Click Here!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: IPhone nearly here

  1. #31
    Media Muthaf***in Maestro styx66's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,174
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    here's a nice list of things it can't do or lacks, for $500+:

    • Songs as Ringtones
    • Games
    • Any flash support
    • Instant Messaging
    • Any 3rd-party Apps
    • Picture messages (MMS)
    • Video recording
    • Voice recognition or voice dialing
    • Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Streaming (A2DP)
    • One-size-fits-all headset jack (May have to buy an adapter for certain headphones)
    • 3G (EV-DO/HSDPA)
    • GPS
    • A real keyboard
    • Removable battery
    • Expandable Storage
    • Direct iTunes Music Store Access (Over Wi-Fi or EDGE)

    pick up a blackjack for $75 and get almost all of that in a lighter, thinner phone.

    except for the screen and more storage space, i can't figure out what makes it a better phone than mine.
    Last edited by styx66; July 1st, 2007 at 04:55 AM.

  2. #32
    "The Kings are THE KINGS" Deuce's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,232
    Liked
    167 times
    Karma
    1024379
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by styx66 View Post
    here's a nice list of things it can't do or lacks, for $500+:

    Songs as Ringtones
    Games
    Any flash support
    Instant Messaging
    Any 3rd-party Apps
    Picture messages (MMS)
    Video recording
    Voice recognition or voice dialing
    Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Streaming (A2DP)
    One-size-fits-all headset jack (May have to buy an adapter for certain headphones)
    3G (EV-DO/HSDPA)
    GPS
    A real keyboard
    Removable battery
    Expandable Storage
    Direct iTunes Music Store Access (Over Wi-Fi or EDGE)

    pick up a blackjack for $75 and get almost all of that in a lighter, thinner phone.

    except for the screen and more storage space, i can't figure out what makes it a better phone than mine.

    The only thing that Im pretty bummed about is that it doesnt have picture messaging. That kinda sucks but I didnt really use it anyways, but it was still kinda nice knowing I could.

    As far as what makes it better besides the larger screen and storage space... That is enough for me. This screen is BEAUTIFUL!!! I have a decent amount of my music and movies on it and I can listen to my podcast in my car thru my aux port on my radio. so far I'm really happy with it and I'm sure that there will be software/firmware updates that allow the iphone to evolve with what customers desire. Its Apple and they have a rep for being expensive but also always trying to better their product for their consumers.

    The price is definitely high but so was my first RZR and that didn't do 1/4 of the things this does. Its obviously not for everyone but Apple did sell a good amount of units so I'm sure they are happy about that.

  3. #33
    2nd Scoring Line SmurfWithAk's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    478
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default



    :::

  4. #34
    MVP SuxBeingU's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    11,724
    Liked
    261 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    the Iphone isn't menat to be a smartphone. Its a callphone with a ipod. Putting this phone on your companys server will be disaaterous. Also the email has no spam filters, you'll get tons of spam with an Iphone. If you go in knowing its a phone an Ipod you'll be fine. If you expect more you'll be disappointed.
    There are plenty of better phones out there, even msart phones BUT they don't have multi million dollars advertising campaigns.

  5. #35
    Thread killer.. grncobra's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    985
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfWithAk View Post


    :::
    LOL!

    HTC Tytn, or know here as Cingular 8525.

  6. #36
    Thread killer.. grncobra's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    985
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuxBeingU View Post
    the Iphone isn't menat to be a smartphone. Its a callphone with a ipod. Putting this phone on your companys server will be disaaterous. Also the email has no spam filters, you'll get tons of spam with an Iphone. If you go in knowing its a phone an Ipod you'll be fine. If you expect more you'll be disappointed.
    There are plenty of better phones out there, even msart phones BUT they don't have multi million dollars advertising campaigns.
    Right but with that price tag it should be able to do all a smart phone can do and more! If I paid 600.00 for a phone/smart phone i would want to be able to do many things..like take video.. what is the point of pitching youtube and not being able to contribute to the viral video community with the product? "You can watch youtube but you can't take video with your Iphone. You can take video with a camera while listening to music and making a phone call on your Iphone"
    Apple really dropped the ball on the Iphone. I am sure there next version will address all the issues but for Apple to release it without many functions that are available now is just strange to me.
    Last edited by grncobra; July 2nd, 2007 at 08:08 AM.

