Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: If anyone owns a 04-05 Sony Grand Wega...READ THIS!!!

  1. #1
    Sarcastic Ass nocturn's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    8,132
    Liked
    2658 times
    Karma
    1105000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

    Default If anyone owns a 04-05 Sony Grand Wega...READ THIS!!!

    If you own any of these models:

    KDF-42WE655, KDF-50WE655, KDF-55WF655, KDF-60WF655, KDF-55XS955, KDF-60XS955, KF-42WE620, and KF-50WE620

    and are experiencing the "Blue Blob", you have until December 31, 2008 to have it fixed on Sony's dime OR they will replace the set with a newer set.

    To file a claim, follow the directions here:

    Sony eSupport - KDF-55WF655 - News & Alerts

    Last night I googled "blue color Sony KDF-60XS955" and was surprised to find out Sony had recalled the series of TV's because of the blue blob. Im just lucky as ***** that I was board last night...because the Sony EW runs out in just over a month.

    The replacement of the "Optic Block" is over a grand and you just get another that will fail in 3 years.

    Im going to trade up. Im just waiting for Sony to call me back...

  2. #2
    CalgaryKing chaingunsofdoom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,269
    Liked
    666 times
    Karma
    3214798
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

    Default

    I think I have the 42" version of this, but I've never had the blue blob issue (that I know of...). Also, reading the claim form, it says the customer must have had it replaced prior to August 2007... so if it happened since then, aren't the customers screwed?

  3. #3
    Unfiltered
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
    I think I have the 42" version of this, but I've never had the blue blob issue (that I know of...). Also, reading the claim form, it says the customer must have had it replaced prior to August 2007... so if it happened since then, aren't the customers screwed?
    That date is actually for those folks that have paid out of pocket to get it an estimate or repair, stating Sony will reimburse those people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sony
    As part of our commitment to quality, Sony is announcing that for any owner of these model televisions who paid out-of pocket expenses on or before August 31, 2007 for an estimate or repair service to replace the optical block for this specific issue, Sony will reimburse the customer by mail for his/her parts and labor expenses.

  4. #4
    Sarcastic Ass nocturn's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    8,132
    Liked
    2658 times
    Karma
    1105000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

    Default

    Unfiltered is exactly correct about being reimbursed for expenses prior to Aug 07.

    About the blue blob, it comes on like gangbusters. One day it wont have it, next day "bam" and it does not go away unless the OB is replaced.

    I went ahead and took the KDL52W4100 52" 120mhz LCD replacement for $840 something. Its smaller than the 60" I currently own but its newer technology and a $2,500 tv for under a grand.

    I would seriously tell them you have the blob even if you don't. Take advantage of the situation because after December 1st, you will be screwed...

  5. #5
    Let's hug it out, bitch! NastiMarvasti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,200
    Liked
    1930 times
    Karma
    1058600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)

    Default

    I have a later model, the KDS50A2000. I swear I saw a blue tint on the screen about 8-10 months ago for a day or two and it freaked me out but I haven't seen it since. Not sure if I was imagining it.

  6. #6
    All Star Blueline's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,731
    Liked
    609 times
    Karma
    10100000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NastiMarvasti View Post
    I have a later model, the KDS50A2000. I swear I saw a blue tint on the screen about 8-10 months ago for a day or two and it freaked me out but I haven't seen it since. Not sure if I was imagining it.
    Quit watching the Smurfs

  7. #7
    Let's hug it out, bitch! NastiMarvasti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,200
    Liked
    1930 times
    Karma
    1058600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    Quit watching the Smurfs
    Damnit, I've been made.

  8. #8
    Frozen Fury JACKPOT!! dgrycan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    10,253
    Liked
    148 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

    Default

    Necro bump - I need this up here for my own reference. On Saturday night, I was stricken with the blue blob, and Sony is working with me on a solution.

  9. #9
    Sarcastic Ass nocturn's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    8,132
    Liked
    2658 times
    Karma
    1105000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgrycan View Post
    Necro bump - I need this up here for my own reference. On Saturday night, I was stricken with the blue blob, and Sony is working with me on a solution.
    What did they end up doing for you Dgry?

    Ive had my KDL52W4100 for about 6 weeks now and love it. It took about a month for me to get use to the smaller 52" but WOW, what it lacks in size it makes up for with clarity.

    I keep the 120mhz off during day to day viewing but turn it on for sports. It really helps with hockey, golf and football.

    The 120mhz hooks unnatural to me especially watching shows that use the shifty camera effect...ie. 24, Law and Order.

    Nice TV either way. Frees up a lot of space also.

  10. #10
    Power Down, Guy! Drum4Pigs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,336
    Liked
    215 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
    What did they end up doing for you Dgry?

    Ive had my KDL52W4100 for about 6 weeks now and love it. It took about a month for me to get use to the smaller 52" but WOW, what it lacks in size it makes up for with clarity.

    I keep the 120mhz off during day to day viewing but turn it on for sports. It really helps with hockey, golf and football.

    The 120mhz hooks unnatural to me especially watching shows that use the shifty camera effect...ie. 24, Law and Order.

    Nice TV either way. Frees up a lot of space also.
    I bought the 46" Z4100 over the summer and LOVE it! I keep the 120hz motion flow off all the time. But now that you mention it's good for sports, I'll try it. It makes everything TOO clear, almost like I'm watching a bad mexican soap opera.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83