Click Here!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I need a new phone.

  1. #1
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default I need a new phone.

    I've had the RAZR V3C for over a year but I am due for my "new every two" phone at the end of next month.

    I'm on Verizon, and looking at the MOTOSLVR. Any recommendations? I don't care for the fancy details (mp3 player, camera, internet, etc.). If it can dial and ring like a phone, I'm game. I like lightweight, slim phones that are durable.

  2. #2
    travelstore.rovia.com




    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    822
    Liked
    16 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Personally, I don't care for the Motorola products. I am a huge fan of LG. I use LG with Verizon and I rarely drop a call or have problems finding a signal. I can depend on this setup and never worry about my cell reliability.

  3. #3
    Available for Parties




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,575
    Liked
    28 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Send a PM to SBU. He's the cell phone guru. See if you can extend your contract with him too.

    I've sent a list of features I want my phone to do before and he said: get this one, stay away from that one, etc.. etc... I haven't been able to use his expertise since Cingular started acting like *******s.

    -_Sf

  4. #4
    #SimianNation mitchrock's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    26,287
    Liked
    8757 times
    Karma
    10050000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    488 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheGUN View Post
    Personally, I don't care for the Motorola products. I am a huge fan of LG. I use LG with Verizon and I rarely drop a call or have problems finding a signal. I can depend on this setup and never worry about my cell reliability.
    I'm the opposite. Have my first Motorola now have had it for almost 2 years and it performs better than any of the 3 previous LG phones I had. LG phones seem to not last long and can't keep a charge that long.

  5. #5
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    if you are partial to Moto phones try the KRZR. I freaking love mine.

  6. #6
    travelstore.rovia.com




    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    822
    Liked
    16 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Interesting when I used a motorola i was with AT&T. Maybe that was the problem. But I have also heard that the Razor was not that good.

  7. #7
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    I'm the opposite. Have my first Motorola now have had it for almost 2 years and it performs better than any of the 3 previous LG phones I had. LG phones seem to not last long and can't keep a charge that long.
    I agree but just because I had the crappy bottom-of-the-line LG phones while I was in college. I'm not a huge RAZR fan (the keys suck) but it is better than those... and I definitely don't want the LG Chocolate.

    The KRZR sounds interesting too. It'll probably come down to those two (KRZR or SLVR). Flip phone or no?

  8. #8
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,840
    Liked
    328 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    I have a Razor (how ever its spelled) and I can't stand
    the fact I cant see the screen in day light. I receive
    messages from people hours after they sent them. I
    don't know if thats Verizon's fault or if it's the phone,
    but it's very irritating. I really hate the navigation system
    of the razor.

  9. #9
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheGUN View Post
    Interesting when I used a motorola i was with AT&T. Maybe that was the problem. But I have also heard that the Razor was not that good.
    I've had good luck with Moto. It's the only phone I've ever had except for my very first phone which was a Nokia a long time ago.

    The RAZR has a bad rap. People usually complain about software issues. However, I'm an IT guy so I've had very few problems whatsoever. I had two RAZRs before my KRZR. I also take into consideration the demographic that owns a RAZR. Typically they are fashion conscious people and at least half of them are women. A good 75% of the people that own them won't use them for anything overly techical. If a problem arises then they are going to bitch and moan to no end.

    In short, if you are a sharp guy that knows his way around simple software then you will be fine.

  10. #10
    Available for Parties




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,575
    Liked
    28 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbruin152 View Post
    I agree but just because I had the crappy bottom-of-the-line LG phones while I was in college. I'm not a huge RAZR fan (the keys suck) but it is better than those... and I definitely don't want the LG Chocolate.

    The KRZR sounds interesting too. It'll probably come down to those two (KRZR or SLVR). Flip phone or no?
    Get a job and an HTC Wizard.

    -_Sf

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28