  7. #37
    "The Kings are THE KINGS" Deuce's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,232
    Liked
    167 times
    Karma
    1024379
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grncobra View Post
    Right but with that price tag it should be able to do all a smart phone can do and more! If I paid 600.00 for a phone/smart phone i would want to be able to do many things..like take video.. what is the point of pitching youtube and not being able to contribute to the viral video community with the product? "You can watch youtube but you can't take video with your Iphone. You can take video with a camera while listening to music and making a phone call on your Iphone"
    Apple really dropped the ball on the Iphone. I am sure there next version will address all the issues but for Apple to release it without many functions that are available now is just strange to me.
    If you are looking for a smartphone for business this isnt the phone for you. Other smart phones cant do what the iPhone can do and if you want a phone, ipod, and sweet internet browser this is the phone for you. The price is expensive but what at apple isnt?

    I have hade Treos, Blackberrys, and a Q. Out of all of these devices I prefer my iPhone hands down. It fits my needs more then the others. The iPhone def isnt for everyone but it does do things that none of my other smartphones or pdas could.

    I do agree that it is over priced $400-$500 would of been a bit better imo.

  8. #38
    Thread killer.. grncobra's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    985
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If you are looking for a smartphone for business this isnt the phone for you. Other smart phones cant do what the iPhone can do and if you want a phone, ipod, and sweet internet browser this is the phone for you. The price is expensive but what at apple isnt?

    I have hade Treos, Blackberrys, and a Q. Out of all of these devices I prefer my iPhone hands down. It fits my needs more then the others. The iPhone def isnt for everyone but it does do things that none of my other smartphones or pdas could.

    I do agree that it is over priced $400-$500 would of been a bit better imo.
    I know it is not a smartphone but if is such a sweet browser they should have at least released it with 3G. I have a great phone it does everything the Iphone can do and more. They other day I had a Skype meeting but I was on the 105 clearly I was not going to make it home so I pulled over in Manhattan Beach and took it on my phone. Camera broadcasting my image and all.
    My point is if the Apple fanboys would stop defending and praising there precious Iphone and admit (which Deuce is admiting some flaws) that Apple dropped the ball on the Iphone they would see that there are so many better phones already. Outside of the US there are a so many phones that already revolutionized the mobile phone industry, not Apple and the Iphone. The US is so behind on the mobile phone technology it's a f'n joke.
    Last edited by grncobra; July 2nd, 2007 at 02:46 PM.

  9. #39
    "The Kings are THE KINGS" Deuce's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,232
    Liked
    167 times
    Karma
    1024379
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grncobra View Post
    I know it is not a smartphone but if is such a sweet browser they should have at least released it with 3G. I have a great phone it does everything the Iphone can do and more. They other day I had a Skype meeting but I was on the 105 clearly I was not going to make it home so I pulled over in Manhattan Beach and took it on my phone. Camera broadcasting my image and all.
    My point is if the Apple fanboys would stop defending and praising there precious Iphone and admit (which Deuce is admiting some flaws) that Apple dropped the ball on the Iphone they would see that there are so many better phones already. Outside of the US there are a so many phones that already revolutionized the mobile phone industry, not Apple and the Iphone. The US is so behind on the mobile phone technology it's a f'n joke.
    I agree that it hasnt revolutionized anything. Its a cool gadget that is typical apple. Its much easier to use then most other products. Its very simple and the "wow" factor is its main selling point.

    I wish it had picture messaging and the ability to donwload widgets onto the "desktop." Hopefully a software update will correct some of those issues.

    As far as 3G I would assume they didn't include it because its a battery killer and I'm sure they already had their hands full as is with this device. Just my guess on why 3g isnt on this phone.

  10. #40
    is watching you.... King Taco's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,178
    Liked
    26 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The greatest thing so far about the iPhone is that LGK's pop ups don't show up while surfing the forums.


    The majority of the 'wants' of the iPhone can be easily fixed via a software update. I hope this gets fixed within a couple of months. It's not revolutionary by any means, but it's made the word 'touchscreen' mainstream, and that's what I want from a geek's point of view. I want MS Surface to succeed and products like the iPhone are needed to push this technology.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28