lets do some deductive reasoning...

    TONGA was able to accomplish what he wanted
    Mike was not
    therefore
    TONGA>>>>>>>>>>>Mike, any questions?
    As I hypothecised: if the issue doesn't effect you directly, It's not a problem. If you read other comments on this post, people do or were having this same issue, so it's not about me...it's about Kings fans that want to watch the Kings. But if that conclusion suits your personality of NIMBY, then oh well.

  10. #30
    2nd Scoring Line MiketheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    867
    Liked
    56 times
    Karma
    1005200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obejuan View Post
    This belongs in the tech forum. It's going there.

    Also please leave the moderating to the people in red.
    So how does Jim Hill makes a boo boo and Fred Rogen make the Home Ice cut? Wouldn't this belong in the "MEDIA, TV and Music" board on LGK? Just wondering where the line is divided.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28