Click Here!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I have a few questions for you iPod 80 GB owners

  1. #1
    Goin' to the #6 dance C. Marshall's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    3,241
    Liked
    178 times
    Karma
    1016100
    Images
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Talking I have a few questions for you iPod 80 GB owners

    OK, I just got an 80 GB ipod. I have a few questions...

    - I have around 800 Compact Discs, is it OK to put ALL of them into my itunes?

    - My home computer doesn't do the DVD thing, but my laptop does, how do I run my ipod on both?

    - Is there a good book to learn about all this stuff or a wepage?

    My nano took a bit to learn, I have most of the stuff down, I just am anxious to get this going! Can I upload a DVD onto it and watch it after I install itunes 7 on my laptop? Is it just that simple?

    Thanks for the help, guys....That's all I can think of for now.
    Last edited by C. Marshall; June 18th, 2007 at 05:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Marshall View Post
    - I have around 800 Compact Discs, is it OK to put ALL of them into my itunes?
    If you've got the room, sure. All of my music is on my desktop. (Backed up on a Firewire drive, as well.)

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Marshall View Post
    - My home computer doesn't do the DVD thing
    Not with iTunes itself. You will need another application for that. Since I don't know if you're on a Mac or PC, I can only recommend that I use on my Mac (hawkeye by nitosoft)

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Marshall View Post
    but my laptop does, how do I run my ipod on both?
    Yes, you can connect your iPod to both computers.

    A great resource for all things iTunes/iPod.

    http://www.ilounge.com/
    Last edited by Unfiltered; June 18th, 2007 at 05:12 PM.

  3. #3
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,008
    Liked
    27738 times
    Karma
    105058176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

    Default

    I never thought I'd use the video portion of the 80gig, but I do and it's really cool. I don't buy vids. I typically download video podcasts or rip my own DVDs into iPod format, which isn't that difficult if you follow the directions found here or here. The process takes a little time, but its well worth it. The ripping and file-joining is the quick part. The transcoding is what takes a long time. I typically set up a batch of four or five to go overnight and let it do its thing.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  4. #4
    I'm Cultured, Bitch ianmonsta's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,468
    Liked
    372 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyBarneyJets View Post
    I never thought I'd use the video portion of the 80gig, but I do and it's really cool. I don't buy vids. I typically download video podcasts or rip my own DVDs into iPod format, which isn't that difficult if you follow the directions found here or here. The process takes a little time, but its well worth it. The ripping and file-joining is the quick part. The transcoding is what takes a long time. I typically set up a batch of four or five to go overnight and let it do its thing.
    if you feel like spending a couple bucks i got this program http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-mov...converter.html which does all of it for you and its relatively quick and works great

  5. #5
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imamonsta View Post
    if you feel like spending a couple bucks i got this program http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-mov...converter.html which does all of it for you and its relatively quick and works great
    I have PQDVD and it's good but if you want something much more robust (ahem....backing up DVDs as well) go here.

    www.dvdfab.com

    I have the Platinum version and it's awesome. PQDVD is kind of a pain in the arse especially when ripping episodic dvds.

    I also recommend Anapod Explorer instead of iTunes.

  6. #6
    Trouble Will Find Me Big Red's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,924
    Liked
    640 times
    Karma
    1017137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Marshall View Post
    OK, I just got an 80 GB ipod. I have a few questions...

    - I have around 800 Compact Discs, is it OK to put ALL of them into my itunes?

    - My home computer doesn't do the DVD thing, but my laptop does, how do I run my ipod on both?

    - Is there a good book to learn about all this stuff or a wepage?

    My nano took a bit to learn, I have most of the stuff down, I just am anxious to get this going! Can I upload a DVD onto it and watch it after I install itunes 7 on my laptop? Is it just that simple?

    Thanks for the help, guys....That's all I can think of for now.
    as the previous posters suggested, its takes a little bit of work to put dvds on your ipod. as for your cds, i don't see a problem with putting them on your itunes account. your only limitation would be your computer's hard drive. you can also just put them on itunes, transfer the songs to your ipod, and then delete them. however if something happens to your ipod, or you for some reason have to reformat it, you'll have to import ALL those cds again. i don't need to tell you that that is EXTREMELY tedious. if you already have a nano, you should be fine putting music on. the video ipod works the same way.

    in regards to your dvd question. sometimes putting a dvd can be a multistep process. i've personally only put two dvds on my ipod because i found the process too time consuming. i may just be using the wrong set of programs, so hopefully someone else more knowledgeable can fill you in. you usually have to break the copy protection on the dvd, rip it to your computer's hard drive, and then transcode it to fit (and work) on your ipod. that's just too much work for me. if you're using a mac, i recommend handbrake. it helps you rip the dvd. sorry for being so long winded in my response!
    Cornell Hockey - LETS GO RED!

    "I love this f***ing team right here."

  7. #7
    FBJ
    FBJ is offline
    LGK's Red Baron FBJ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20,008
    Liked
    27738 times
    Karma
    105058176
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imamonsta View Post
    if you feel like spending a couple bucks i got this program http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-mov...converter.html which does all of it for you and its relatively quick and works great
    PQDvD is the ****, yo! I can't believe how easy it has made ripping DVDs to mp4s.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28